• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

squareGerman

Another Call of Duty is out

101 posts in this topic

I like call of duty. But only the campaign though. The reason I sort of dont like multiplayer is because (you got to agree with me here) is because little kids who are annoying always think that they're bosses at everything. And they start trash talking to people. I dont know why parents get these kids Rated M games seriously. Its for adults or people who are not obnoxious and not immature.

Kjrocksoutloud likes this

Well i actually just finished ghosts campagain like 5 minutes ago and well, worst cod game campagain wise. Have never played multyplayer and never will probably.
The worst thing was that most of the times you didnt have marker like go from point A to B and kill enemies on the way like previous game, but now you have a npc babysitter who you have to follow and listen pretty much every order. Also all the ghosts symbolics and theme was something that would only appeal for a 6 year old in my opinion. And one of the worst things were that npc-s like got to do all the cool stuff by doing some quick stealt skills and saving everyone. Or like the game says your the best, but lets give your little brother a higher rank so he could babysitt you around. Worst cod so far.

I personally believe it's because people my age (13) or younger enjoy boring, mundane generic shooters. They do not like freedom, nor do they properly understand what freedom is. I can understand the game being popular mostly because of its multiplayer but Battlefield still dominates in that playing field. I don't think anyone but idiots and eleven year olds bought the game because of the story.

But there's a doggy now! Woof, Woof!

:D

People like you are what ruined call of duty. I went to my midnight release for ghosts and felt sad because I was the only person there old enough to buy the game without mommy or daddy. People like you and your parents are a perfect example of what's wrong with some Americans these days.

People like you are what ruined call of duty. I went to my midnight release for ghosts and felt sad because I was the only person there old enough to buy the game without mommy or daddy. People like you and your parents are a perfect example of what's wrong with some Americans these days.

The response is a little uncalled for; no one is directly responsible for "ruining" Call of Duty. Call of Duty was ruined for me by the developers, not the people who play it. I never bought a CoD game for the story, because they were never well written and often revolved around the same cliche story line every game. If anyone is responsible for "ruining" CoD, blame those who involved in actually making it. The children playing it are not responsible, that is the fault of the parent who does not properly monitor the child's gameplay. 

Me, I know if I caught my kid saying half the things I've heard on multiplayer, they would be grounded to their room with nothing to do but sit on their bed, I wouldn't even let them read a book. Parents themselves have become much too complacent about what they allow their kids to do on games, including letting them play games they clearly should not have access to; but that is the parent's call. We cannot tell people how to raise their kids. Despite what we may think, there will always be that annoying kid on multiplayer that thinks he/she is funny for acting like a complete jerk to people who just wanted to log on and have a good game.

It's the parent's job to monitor the child's behavior, not the developer. The developer is however responsible for their game and how they made it. CoD is seriously suffering from lazy writing and lazy creators who are all to happy to recycle the same game and charge full price for it. Why? Because we'll buy it. Blame yourself (I don't mean "you" literally here, I mean it as a general term.) if you continue to buy a game that is not worth your money. Vote with your wallet; if a company knows you'll buy a game because it has that Call of Duty logo slapped on the cover art, they will continue to buy it.

I'm sick and tired of Call of Duty...... Please! Renew the series or next year Call of Duty will be dead.

Well it's quite simple, really, why people buy it. They think it's fun. All of us, the people on Reddit, the people making the witty comments on Youtube about how much CoD sucks, we're a minority. A tiny eencie weetsy whittle minority. We can yell and scream about how much CoD sucks, and why you shouldn't buy it, or why it's just a giant cash grab, but people will still play it because they find it fun. And is that really a bad thing? If they're having fun, what exactly is the issue? It shouldn't be your problem that millions of people are having a blast playing a game. Just don't play it. Problem solved. The only time an issue arrises is when we get CoD clones flooding the market, and we just get a bunch of shitty FPS rolling through. 

I just finished the campaign. I admit it wasn't that bad but the game it self was nothing new. Some mission were annoying... The graphics in some moments were so lame. Textures were low res in many places. And guess what ?:D they are going to release Ghost 2 at some point! because we really want to see another one of this.... its Modern Warfare all over again. I played this game on Veteran Difficulty and there were moment that the game was really difficult and i don't think is because it is hard game.. just because the enemies are just blind shoot at you and its like they using aim bot or something. The AI of your team mates sometimes they can kill enemies before you can and some other times they just sit there and do nothing! seriously... Also the game is sooooo scripted that its annoying at some points. Make it scripted i don't disagree but at least don't make it so obvious..

I'm probably going to get a lot of crap for this but I thought that MW2's multiplayer was... ok?

