• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam Jensen

Advice on budget gaming pcs?

18 posts in this topic

Hello AJSA, I am a console gamer who has dabbled in PC gaming and im looking to switch over but my current PC is dying just trying to run any modern game. I know most people will advise to build my own but with college, work and my own technical know how, I dont think I am up for the task. I currently live in Ireland so im looking for one in the range of 400-500 EURO which would be able to play most modern games on Medium-High graphics. If you live outside of Europe but have a suggestion just leave it and I will look into the pricing of post and packaging. I would be very grateful for all suggestions and or help from you guys as it kills me looking at steam sales of games my PC just cant run.

Croaker likes this

Hello AJSA, I am a console gamer who has dabbled in PC gaming and im looking to switch over but my current PC is dying just trying to run any modern game. I know most people will advise to build my own but with college, work and my own technical know how, I dont think I am up for the task. I currently live in Ireland so im looking for one in the range of 400-500 EURO which would be able to play most modern games on Medium-High graphics. If you live outside of Europe but have a suggestion just leave it and I will look into the pricing of post and packaging. I would be very grateful for all suggestions and or help from you guys as it kills me looking at steam sales of games my PC just cant run.

let me look around I will do my best to also get it in Euro prices, as long as the prices translate well you should be able to get a pretty decent comp for that price

When I first started gaming I had a Gateway PC that I found to be very reliable. The specs were above average at the time.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3h0tr

Sadly I went about 40 euro over, but its still semi close, if your willing to put down another 40 euro you could get a R9 270x which is a fairly good deal depending on where you buy it from, other places have inflated prices from increased demand though

also I suggest stealing the CD Drive from your current and using it on your new one, and if there is any way you can let me know your current Power Supply that may be something that can help

and frankly with the 750 Ti it may be worth while for now just to throw that into your current PC for a quick upgrade,

if there is anyway you could let me know what your current PC is, I could help you further

Anyone else find it mildly ironic that Adam Jenson is looking for budget hardware?

Anyway, from my quick google search that comes to around 700 bucks american so lets see. You can do a budget gaming system with that, but i mean you can't have it both ways. Ya can't say, "I want to build a budget gaming rig." And also say, "Be able to run modern games at High-Medium settings."

People say AMD and ATI hardware for CPU and GPU are best when money is tight, could look into that. I'm an intel-nvidia man myself so I can't really say.

Adam Jensen likes this

Anyone else find it mildly ironic that Adam Jenson is looking for budget hardware?

Anyway, from my quick google search that comes to around 700 bucks american so lets see. You can do a budget gaming system with that, but i mean you can't have it both ways. Ya can't say, "I want to build a budget gaming rig." And also say, "Be able to run modern games at High-Medium settings."

People say AMD and ATI hardware for CPU and GPU are best when money is tight, could look into that. I'm an intel-nvidia man myself so I can't really say.

the amd method no longer works as their prices are inflated because how effective tehy are at bit-mining

the amd method no longer works as their prices are inflated because how effective tehy are at bit-mining

ugh, bitmining. Never understood what the hell that even was.

a GTX 650 or for a little more a 750ti would be a good pick, my 650 gets me BF4 on medium with some low settings on a 1600x900 monitor. avg 45-50 fps.

After a quick search I found this that looks promising 

You can also get a better gaming PC for the price if you're willing to shave off Windows and go Linux. 

After a quick search I found this that looks promising 

that graphics card is REALLY REALLY bad

not worth it

that graphics card is REALLY REALLY bad

not worth it

Yea yer at least gonna want something DDR5 for the GPU

I know most people will advise to build my own but with college, work and my own technical know how, I dont think I am up for the task.

It really is not that difficult to do. All it took was for me to watch this video before I made my first computer.

If you ever need to upgrade your pc in the future, it is nice to know this information in the first place.

the reason people advise to build your own by the way is because of the exact issue with what star treks computer

your paying the same amount for a computer that will run horribly, as you would for a decently powerful PC that you built your own, with the build I suggested all you would need is a screwdriver, 20-30 minutes, youtube and patience

go to www.overclockers.co.uk

they have a section of pre built gaming systems that are custom made, just as if you were to buy your own hardware and build yourself, except it's done for you.

you are pretty much gonna end up buying a high end gaming machine, but within high end rigs you have medium levels and top levels is what i would say. medium levels might be an intel core i5, geforce GTX 6 / 7 / 8 series, 8 gigs of DDR3 dual channel ram minimum, x1 solid state drive with x1 large SATA drive.

top level rigs would be something like intel core i7, geforce titan, 32GB DDR3 tri channel ram, x2 medium to large sized solid state drives with x1 / x2 large SATA drives.

your medium level rig with a combined case, keyboard, mouse, set of 2.1 speakers / gaming stereo headset with mic, and an HD monitor at minimum 24inch i would estimate with today's prices to be around £600-700.

the same for a top level rig i would say would cost between £800-1000. if you already have peripherals and so on and just need the PC, then  subtract your costs and see what it comes out to. even for you coming from consoles, £600 for a high end gaming rig is quite amazing tbh, because the hardware will outlast every game coming out for pretty much the entire current 8th gen console generation. you wont need to upgrade at all for many many years. even when microsoft releases the new direct x 12, it's gonna take years for all developers to stop developing on DX11 and move to 12, and all you would need to change on your PC in that case would be a new graphics card, which is simple as open box, take out card, put in new one. and install drivers, and that's about it.

you can, as i expect many will quote this and say the same, get a gaming machine that's roaring for cheaper than my estimates and lower on the hardware scale, but imo it wouldn't be worth the low amount of savings. you might be able to get one for £400-500, but you may end up needing to upgrade much earlier than with my example mid level entry gaming machine using todays hardware.

hope that helps you.

here is the best i managed to do with pcpartpicker

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Itsuyame/saved/4bgm

you wont get much better for any less money

also keep in mind theres no OS and no CD-DVD/C/Writer included

that PC can run the majority of the games on medium-high settings, its actually derived from my own build but its obviously cheaper than mine, still im pretty sure thats as cheap as you can get for so much power

Thanks alot for all the replies so fast didn't expect such great help so thanks, I got my current pc about 10 years ago with an upgrade about 5 years but I have no idea of the specs and what not also I don't mind splashing out an extra 50 EURO for a PC (just have to cut a few dinners out of my budget, student life is painful). I am willing to give building a computer a try but usually I cant find any good builds in which I can get the parts due to shipping problems as most are from America but you guys seem to be pretty experienced on this stuff so if you wanna throw a few builds my way that would be great, and you dont have to look into shipping leave that up to me yous are already helping loads it would feel wrong if yous did all that to. Thanks again guys really nice to see the AJSA being so supportive.

And to Doshka's earlier question my past has made it difficult to trust the world of technology so I need some help re-entering it haha

Ahahaha! Oh I know how you feel, I bought a ton of games I can't run (or can run at 15 fps) last year. Should have saved up, I'd already have a good extra chunk for my planned build if I had.

Thanks alot for all the replies so fast didn't expect such great help so thanks, I got my current pc about 10 years ago with an upgrade about 5 years but I have no idea of the specs and what not also I don't mind splashing out an extra 50 EURO for a PC (just have to cut a few dinners out of my budget, student life is painful). I am willing to give building a computer a try but usually I cant find any good builds in which I can get the parts due to shipping problems as most are from America but you guys seem to be pretty experienced on this stuff so if you wanna throw a few builds my way that would be great, and you dont have to look into shipping leave that up to me yous are already helping loads it would feel wrong if yous did all that to. Thanks again guys really nice to see the AJSA being so supportive. And to Doshka's earlier question my past has made it difficult to trust the world of technology so I need some help re-entering it haha

well, like someone once said "Technology Equals Might" :P (yes i play in the VS in PS2 <3)

anyways, hope you can get a great PC

AJSA is very dedicated ~