• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Grimno

The Collector's

27 posts in this topic

By Collector's I am not referring to a Collector's addition or anything like that.

With the Elder Scrolls Online going live this Sunday, I began to have a small worry. Not about me, but about Joe.

Watching when he streamed DCUO, I watched as he was surrounded by a LOT of Angry Army folks.

I figured to myself, that would probably also occur in ESO, and that was where my concern came in.

Joe said in his community update he was gonna spearhead into this, but with so many folks following him I suspect it's gonna be rather difficult for Joe to collect things like Iron Ore, Jute, and other raw materials needed for crafting if he has all those folks on his heels. Even if a good number of folks step back and say 'Let Joe mine this ore!", there will be folks who will snag it.

There's also the other players not in the Angry Army we have to consider too.

So I've decided to create an unofficial personnel side mission. I won't be trailing Joe though i'll keep his stream up sure and watch his experience while I play mine, but I'll be collecting everything I come across. And 10% of said materials, I'll send to Joe if he wants it, that way he doesn't have to push through randoms and AJSA members just to get that last bit of iron ore he needs.

I chose 10% so that I still get the materials I need, and it wouldn't be swamping him with "Here's all this stuff you need so you don't ever have to do anything ever in ESO!"

If anyone else wants to do so, go ahead, but if suddenly we have 50+ people doing this, then I'd suggest lowering the cut to 5%.

The point of this is to ease the trouble of resource gathering as a horde, not ease the game.

Darkholme likes this

Alas I can't send mail from the EU server to the US one so i'll just have to keep all the mats I find to myself.

Oh well....

____1307038_orig.jpg

Nightshade likes this

Alas I can't send mail from the EU server to the US one so i'll just have to keep all the mats I find to myself.

Oh well....

____1307038_orig.jpg

Can always help out those in the EU servers ^^

Like i said this is just an idea. If Joe is all "No! No helping! Everything will be done by my hands alone!" followed by "NOOO! LET ME GET THE ORE DAMN IT!"

Well, then my ore is my ore!

Grimno: This makes sense. I think thats not problem to save some materials for our grand general so he can focus on the more importat things.

I'm not really that interested in stalking Joe. He's a nice guy and everything, but I have my own shit to do. Plus it's not like I'll ever have the chance to group with him since he'll be playing with his friends and officers.

I'll probably only ever be near Joe during in pvp and even then I might not even see him. =P

I think that is a good idea Grimmo. That what I love about this community. When it comes down to it, we take care of the Army.

I think that is a good idea Grimmo. That what I love about this community. When it comes down to it, we take care of the Army.

True. I joined this comunity because I hoped that Joe will attract people with siliar mind seting as me. And I am pleased how this comunity works. A lot of realy fine and helpfull people here. I like that.

Well It would be interesting to run into and play with Joe, (especially in Cyrodiil) I have no plans on stalking the guy. I'm here to play the game and have fun. Part of said fun (for me at least) is helping others to enjoy the game. Having a horde of people following you around randomly sounds.... well not very fun at all. I take it back It'd be fun in Cyrodiil me thinks, but roaming around the world in general? Bah!

I've never ran into any trouble collecting resources (except for the damn alchemy/enchanting stuff, to the best of my knowledge there is no way to deconstruct stuff to get that) so if there's anything specific needed I'd be happy to help. I can't say I'd agree to a specific percentage of everything I gather, but if directly asked about a specific resource (or resources) needed I'm always happy to help unless it is in short supply.

Having said that this would not be just for Joe, but rather for any member of the AJSA..... Mayhaps having people contribute a % to the G-bank, and allowing people to use said resources to craft stuff for any AJSA member would be best. I am generally happier sharing my stuff with my guild/clan then with any specific player.  Although perhaps I am not truly grasping how much of a pain a horde of fan boys would be....

Kinda like a swarm of locusts.....

Gilt likes this

I won't follow joe either (will he play a female? maybe then) I like getting the hang o the game and doing my own thing. 

I have no intentions of stalking Joe, so I'll at best say hi if I do bump into him in game, otherwise my contribution to the Angry Army will be as whatever I can do.

