• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

squareGerman

Another Call of Duty is out

101 posts in this topic

The new COD is out, why is this series still going? It's always the same but people still buy it, why? It was good a few year's ago but this is 2013 game's like Battlefield 4 and GTA V are out making Call of Duty look old and bad. Yet it passes 1 billion in retail sales, why?

Deadstuff likes this

I think it is a case of "All my cod friends are gonna play the new one so I need the new one to fit in!"

I hear people at my school always talking about cod, if you are playing fps on console and you have only 2 options some will chose cod.  It is fine though, call of duty did not sell as much as it usually does and it is slowly dying out as other games will take the stag that break the meta, such as Titanfall.

Wizard Venterra likes this

Because it's a simple arcade style shooter that casual gamers love. They want to hop on and mindless kill things with no strategy whatsoever. 

but yes, all they do is copy and paste and get paid big money for it. smh

RayLionheart likes this

time to grab the flame throwers boys  B)

I down right hate cod and there new shady devs and this one is a pinnacle to there lazyness it makes me angry other company's work hard on there games like Bioshock or far cry and cod just has to shovel it out to sell more than both of them its bullshit (I use to love cod) but I've gotten my friends and we have boycotted them sort of speak im not buying one ever again or unless they actually put effort in it

The only think that intersting me about COD was the Story line and the Cinematic feeling they have. My favorite COD was Black ops and although most people don't like that and they all prefer the MW series. COD never offered anything new or inovating. It was always the same mindless arcade shooter. COD Ghost although it offers a intersting Story line and its way better than Black ops 2 and MW 3 in my opiion. Nothing will change the fact that the graphics are outdated. The PC Port is awfull. The storyline is cliche nothing new there. The gameplay is same old COD style. Its not a bad game but nothing really great. Its just like the op said. another cod is out :) move along.

Glaice likes this

It's intuitive, easy, and most importantly it flashes rewards in front of your face every five minutes of play.

All things that casual gamers love, so that's your answer.

But hey, if its success can help videogames become bigger and bigger, I'm all up for that.

The more attention the scene gets, the bigger and healthier it will be.

And that's good for ALL of us. 

I say live and let live. Let the cods shoot and yell at each other in the pond for as long as they enjoy it, in the end it'll benefit us other gamers as well.

Traxiconn likes this

I haven't picked up a CoD since Mw3 for the PC. That ran like Poo-poo.

It'll take a serious revamp of the franchise as well as a long hard look at their own buisness practice for me to even consider picking up another copy.

I understand why people hate it so much but why voice your opinion on it? Its just a game... some people like it some hate it. I tried Ghosts out the other day and it was literally MW3 with a new skin haha. Ill still probably get it for XB1 just because COD is mindless fun. Sometimes I enjoy getting on and wasting people, dont judge me haha.

Call of Duty isn't all that bad. Sure the Multiplayer is usually broken, but the campaigns can be fun and the Coop-Missions are nifty, too. And Killing aliens sound swell.

CoD is not the pinacle of deterioration, it's just a mediocre shooter with a large, yet undeserving fanbase. Battlefield is not that much better in regard, but the Multiplayer which is more balanced and delivers a bit more.

It's funny how they thought their game would beat GTA V's sales yet it was highly unlikely then and it is highly unlikely now

I enjoy cod for its mindlessness as well; and kicking the crap outta friends who think they're getting better can be pretty satisfying, calling themselves hardcore gamers because they've been playing cod since MW2, i wonder if counterstrike would suffer the same criticism if it were at the top of the casual heap. 

I just find them fun to play with friends. I've never enjoyed Battlefield, I prefer CoD easily. And yeah, they are pretty similar ever year, but so are games like Madden, Fifa, etc that come out every year, and nobody harps on those if to the extent of CoD.

......To be honest they will eventyly run out of idea.... Unless they do something crazy like set the next one on Mars or 4000 years later or something.

Ive heard that this is one of the worst Cod games in a long time.

Which is saying a lot

I got out of CoD after MW2. The series kind of kicked the bucket after that point personally for me. i don't find them interesting anymore. The same old feel, and battles. With new weapons and vehicles and that pretty much it. 

Not a fan of the series or the way they make these games but I do understand why they make those games like this. Games like COD, FIfa, ... sell loads of copies every year even when they don't change much (tbh I don't think you can actually change much).

I myself bought Call of Duty Ghosts (and made an AJSA clan in it), and (contrary to what you said) there were some new and fun modes (like extinction, which i really liked, even though it was a bit like zombies from black ops) and the new squads. but you are also right, seeming as the multiplayer itself is mostly the same as ALL the other Cod games, just with different maps and customized characters. but i think that one of the greater reasons why so many of us bought/pre-ordered it was because of the largely advertised Story mode (which from what i played of it, seems fun and varied with parts where you go fist person view from your dog and use him, or the really cool but short space mission at the beginning). but i think that most people bought it because they have been with this franchise from the very beginning and just ignore the repetitiveness because the game itself brings them joy and fun; which is what games are meant to do.

Personally I can see why it is so populaar. Anyone can pick it up and play and have a chance of doing fairely well. Decent arcade shooter. I dont mind it every now and then, but my cup of tea is more or less games like Battlefield or Rising Storm/Red Ocrestra. Games with more team work and strategy. Dont get me wrong ill throw in COD for some mindless fun everynow and then with friends. But with growing up friends have other priorities so they cant always be guranteed to participate. Why I joined up here!

GTONeko likes this

being a cod dev sounds easy...

i really wish i got paid for copy and pasting though

It's intuitive, easy, and most importantly it flashes rewards in front of your face every five minutes of play.

All things that casual gamers love, so that's your answer.

But hey, if its success can help videogames become bigger and bigger, I'm all up for that.

The more attention the scene gets, the bigger and healthier it will be.

And that's good for ALL of us. 

I say live and let live. Let the cods shoot and yell at each other in the pond for as long as they enjoy it, in the end it'll benefit us other gamers as well.

I don't Agree with you. If you support companies that make stupid and broken games that are the same old thing and easy and they offer nothing. They will continue make the games like that. And who knows maybe others companies will mimic this tactics and do the same. They will stop try make something good and in the end all the good franchise will die. Because when you have one franchise and you continuously making one sequel after another because it still offers you Income from the sales you don't even try to make new IP's. Just like Assasins Creed. They releasing so many sequels that if they continue like this the series will just be lame and boring from a point.

One last thing if you are going to make a Sequel at least make something that counts! not take the previous one change the name some few maps and levels and reveal it as a new.... cause its annoying.

Glaice likes this

The new COD is out, why is this series still going? It's always the same but people still buy it, why? It was good a few year's ago but this is 2013 game's like Battlefield 4 and GTA V are out making Call of Duty look old and bad. Yet it passes 1 billion in retail sales, why?

no, you got it wrong. They have sold and shipped their current gen and next gen games to retailers world wide. However not enough gamer actually bough the game to make it 1 billion. So they say that they've "made 1 billion" but from retailers, not from the gamers itself. Also selling and shipping their next gen games to retailers is a cheap way for them to make more money. The publishers also "admit" that they didn't actually sell enough copies as they did with Black Ops 2. 

Also GTA V still holds the title for the most game within a single day. 

Edited by imNOTaSLOTH
WILLthePILL6 likes this

Maybe it's not a good comparison, but it's like sports games.

Fifa an Nba bring a new game every year with some changes (minor or huge (depending on your personal view)) and lot's of people buy that every year.

Why because they want the latest version of their favorite game.

The same goes for COD it's got a big fanbase.

Because it's easy to play (though not easy to win ^^) and if you are good it can be a one man show.

GTONeko likes this

Maby its the crappy multiplayer who knows its like asking why do they keep airing crappy reality showes insted of the good stuff that people actuly watch

Hasn't made a billion yet and problaly won't untill a week or so from now