• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sobieskiukas

Duo in league to get out of bronze

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys im new to the angry army wanted to see if u wanna go for a duo on skype to play some league of legends in duo ranked to get out of bronze if u want hit me up. My nick is Amn3sia in NA server see ya in the league :)

I'm pretty much quitting playing ranked matches, I'm bronze V 0 LP, and before you say I'm unskilled, I must say that I can't do nothing when my mid fizz is 1/8, my support Thresh is 1/7/3 (and was never on bot lane, I was solo laning bot), more feeding on top. Enemy Zed was 27/3. I was the only one with a "positive" score of 3/3 and 100 cs...

Other game was lost because our 23/4 Zed decided to feed 8 times, and refusing to destroy their Nexus when it was at half health with no one to protect it... They did dragon and Baron, pushed mid, our ADC got caught and other two decided to go in 3v5 because "he got caught". GG WP.

Trolls and people who play while scratching their ballginas ruin my experience with ranked gaming, when it's supposed to be a more serious match.

I have a better and way more fun experience in normals and other game modes.

I'm pretty much quitting playing ranked matches, I'm bronze V 0 LP, and before you say I'm unskilled, I must say that I can't do nothing when my mid fizz is 1/8, my support Thresh is 1/7/3 (and was never on bot lane, I was solo laning bot), more feeding on top. Enemy Zed was 27/3. I was the only one with a "positive" score of 3/3 and 100 cs...

Other game was lost because our 23/4 Zed decided to feed 8 times, and refusing to destroy their Nexus when it was at half health with no one to protect it... They did dragon and Baron, pushed mid, our ADC got caught and other two decided to go in 3v5 because "he got caught". GG WP.

Trolls and people who play while scratching their ballginas ruin my experience with ranked gaming, when it's supposed to be a more serious match.

I have a better and way more fun experience in normals and other game modes.

When you're Bronze 5 you most certainly can do stuff a lot better. Not saying that you're unskilled, but there's a reason for being in Bronze 5. Yes your team might be bad, but the same goes for the enemy. And 1 good player has a far higher chance of carrying the game in lower leagues.. 

So take a look at your own gameplay, think about what you can do better.. If you're winning your lane 10/0 and the middle is having trouble.. Maybe gank mid then? Leave your lane, and help that guy. And hell you could even help push mid then, and continue helping out like that. Doesn't mean your should leave your lane unattended, but helping your team get kills is far more useful then just staying in your own lane and killing a enemy that gives no money anymore. And to carry a game at lower leagues, having a good champion pick can really make carrying far easier (Vayne carry wins games by herself at lower leagues, if the player is sufficiently skilled.). 

I personally think you should be a bit more critical about yourself. You might not be unskilled or whatever, but you also aren't skilled enough either if you're in Bronze 5. 

P.S: One of my friends from Diamond 3 put himself into Bronze 5 on purpose and got back into diamond in a month (Once he reached Bronze 1 he was put up against gold 3's and Plat 5's constantly... And he did play a few games every day. I think it was something like 70-100 games to get into diamond though. He skipped a shit ton of leagues, and his win rate once reaching diamond was something like 95%). He lost some games cause of teamm8s as well (When he was a support), but that was at a far higher level then bronze. Other then that, he had no actual problems with carrying games against bronze and silver players. 

Bronze 5 teams are uncooperative, and it doesn't help when at 5 mins we've already given 5 kills.

Bronze 5 teams are uncooperative, and it doesn't help when at 5 mins we've already given 5 kills.

And that's why carrying is far easier. Both your team and the enemy team are uncooperative which is the balancing point. And that's why a single-player can carry games far easier. Like I said, there's a reason why you're in bronze 5. You might not be Bronze 5 bad, yes. In a good team you might perform better. But again, you're supposed to be good enough to carry your team in bronze 5, which isn't that hard tbh. It requires you to play a character that can carry. I recommend you take mid with ryze or something and completely decimate the enemy mid and start roaming. And just completely destroy your enemy, by single-handedly carrying the game. If you play a support at that level you won't be able to carry anything.. And the same goes for low damage tanky tops and jungles. There're champions that can carry far easier than others. Use them.

I have to agree with koin on this one. If you wish to dig yourself out of that hole then you need carry your team. The higher you get it becomes more about teamwork but at bronze 5 it is all about that 1 guy (hopefully you) that completely carried the team.

Moved topic to LoL forums

So true, last season I was stuck in bronze III and took a long break, somehow I'm silver 1 this season when I'm worse than I was last season.

Right now my girlfriend's in bronze 1 because the only role she's good at is support. She's a gold-caliber support, bronze at carry roles.

I'm leveling a smurf to play with her, but in the meantime I basically told her to learn to play carry roles.

I did one duoq match with her to prevent her from going into rating decay... I went a carry top laner, I think Irelia, and snowballed out of control and basically single-handedly won the game by simply telling my team to push bot lane while I pushed top. I was so far ahead as a snowbally champion that they had to send 2-3 people to deal with me, which meant my team won the fight they were in on their side of the map. Or, if the enemy didn't send enough to deal with me, I killed everyone who went for me and took towers while my team retreated and probably died.

In either case, we kept taking objectives, which eventually led to baron control, which led to the baron throw by the enemy, and our win. Mostly because I outplayed everything and was a 1-man army.

And that's only in bronze 1, duo'd with a gold 4 (so enemy team/our teammates were low silver) bronze 5 mmr is a whole other level. Given the bronze 5 people I've played with/against in normals before, I'm pretty sure I could literally 1v5 their team as certain champions (Jax, Irelia, Poppy, Kayle... basically any snowbally hypercarry).

TLDR: You want out of bronze, get good at a snowbally hypercarry champion and win games single-handedly. Sadly, this hasn't stopped being true for me yet in gold.

Bronze itself is easy to get out. Mentality of most bronze player is crushed after FB or couple of kills. Get the basics right and play a snowballish champs and that's everything you need to get out of bronze. Patience and consistency is the key for this game 

Hey I'm game, if you're still interested. Just joined the forums myself, and I feel like I could use some slightly more reliable teammates on occasion. I'd really like to make it to at least Silver.