Besides, you really should play the game on it's merits, not because some celebrity is playing it :P

I also have no intention on stalking or following Joe.I plan on leveling my Archer and helping the Angry Army Dominate Cyrodiil For Queen and Province! The privledge of being in the Angry Army is enough, if I run into Joe it'll be cool tho :)

same as above.. me and my gf will be playing together and wont be bothering..
tho it will be cool to take a pic with the movie star when we do meet him. 
I mean who would be able to resist the temptation ^^

but besides we will meet him in cyrodil anyway lol so no need to rush..

Glad to see other's liking the idea, and it's true it can be expanded to assist other members.

Though as I said, it'd be more of a helping hand, not a leash to pull them along with lol.

It's, Assistance, not Game Genie for Infinite Crafting Materials!

And while as I said I won't be stalking joe, though yeah will probably snag a pic of me using the "hammerwall' emote on the side of his head for the fun of it, I will be fighting in Cyrodille for the AJSA, and when it comes to electing an Emperor when it comes to that, I'll be nominating joe cause "like fun" I'd be willing to do that!

Gilt likes this

i will be glad to help joe i am a gathering gnome i see gatherable and my inner kender comes out and gose oooohhhhhh shiiiiiinnnnnyyyy!!!!!!!!so count me in.

and when it comes to electing an Emperor when it comes to that, I'll be nominating joe cause "like fun" I'd be willing to do that!

It's not done on voting.

It's based on certain actions and results in Cyrodiil.

I think many of us will not be stalking Joe. But you I am affraid some will. None can prevent it. People are crazy when they meet superstar. So it good idea to colect for him and as mentioned expand it to support dedicated guild crafters.

To be honest I am certainly exited with image of Joe leadeng hundered or more of us in to the batte. Sure I may not even be able to throw area heal near him. But still... I can make few screenshots and say I was there ;)

We'll be able to tell our grandkids where we were the day that Angry Joe fell defending our freedom to kill with a clean conscience. 

Gilt likes this

Does anybody know how long we have to register eso?  Mine is getting mailed to me. and one other thing, does anybody know if those of us who preordered the imp edition will be granted full access to its benefits i.e. making imperials or do we have to wait until we get it in the mail?

^ my understanding is you should have been sent a code which will give you early access when you enter it into your ESO account. If you had played the beta there is no need to worry because your beta launcher can be updated and it will run the game at launch. If you haven't played the beta and haven't received a code I'm not sure. I would advise you to go directly to ESO's homepage and click contact us and send them a email asking about this. CRS's respond quickly I have never had to wait more then a few hours (so far) when contacting A ESO CSR.

I bought Digital simply because this is the kind of thing I was worried about, so I'm not sure.

*Stands there, riding crop in hand*

Alright ladies and gents. It is now 2pm eastern standard time  on march 29th! In seventeen hours, the servers will go live. Now I suspect there will be issues, there always are issues no matter the number of betas, so expect frustration.

We are going to be spearheading right into this... and I suspect the tutorial starts are going to be for lack of better of term.. hell.. on... earth, with players swarming over everything.

Any Jute you find you collect!

Any ore you see you MINE!

You collect everything you physically can cause you bet your sweet ass you'll need it later!

I'm kind of glad I only have 3 day early access for that reason. It will still be quite crowded, but not nearly has bad.

I joined the AJSA for the community and to see regular first in line updates of Joe's impressions on many different things.  I have NO intention of going out of my way to run with him or anything of the sort.   " I " bought this game, therefore anything I find is mine.  Now will I give someone from the guild or someone I know from these forums some crafting mats if they ask me to and I have no need at the time?  Sure.  I am here to play this game and enjoy an online concept of some of my favorite Lore.  Anything other then that is not enjoyable.

See nothing so far about when " the guild " will be starting and who to talk to, and seeing as I work nights I won't have time later today to log in and check forums again until after work.  So have fun with whatever you all are planning and remember this is a game, meant to be enjoyed NEVER do anything you don't feel like doing.  

Oh, on another note.  It is entirely possible to make a character and level it up with the help of someone else and ONLY put your point into the crafting trees, just means you will kind of need to be carried along the way.  But the guild could come to you later on knowing your the one that knows how to make " put random crap here " and you will have the mats.

Gone likes this

Is there going to be a guild bank type thing that we will be able to donate resources to in ESO since in the beta I never joined a guild I am not sure.  If there is then I would definitely like to help in the gathering to aid the whole of the guild as well. 

Do not mail it to him just deposit to the guild bank. You do not want for his mailbox to overflow!