• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptainKickass69

My new biggest fear in modern gaming :c

what do you think on this?   68 members have voted

1. 1. agree or disagree

• SP should be improved and kept
    • SP sucks and should just be scraped

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

81 posts in this topic

Really? South American nation-state of evil taking over the world was a good story you actually really enjoyed?

Titanfall will mark nothing, it already sold well. Battlefield didn't end singleplayer ten years ago, Titanfall will not do so now.

I dont care who is portrayed as the good or bad guys in a story as long as its a good story.  Hell i think we need some games where the Americans etc are the bad guys and actually lose in the end.

I think Yahtzee can properly and perhaps more eloquently demonstrate what's wrong with Ghosts' setup. It's as ludicrous as having Africa unite and starting to attack the US by the way, which is probably their next step now either that or the EU turns evil.

I dont care who is portrayed as the good or bad guys in a story as long as its a good story.  Hell i think we need some games where the Americans etc are the bad guys and actually lose in the end.

Yeah. As a non-American (so yeah, I'm biased) I'm sick of this "benevolent America fighting the forces of the evil Arab terrorists" stereotype in video games. I get it, you guys spend an arseload of money on your military, America is the best and all that crap; just shut the fuck up about it. I live in Australia and I don't blindly call my country the best in the world, I'm actually objective.

/rant

The single player is one of the most important parts of the game. As Joe has said, the single player should lead up to the multiplayer. The Single Player should (while containing itself to a complete story), almost serve as a prelude to the online portion.

The single player gives the game background. It introduces the lore of the game and gives the player the oppurtunity to care about the universe they fighting in.

I rather enjoyed (and in parts disliked) what Grand Theft Auto V did by releasing the game before the multiplayer portion was availabe, so it almost forced people to take part in single player story. (I somewhat dislike this because they are essentially keeping a portion of the game from the player which in some cases, like Metro Last Light, can be an extremely bad idea.).

So in short, Single Player is a very important part of games and will most likely continue to be a main feature in the majority of games.

DemonsColt and Cap0bvious like this

The single player is one of the most important parts of the game. As Joe has said, the single player should lead up to the multiplayer. The Single Player should (while containing itself to a complete story), almost serve as a prelude to the online portion.

The single player gives the game background. It introduces the lore of the game and gives the player the oppurtunity to care about the universe they fighting in.

I rather enjoyed (and in parts disliked) what Grand Theft Auto V did by releasing the game before the multiplayer portion was availabe, so it almost forced people to take part in single player story. (I somewhat dislike this because they are essentially keeping a portion of the game from the player which in some cases, like Metro Last Light, can be an extremely bad idea.).

So in short, Single Player is a very important part of games and will most likely continue to be a main feature in the majority of games.

I agree with Joe with this point. Which is why it disheartens me when Mass Effect 3 (without the Extended Cut DLC) pretty much required you to play multiplayer to get "the perfect ending", otherwise your effective military strength wouldn't be high enough. Why the hell does multiplayer need to have a bearing on the single player experience? The multiplayer experience should be good enough to be self-sufficient.

Now this all started with Titanfall and i have been saying this stuff far before Joe's review, and allot of people tried defending this on terms of Titanfall but we all know how that turned out in the end. What i am taking about is scraping single player and going multiplier only in FPS's, like i said before Joes' review Single player in my opinion should be improved upon and not gotten rid of, to me it makes Devs look half assed and lazy mostly Respawn with how Titanfall turned out and makes a game feel like it is not at all worth $60 when it is removed.

I don't know how many of you agree with me or disagree but i hope Campaigns in games are not going to be a thing of the past :'(

and yes i used Titanfall as a example allot because it is one of the biggest games to do this and a very good example.

i stopped reading at titanfall. you have no idea and i'm not going to waste my time trying to explain why you are so wrong on even making this thread.

I almost always play single-player. I play a few games which are strictly made for multiplayer like L4D and Counterstrike. I love games that provide an enriching experience that will never stop being fun, despite people no longer playing it, which is the problem with mainly multiplayer games.

Now this all started with Titanfall and i have been saying this stuff far before Joe's review, and allot of people tried defending this on terms of Titanfall but we all know how that turned out in the end. What i am taking about is scraping single player and going multiplier only in FPS's, like i said before Joes' review Single player in my opinion should be improved upon and not gotten rid of, to me it makes Devs look half assed and lazy mostly Respawn with how Titanfall turned out and makes a game feel like it is not at all worth $60 when it is removed.

I don't know how many of you agree with me or disagree but i hope Campaigns in games are not going to be a thing of the past :'(

and yes i used Titanfall as a example allot because it is one of the biggest games to do this and a very good example.

Well while I do enjoy a good story/campaign there are games that just don't need it Titanfall devs never wanted to make a campaign in the first place but if they do a campaign maybe they should do what Kojima do what he did for MGRR have one team do the gameplay and another focus on the story because thats when you get the best work from devs when there focusing one only one aspect of their game and not multiple at once.

