• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HybridRain

The Viewer - Does the price affect the game's rating and content? (S02EP01)

MGS: Gorund Zeroes, is the content worth the price?   4 members have voted

1. 1. is GZ really worth the $30-$40?

• YES!
    • No...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

Ground Zeroes, as mentioned, is pretty much a demo. The game is wonderful, but buying a demo for that price is ridiculous. About Titanfall, its multiplayer is great, but the campaign isn't. The price and the content should definitely influence the rating. We're the ones buying the games, and I think we deserve a good amount of content for what we pay. It doesn't have to influence the rating dramatically, but, it does need to be addressed, just like a flaw in any game.

After much thought... I say no. The content isn't worth the price. Believe me.

The price can effect the rating yes, because the price is the ultimate determiner of the value of the provided content. You can offor me the best game ever made, but charge 250 dollar for it and I'll go elsewhere.

On the other hand the argument may be that price isn't static and it can change, and while that's true as long as the reviewer states that the price is drawing from the offered score/rating/whathaveyou than any potential buyers can merely use their own intuition to determine at what price it becomes worth it to them.

It isn't just Metal Gear: Ground Zero.  That demo was just ridiculous.  But it isn't just that.  Killer Instinct is another game out there that does the same thing.  I remember when I heard it was released and I said, "Really?  So soon after E3.  Didn't look like it was done, but ok."  Yeah...when I checked it out and my jaw hit the floor.  The cast was unfinished, the game lacked an arcade mode of anykind, there was no tutorial (not that I remember, could be wrong), no disc inside the case (it had a code to download it) and it is $50 at least.  Are you kidding me?  Oh but they said that they would release more characters later with the arcade mode coming with Fulgore (who isn't even on the "initial" roster).  This is an unfinished game.  That is just re-god damn-diculous.  I don't care how good the game is...it just isn't worth it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0