• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

fridgeracer

PS3 games - recommend me some

42 posts in this topic

hey guys, how are u all doing?

good i hope. i'm gaming lately on my PS3 and have exhausted my current library pretty much. i have:

Uncharted 1-3, GT5-6, GTA5, last of us, red dead redemption, resistance, dark souls, south park stick of truth, need for speed hot pursuit, COD MW3, skyrim, wipeout HD, legends of wrestlemania.

anyone want to recommend a game that's not new so i could pick it up for cheap at my local game store second hand please? i am up for any game that's good really. of course i am not interested in any shit like singstar or zumba fitness or whatever PS move game is that matches nintendo keep fit stuff. normal games please that require couch, headset for online, and a bowl of nachos.

in particular at the moment, i think i would like to play a good racing game that's also got online, and an RPG, and a wrestling game that's got a booming online community to play with. i recently got NFS hot pursuit, cod mw3, and legends wrestlemania to play with a friend and didn't like them for various personal reasons such as control systems and design of game maps, so those 3 are gonna be traded in again.

thanks guys / thanks to all who respond here with your thoughts and recommendations, peace!

BlueGreyWolf likes this

Batman: Arkham City

Metal Gear Solid 4

Saints Row 2

Sleeping Dogs

fridgeracer likes this

Dragon's crown, Blaz Blue Chronophantasma, Aquapazza, Chaos Code, MGS4, MGS series, Tales Of game series, Heavy Rain, Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, Dark Souls 2, Demon Souls, Parasite Eve 1 & 2, original Resident Evils, Journey, Flower, Ni No Kuni, uhhhhh... Killer Is Dead, Lolipop Chainsaw... Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (better than that revolution crap). Skull Girls (you can still get all the free DLC I think). Nier, Little Big Planet, Kill Zone, Ratchet And Clank, God Of War.

Uhhh that's all I got atm. If you don't mind the move, No More Heroes.

I could toss in Armored Core 4 Answer and 5 and Verdict Day.

TOTALLY FORGOT! The entire DMC series. Yes, even 2. Even Devil May Cry DMC (it's good, just everyone hates Neo-Dante and how easy it can be). And Ninja Gaiden if you don't mind balls to the wall difficulty.

For racing there's motorstorm apocalypse. Looks fun.

I wouldn't bother myself with Beyond Two Souls. Personal Opinion. You might like it.

fridgeracer and DemonsColt like this

Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat

He already has Dark Souls.

i'm gaming lately on my PS3 and have exhausted my current library pretty much. i have:

Uncharted 1-3, GT5-6, GTA5, last of us, red dead redemption, resistance, dark souls, south park stick of truth, need for speed hot pursuit, COD MW3, skyrim, wipeout HD, legends of wrestlemania.

fridgeracer likes this

Infamous for sure.

As for racing games, I don't play them so no dice :(

DemonsColt likes this

hi guys,

just thought id let everyone know that i went out with the advice given and managed to snap up 5 second hand games for £20 (game stores UK):

borderlands, rage, MGS4, sleeping dogs, COD MW2.

each game was £5 and i was already at 3 that i really wanted so i thought what the hell, another 5 gets me 2 more games rather than 1.

so far so good. first time playing borderlands, and i already love it. good thing im ps plus member, got borderlands 2 installed and ready for after im done with the 1st game. tried rage and... i liked what i played of it, clearing out the ghost bandit hideout, but even on the hard mode it felt quite easy, and it gave me the sense of an open explorable world when it technically is not, i.e. you can't jump up onto certain terrain to explore or whatever, feels a bit linear and although thats ok it was just not what i expected. but i will conquer that once im done with BDL and BDL2. havent tried the others yet, and COD mw2 was only bought because i loved the pc / steam version and was nostalgic. tried it for one game and i found people instantly, so i guess im right, after modern warefare 4, mw2 was the last good cod. (imo).

anyway, thanks again. i got some games recommended here and recommended by some of my friends on PSN. should keep me occupied for a long while. i tried hard to find motorstorm apocalypse and any DMC game at x2 stores and neither of them had them, so i will consider those after im done with these.