Well while I do enjoy a good story/campaign there are games that just don't need it Titanfall devs never wanted to make a campaign in the first place but if they do a campaign maybe they should do what Kojima do what he did for MGRR have one team do the gameplay and another focus on the story because thats when you get the best work from devs when there focusing one only one aspect of their game and not multiple at once.

A well written story would have benefited Titanfall. The universe there is well thought out and a story that adds into the lore of Titanfall would make the game more immersive and atmospheric.

Instead they were disturbingly lazy on the campaign, which is forced on you if you want to get those two titans for custom loadouts.

Why do you think Halo and Killzone 2 were such popular games?

CaptainKickass69 likes this

A well written story would have benefited Titanfall. The universe there is well thought out and a story that adds into the lore of Titanfall would make the game more immersive and atmospheric.

Instead they were disturbingly lazy on the campaign, which is forced on you if you want to get those two titans for custom loadouts.

Why do you think Halo and Killzone 2 were such popular games?

Now that you mention Halo I wanted to ask something: Am I the only one who despised Halo Anniversary?

Now that you mention Halo I wanted to ask something: Am I the only one who despised Halo Anniversary?

I never played Halo (except a little bit of Halo 1 and 3, but 1 was a demo and 3 was at my cousin's house), I just state it here because most people who played Halo loved both the SP and the MP.

I never played Halo (except a little bit of Halo 1 and 3, but 1 was a demo and 3 was at my cousin's house), I just state it here because most people who played Halo loved both the SP and the MP.

I found the anniversary edition to be boring, the story was uninteresting, the graphics were meh, and I felt completely disconnected from the action. I blame 343 Industries because I just can't believe that the original could suck this hard.

Well theres many things to consider..... but first i'd have to say that Singleplayer will NEVER leave.

We need a game that tells a story that could win a Oscar or something! BUT everything you see in a video game is man-made down to every little pixel. A video game takes years of hard work with a crew of highly talented people.

A Hollywood movie usually runs about 2 hours and is easier to produce. I think over time the gap will be bridged allowing video games to progress (not only) in graphics but mainly the storyline.

There are many games that already did what The Last Of Us has achieved. 

I found the anniversary edition to be boring, the story was uninteresting, the graphics were meh, and I felt completely disconnected from the action. I blame 343 Industries because I just can't believe that the original could suck this hard.

What about Bungie's stuff?

What about it? I've never played a Halo game by them.

That's disappointing.

That's disappointing.

I was very late to the Xbox 360, and I barely get to play on it anyway.

too many micro transactions, as it stands theirs already alot of shit dlc that is out there, and people keep buying it, so company's keep shovelling out more and more shit dlc, i miss the old days of expansions being this huge extra content

I saw this before, Section 8 had a 2 hour campaign to play, suck'd rlly. its simillar to titanfall. Singleplayer is essencial for me, without the campaign its like playing a game with no devolpment, i like my games with storys, i threat games like books. Without a good devolped story, i wont get into it. A decade ago SP was included in almost all games, it was a must.

Yes the SP feature is essencial!

My two cents is the same as other I have read here, if they get rid of a single player story I have other hobbies that will take my time and effort up. I refuse to play multiplayer only games

"Games started with single player, and better damn end with single player." - SirSeaBiscuit

It really depends on the game, whether single player should be involved.  Single player doesn't belong in an MMO (Duh), but when it comes to more modern games such as CoD, BF, etc., I believe that the developers are taking the single player portion FAR too lightly.  Remember back when CoD 3 had a full, and enjoyable single player experience? And let's not forget all of the Medal of Honor games that featured their single player stories.  While not all of those examples were exceptionally remarkable, that should be the standard for games to date.  It's okay for multiplayer not to be a gimmick of the game, just don't cheat me of my single player.  As for RPG's, it's either one or the other.  I can't see skyrim working too well with online integration (engine limitations, most likely).  And RPG with no single player is an MMO in my opinion.

"Games started with single player, and better damn end with single player." - SirSeaBiscuit

Gold. I'll be putting that on your gravestone.

Obviously this comment is in no way threatening towards your life.

I was very late to the Xbox 360, and I barely get to play on it anyway.

if you got a 360 then halo 3 will be like $6, its worth a buy. halo Reach is kind of iffy and halo 4 just sucks, but combat evolved (first one) halo 2, and halo 3 are worth a buy.

Well, at the very least Titanfall runs better than Battlefield 4 the majority of the time.  The biggest thing is Respawn just survived their ordeal with Activision.  I am happy to see any type of game from them.  However, I imagine they want to expand upon Titanfall with singleplayer or perhaps a cooperative campaign.  That would be awesome.

I personally don't see games getting rid of singleplayer, considering the success of games like Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, etc.  I really wouldn't be worried.