• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

wolfmantooth

I'm note sure how to feel about the Ninja Turtles teaser...

25 posts in this topic

It's not the worst thing ever but the Turtles look like a mix of Shrek and a baby.  Also why change the origin story, it literally adds nothing.

Ninja-Turtles-2014.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think they look alright... I also think there's one too many topics about this...

Yeah I should have search first, lessons learned

I like to think that the new "turtle" look is what would happen if an Orc fucked a Hobbit.

I give to you ... the Hoborc.

I prefer Orcit. :P

Ugh... I'm not too thrilled about the movie now. Something about Megan Fox as April O'Neil doesn't sit well with me.

Ugh... I'm not too thrilled about the movie now. Something about Megan Fox as April O'Neil doesn't sit well with me.

the casting is WEIRD, the storyline is being "rewritten" into a madness of incomprehension M.Bay-style and the turtles looks rather ugly, despite the fact they are supposed to be slightly frightening as they are mutants, it still doesnt makes any sense, T.M.N.T. 1 ~ 3 were beast movies and as far as im concerned looked alot better than this piece of junk to begin with

but hey, its Michael Bay, what else could we expect, i hope his carreer dies with this failure, the biggest and most humiliating fuck up of Hollywood history

Gone too likes this

These awful Reboots of awesome movies that refuse to understand the source material or want to be edgy and ruin it won't stop huh.... This TMNT has nothing on Secret of ooze and the first movie and it'll be as bad as Transformers it seems.

The other day I heard there'll be a new Terminator, Judgement Day ended that series more than 10 years ago goddamnit!

As a TMNT fanboy, I wanna give this movie the benefit of the doubt and review it after I see it.

Had very low expectations when i heard about this, Thats probably why i liked this trailer.

I like to think that the new "turtle" look is what would happen if an Orc fucked a Hobbit.

I give to you ... the Hoborc.

Hoborc sounds like something you'd name a C-class villain in a 70's Hulk comic.

They should've cast April O'Neil as April O'Neil.

I am seriously disappointed that Terry Owens will not be in this film.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that they look creepy without their mask?

I had incredibly low expectations as well, so I kind of liked the trailer. I honestly didn't think it was that bad, and the turtles' personalities seem authentic, so I'm not worried. But yeah, wasn't there an interview a very long time ago saying the turtles would be aliens?

The weird thing with the origin stories though is that they're always changing. Yeah it usually winds up with them getting covered in ooze and being mutated but how that happens usually changes. Like in the 1987 Turtles Master Splint jumped ship to America after being kicked out of the Foot and lived in the sewers and then found baby turtles, then BAM, ooze. Then the 2003 Turtles Master Splinter was already a rat living in the sewers, however he got there after his master's home and master were destroyed by Shredder, then a bunch of baby turtles fell into the sewer along with the mutagen, causing them to mutate. And this can go on and on but yeah origins stories for them always change how they got to be mutated and/or who created it. Essentially you can change the journey, just don't change the ending.

abilly85 likes this

This is why sometimes kids are more mature then adults!

I showed this teaser to my 4 and 6 year old who are both huge fans of the turtles.  They have seen them all the old cartoons i grew up with and the newer ones.  When ever we see a toy we have to buy it they both have turtle bedding and wallpaper (the 4 year old is my daughter btw) they are for lack of a better word obsessed.

My 6 year old son knows pretty much all there is to know about them and when they saw this did they winge that they looked different or the fact shredder isnt even japanese?  No they were excited as hell and demanded i take them to see it RIGHT NOW!!! even though ofcourse it isnt out yet (comes out on my sons bday which is awesome)

My point is they dont care if the story is different or the chars look different (imo they look insane) they are gonna love it just because it is a new TMNT movie that im sure they will watch time and time again.

Why do people lose this kind of innocence?  what is it about getting older that makes people lose wonder and excitement about a movie just because it isnt the way they perceive it should be?  Why ant people just enjoy the movie for what it is.  Its a new story rather then the story we all grew up with. Dont think of it as the turtles YOU grew up with but rather a new generation of them.

All in all i think this film is gonna be great.  And the fact Bay is a part of it IMO is a good thing he is good at what he does. 

Suprhomre likes this

I would have picked another April O'Neil. Other that that it looks good but it's a Bay movie so my epxectations are the lowest of the low.

Hm, so Sammiches (Megan Fox) has changed her role from being an eye candy, to opening her mouth all the time while being out of breath constantly, until she finally passes out. Now that's what I call range!

I think this trailer is much more appropriate as a game teaser trailer, and to be honest it'll be cool. Hell, as long as last year's dissaster don't happen again.

I think there a bit to big, other than that I like the look of the Turtles. The story about April, Shedder and the Turtles being connected some how can be great if done right then again can be a BIG FLOP if done wrong. If Splinter isn't in it, its a bust. He's to important not to be in it. But overall if they catch the feel of the turtles personality wise which in the trailer Mikey acted just like Mikey. I think I'll like it. It's different but different is not always a bad thing. We'll have to see..

This is why sometimes kids are more mature then adults!

I showed this teaser to my 4 and 6 year old who are both huge fans of the turtles.  They have seen them all the old cartoons i grew up with and the newer ones.  When ever we see a toy we have to buy it they both have turtle bedding and wallpaper (the 4 year old is my daughter btw) they are for lack of a better word obsessed.

My 6 year old son knows pretty much all there is to know about them and when they saw this did they winge that they looked different or the fact shredder isnt even japanese?  No they were excited as hell and demanded i take them to see it RIGHT NOW!!! even though ofcourse it isnt out yet (comes out on my sons bday which is awesome)

My point is they dont care if the story is different or the chars look different (imo they look insane) they are gonna love it just because it is a new TMNT movie that im sure they will watch time and time again.

Why do people lose this kind of innocence?  what is it about getting older that makes people lose wonder and excitement about a movie just because it isnt the way they perceive it should be?  Why ant people just enjoy the movie for what it is.  Its a new story rather then the story we all grew up with. Dont think of it as the turtles YOU grew up with but rather a new generation of them.

All in all i think this film is gonna be great.  And the fact Bay is a part of it IMO is a good thing he is good at what he does. 

I am a huge fan of Dragon Ball Z. Grew up watching it and seen every ep and every movie except for Battle of the Gods. When Dragon Ball Evolution came out. I tried my HARDEST to like it just cause it was DBZ movie. When you a big fan you can't help but think this isn't who the Z fighters are. This isn't the story of how they got togather.. Cause the change in the story changes the charaters you feel in love with. DBZ Evolution to me is the worst movie based of a show of all time, and the worst movie I even seen.. There's no way I can go into a movie with charaters I love and not think of them or base them off the Charaters in my favorite series.. I Hope to Death you Kids Love it and have a great time!!! I also Grew up oon the Turtles. I can do the first movie by heart lol.. I just hope they didn't change toooo much AKA DBZ Evolution..

I did not like the choice for April O'neil. She is not even a red head in this trailer.

But you can't judge the movie on a hair colour so I guess we will see what it will be like.

I did not like the choice for April O'neil. She is not even a red head in this trailer.

But you can't judge the movie on a hair colour so I guess we will see what it will be like.

If you watch a film with Megan Fox in it, you'll know that she is not a good actress at all. So there's that.

I like the designs of the turtles but that is not my worries I have to give the transformers that they looked good what I am worried about  the rest of the film Mr Bay seems to think making films for younger people means less focus on a good film and more attention on stupid humor and filler