I see that Deus Ex was not mentioned once in this thread and I find that highly disturbing. I wouldn't know about specific playstation titles but there's been some awesome multiplatform titles these last few years. The aforementioned Arkham series is awesome you should try that if you haven't and you like Batman(comics Batman that is.).

A PS3 game recommendation thread with no mention of Valkyria Chronicles? Sad

Also, moving this to the last gen console forum

I recommend the Metro games ! the first one is good and the second is brilliant with the gameplay improvements !

I recommend the Metro games ! the first one is good and the second is brilliant with the gameplay improvements !

Metro 2033 isn't on PS3. It's an Xbox 360 and PC exclusive.

The Last of Us, inFamous 1 and 2, Heavy Rain, all three Uncharted games, Metal Gear Solid 4 are good ones to start with.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. All the essentials to get you into the series, which is a great one, by the way.

You could pick up CTR (crash team racing) on PSN for $10, it's a pretty good racing game I'd say.

As for the RPG, I'd like to recommend Disgaea 4 or Disgaea D2, but they're more of an acquired taste as well as both being fairly expensive. Borderlands or Borderlands 2 is a pretty good RPG game is if you like shooters. I'd recommend looking at the PSN store at the discount section. I've gotten quite a few good games for much cheaper from there.

Well the way I always go about picking games are by the genre I feel like playing. if I where to go by genre.

Action - Assassins creed series or Batman arkham series, batman would be my choice only cause its probably closest we will ever get to being batman (before arkham knight comes out) but if more open world action is your fancy assasins creed might be good.

RTS - Valkyria Chronicles, one of the best fusion of RTS and shooter games on PS3, good story and some very difficult and rewarding scenarios. its all third person and its a very interesting plot and the combat is done in a unique way that really keeps it intense.

Puzzle - Catherine, the puzzles is very simple and difficult at the same time, you move blocks but it can get very intense very quickly, add some dark story points, realistic moral decisions and terrifying moments and thats this game in a nutshell.

Shooter - Borderlands 1 and 2 is a really good coop shooter if your looking for something other then cinematic movie shooting but a more characteristic and just fun game overall.

J-RPG - tales of xillia which has a really strong story, combat is although less strategic, a lot more action orientated and does have some interesting combo actions to keep the combat upbeat at all times. tales of symphonia chronicles is meant to be better but havent played it and if you looking for a more western rpg maybe the new ff X I X-2 remastered, i played it originally on ps2 and there probably one of the last good FF games.

Honourable mentions: tomb raider, infamous 1 and 2, vanquish, spec ops: the line, demon souls, journey, Ni no Kuni, strider, god of war 3, Kingdon hearts 1.5 remix, fallout 3 or new vegas and some PS1 classics if your into old RPGs

Mass effect series, fallout 3 and new Vegas, oblivion, skyrim, infamous, crysis 1,2 and 3 are all good

Forget skyrim you already have it

Mass effect series, fallout 3 and new Vegas, oblivion, skyrim, infamous, crysis 1,2 and 3 are all good

i have oblivion for pc but never bothered much with it, although i do know now that i am missing out. does oblivion run well on the PS3 or is it shit like skyrim? i got skyrim on PS3 however struggle to find a reason to play it on there instead of on the PC. bethesda just seem to have no clue on how to make games work on a console. if oblivion runs fine from your experience, i would consider picking it up.

but no, not if it has enormous bugs, crashes all the time, and has an fps lower than 30.

I don't think anyone has said "The Orange Box" yet. It comes with Half life 2, H-L Episodes 1 & 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. You're basically getting 5 games in one and they are all excellent. I even liked portal A LOT as it's not a 1st person shooter per say, but it was so much fun nevertheless.

Im currently playing White Knight Chronicles 2 . Its a fun game with a nice story and I really like the feature of creating my own village for online. thow I think online has been canceled but you can still create a village and recruit npcs from the game to work/ live there.

I've heard good things about Heavy Rain so I'd look at that if I were you. One of the games that made me regret getting a 360 instead of a PS3

Bioshock Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3