• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zbh

Foundry Tactical Combat addon

29 posts in this topic

For those who have beta tested as I did, you may notice a lack of some things. Scrolling combat text, better life and stamina meters etc. There is an addon called Foundry Tactical Combat out there that basically gives you more information to your User Interface, as permantent and moveable Damage meters, scrolling combat text (so you can actually see how much damage your doing) and health/stamina/magicka of not only yourself, but of your targets, friend or foe. For PvP, this is essential in my opinion. The addon is still being updated, and one feature that is not in as of this post is showing your horse's stamina bar when riding it. Although an easy workaround is hitting 'alt' when riding fast and it'll flash the games natural horse stamina bar so you can see how long you can sprint for. Hope this helps people for launch day!

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/foundry-tactical-combat/

edit: This is a Addon that is developed by Atropos of the website Tamriel Foundry (http://tamrielfoundry.com). All credit for its development and continued support goes to him. I'm just linking it to help people get ready to get the most out of ESO's limited interface for those who want more.

Eh I'm not a big fan of addons. If a game is displaying insufficient information then they should change the in game UI to display this stuff rather then relying on another party to create some tool to display it. If everyone just gets the addon rather then asking them for the display in game then they're never actually going to fix the problem.

Eh I'm not a big fan of addons. If a game is displaying insufficient information then they should change the in game UI to display this stuff rather then relying on another party to create some tool to display it. If everyone just gets the addon rather then asking them for the display in game then they're never actually going to fix the problem.

The game developer's intended for the UI to be clean. The game is perfectly playable without any addons. It just adds more info for those who want it, I.e. pvpers like me who want to know when debuffs are expiring and how much damage we're doing

forzsaken likes this

thx for this..

i wonder though.. are there official add-ons?  and if it is.. i wonder.. would they be sold on the rumored cash shop in-game? or will they be free... hmm.. 

thx for this..

i wonder though.. are there official add-ons?  and if it is.. i wonder.. would they be sold on the rumored cash shop in-game? or will they be free... hmm.. 

Addons are typically third party so they will be free.

I've never known a game to make addons and sell them.

I'm not sure they would even dare sell addons...can you imagine the backlash if they did? XD

I'm not sure they would even dare sell addons...can you imagine the backlash if they did? XD

I gotta agree, I would up and quit for that reason alone no matter how much I loved the game.

Through the Curse Client I downloaded a easy lockpicking addon for skyrim, hope they make a lockpicking addon and hope curse client supports eso, so easy to update addpns with it.

TESO provides an API to modify the UI, so I'm thinking industrious people will make all kinds of modifications to show personal/pet information.

http://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page

That being said, I've read a dev post that almost sounded like TESO would "break" add-ons that gave PVP players an advantage. Part of their "keep the game balanced and fair for everyone" thinking. I can't find that link, but I'm guessing information about "other" players will be limited in the UI updates. As a healer class, this is going to stink!

I know of a handful of people that have mods, I have not tried any out.  I am just hoping some of you could post what mod it is you might be using and if your finding it helpful to your game play. 

A little before early access began, I stumbled across this: http://minion.mmoui.com/ It's a nice little mod manager for ESO. So far I'm using the Foundry Tactical Combat mod and enjoying it. It tracks damage with floating numbers and shows cooldown timers for enemies' skills etc. I would recommend it. 

I'm also considering using the ZrMiniMap and/or perhaps Wykkyd's Framework, etc.

Cheers.

I have the option of using them I know, and because of my background with modding you'd think I would use them, but I don't. Mostly because I like the UI to be as limited as possible, I sometimes even switch it off entirely when I just want to be immersed.

Got minion and grabbed the Wykkyd's framework, but when I got into game it said i was missing  mhFramework.

Zrminimap or something call like that. put a minimap on the hud.

I have a few add-ons, mostly UI changing ones, including combat text. I tried the mini-map one yesterday but I kept getting an error for it, so I uninstalled it. That would be handy though, if it is fixed.

Zrminimap or something call like that. put a minimap on the hud.

well I have this and have yet to see a mini map

EDIT Redownloaded tonight and it works now

I installed it and it work right away.

None.

I don't need crutches to walk and I don't need them in my games either.

Gomly: Its a think of preference. I like those things. I do not need any cheat or mechanic which will do anything instead of me. But what I need is acces to most information I can geat as easy as I can. I played EQ2 in the past and I am custom with Profit UI. That was the best UI I have ever seen. You had all information about your character right in front of your eyes. Thats how I like it. I would also love to have combat log and be able to analyze how much I am able to heal, to damage, with certain abilities. That will help me know what I should focus, where I should put my effort in improving my gear and so on. Good UI is main aspect of any end game content. I hope there will be UI as close to UI reborn as posible.

I'm not really a fan of mods, but I am using LootDrop because it allows me to see what I've looted while using auto loot option.

I don't like to use mods that alter the look of games or dictate how I should play.

Never been a fan of the addons like WoW has that tell u everything and when to move and who needs a heal and when to heal them and which ability to use yada yada yada. And min maxers will be hollering about  some sort of combat log soon, just the nature of the beast. But Mods that allow me to move aspects of the UI to where I want them are always welcome

esoui.com has some interesting ones though I will probably wait until after the official launch, more than likely these mods will go out of date due to updates fairly quickly

ESOHead/ESOhead markers(For resource nodes and skyshards)

FTC

Wykkyds Framework

I'm sure there will be more later on, fun part is keeping everything up to date. XD