Untill it got hacked on consoles for course.

Why is it still going you ask?

Why do people buy it you ask?

Well,it's still going because it's making money for them

And secondly,people buy it because.............They can? Not sure why everyone is so worked up about this,it's their money,if they want to buy it,let them have it.

The same reason sports game fans buy new sports games every year I guess.

People play it so much because their friends do and a lot of people who play it are casual gamers and its the only game they play. While they can by the new cod every year and afford it because its the only game the play( I understand this is a generalization of a huge community but its my opinion from first hand accounts, yes, I used to play the game)

Wait they thought cod would beat gta V in sales? LOL. A game that took What 10 years to make vs a game that took not even 1?! Lololol

As much as I have to grit my teeth when I say this... COD does make the gunplay fun, it just get's it right. Maybe not accurate, but fun. But I agree they need to do more, because their solid gun mechanics are about the only thing keeping it alive. They need to just make a full fledged zombie campaign or something, or at least make the historical plots accurate and interesting. They could make it in the middle east, and about all the craziness that has been happening over there, that would be interesting. But god their story lines have been pretty unsatisfying for the past... well... like all of them.

I haven't bought cod since the first black ops wich was good mw3 had a good story but bad multiplayer bo2 had alright campaign and zombies was neat just multiplayer was bad but ghost I said wat the hell lets give it another chance and I'm glad I did the multiplayer is refreshingly fun extinctions alright je and campaign is dope although there's still a lot of negativity and douchbats in the community but that's why I play with my friends plus squads is cool to

Why do People still like COD cause they like the close combat that it supports and BF4 does not but then again I haven't play a new COD since COD4 just seemed like no point really but from what I saw and heard about BF4 it is just like 3 better graphics for sure new modes and new toys and hacks all around

And tournaments and whatnot its more reason on why everyone buy CoD games.

Its not really the reason why but I see what you mean. Other people would buy it just to have fun... and/or play with their friends and such.

Let me describe my experience with CoD

My first CoD was World at War which I have to say had a good campaign, though scripted and linear.

I wanted to play MW2 but my comp did not agree :D

So instead I played the old ones 1,2 and MW1.

Call of Duty had a good premise as an arcade shooter. It is simple but effective. The simplicity made Call of Duty popular among casual gamers. However when they added perks and packs and blabalabla, it became more of a military hardware show than a game. In World at War there were perks, but they were simple. Killstreaks were Artillery and Dogs (Oh these dogs). But now everything is so complicated that I need a flowchart to understand.

This is my experience.

On to the question

Why do people play the same game with a diffrent name? 

Well I call it the Casual Stuborness. Most people play CoD because it is so damn popular! Especially in schools, where peer pressure leads children to buy it. When you try to tell to them they are playing the same game, they answer with things like "It's got New perks and maps! or "It is a new one!".

People play games for fun and it is fun to shoot a few guys and get rewards all over the screen.

Solution?

Wait.

I got a big smile when the sales of BO2 were lower than MW3. It will die slowly. It will happen when they run out of ideas.

Everything above is IMHO

Dasvi

LGimenez likes this

I really think that after ghosts they will change a little, the game doesn't have all that strength that it had in MW2, and it is pretty much the same engine

Let me describe my experience with CoD

My first CoD was World at War which I have to say had a good campaign, though scripted and linear.

I wanted to play MW2 but my comp did not agree :D

So instead I played the old ones 1,2 and MW1.

Call of Duty had a good premise as an arcade shooter. It is simple but effective. The simplicity made Call of Duty popular among casual gamers. However when they added perks and packs and blabalabla, it became more of a military hardware show than a game. In World at War there were perks, but they were simple. Killstreaks were Artillery and Dogs (Oh these dogs). But now everything is so complicated that I need a flowchart to understand.

This is my experience.

On to the question

Why do people play the same game with a diffrent name? 

Well I call it the Casual Stuborness. Most people play CoD because it is so damn popular! Especially in schools, where peer pressure leads children to buy it. When you try to tell to them they are playing the same game, they answer with things like "It's got New perks and maps! or "It is a new one!".

People play games for fun and it is fun to shoot a few guys and get rewards all over the screen.

Solution?

Wait.

I got a big smile when the sales of BO2 were lower than MW3. It will die slowly. It will happen when they run out of ideas.

Everything above is IMHO

Dasvi

For me World at War was nice because of the history facts, the 2nd great war and etc,then MW2 was a good game,BO was my favorite 'cause I enjoyed the storytelling, then MW3 was the same shit as MW2,I remember finishing it in the first time I played and took some 3 hours,then I never finished BO2 and probably I'll never finish ghosts 'cause its just the same,and still there is some people who still buy it and say "It's a new one and have new maps and perks" when you say it is the same,but there is a lot of people that just stopped 'cause "why buy the same multiplayer with new 15 or 20 maps for the price of a brand new game?", that's why I think Activision will change.

I stopped playing after MW3. It's basically just a copy-paste series now, with slightly better visuals every new game.

I played the crap out of the first Modern Warfare, but now... it's so goddamn dull that it makes me sick just watching someone play it. I've got to admit though that I play CoD sometimes when I'm over at a friend's house, and it's super fun to run around with the grenade launcher and hear the try-hards bitch and moan about how noobish it is to use it. So I guess some fun to it, but it all has to do with the players, not the game itself. I wouldn't buy CoD for the campaign, and the matches without these players are extremely boring.

I loved first 2 Call of Duties, they were amazing, but they were extremely different from what we have now. The gameplay and  mechanics were different, the story also. It was much more realistic in the sense of storytelling, and more serious. I suspect it has something to do with the theme used - it's hard to be obnoxious with WW2. These games had a sense of importance, meaning that we were "fighting" in a real historical event, in real historical places, and this fact created a great atmosphere lacked in further instances. It was not centered around some "special super-secret-mystic-amazing squad", it was not centered around specific characters even. Yeah, they had names and bios ( some of them at least ), but they were not immortal nor overhyped as the crucial story elements, all characters were just soldiers caught in a real bad war with equal chance of survival and equal skills in the given situation. ( I hate the fact that they've used one of such characters and made him into a messiah-immortal entity that exists beyond time continuum, talking about Cpt. Price here who was KILLED in WW2 and ressurected ( ? ) later on each and every game, how can I take the game seriously after that? )).

The first Modern Warfare was absolutely great, innovative, cinematic, yet still, more or less serious. They managed to create an epic modern story without going full retard on it, they made it believable and brutal - remember the fight before the nuclear explosion? You know that it's a game, and that you will survive no matter what, right? Well, remember your reaction while you were slowly dying of radiation and injuries on the ground few seconds later? Yeah. 

But then it all went wrong ©. Slowly, but surely, games began to become a standard copy-paste job ( with the somewhat exception of WW2 themed one, again ), gameplay was stripped to its limit, becoming just an obstacle or a gap-filler for you to do until the next cutscene plays, the story became hilarious in its attempts to be taken extremely seriously and philosophicaly, and the overall sense of importance or significance was lost on me. I don't care about these "ghosts", really, and I don't want to watch another movie-game-mixture about "bad terrorists or bad russians or bad arabs" with unnecessary epic music between every mission, as if I'm bringing the Jesus from Heaven, and not killing some generic dudes over and over...

I'm not talking about multiplayer here, because it's the same every time. 

Now, why people buy it?.. 
They like it. Somehow. 

And while they like it, it will live and feast on their money. 
And this feast will be a long one.

But as with WW2 theme, the "modern" theme is also getting old, fast. They have to come out with something new or better, but they will not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbTtsezso4Q

I pretty much lost interest with Modern Warfare 2. It was such a bad port on PC and it had so many hackers (and was so much like the first Modern Warfare) that I decided to just step out. That plus that the high speed, short rounds, camper friendly gameplay didn't really suit me. I was a huge Battlefield 1942 fan (and also especially the mod Forgotten Hope), so I was/am used to huge maps, vehicles, being able to easily flank etc. That being said I have been disappointed with the Battlefield series for some time now. I didn't nearly get the same amount of hours in BF3 as I did in BF42. Last one I liked was Bad Company 2, especially because you could just blow up the room or house with the sniper in it. It was weird how destruction was a big selling point for BF3 yet it didn't have the same amount as BC2, I was a tad disappointed at that.

That being said: I can see why people like call of duty. It is fast, short rounds and thus easy to pick up for a few rounds and then leave it again. So if you are not willing or unable to play for a long time you can just do a few rounds and be done with it. Plus it makes for an exciting e-sport because it moves quickly.

It is just not a game that I enjoy. It mostly just stressed me out and I play for fun.

As for changes: I don't think we will see any major engine changes until the next gen is really and truly here. And then we'll have to see if they will switch sceneries. But as long as every iteration rakes in a ton of cash they won't be changing a winning team.

I blame Corporate Commanders brainwashing techniques and propaganda, not everyone has a strong will like us in the Angry Army.

So just for those little people we have to win, good quality games and free DLC for everybody.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! VICTORY OR DEATH!

i hate the multiplayer in ghost the guns are too OP but i liked the campaign and extiction not so much 

AW S*** NOT ANOTHER ONE :lol: