• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

JoelMattGarcia

So I saw this Early Access game on Steam...

14 posts in this topic

Probably in line with the kickstarter prices, like planetary annhilation. Expect the price to drop (not saying I like this.).

Legolas_Katarn likes this

It says in the description It's for the "Elite Founders Package", which includes:

"

• A lifetime subscription to all GalCiv III DLC and expansion packs
  • Create your legacy* – Suggest a star name and get special thanks credit
  • Founders' Vault* – Access exclusive art, music and more from the development team
  • Forum badge* – Display with your account on the official Stardock forums".

I still don't think that's worth 100 bucks.

Probably in line with the kickstarter prices, like planetary annhilation. Expect the price to drop (not saying I like this.).

Absolutely correct, if they released the game for anything less than the kickstarter price for the alpha then there would be absolute hell on by the people who backed it to actually get the alpha. 

Ehhhhh....

At least they're up front about it being really incomplete, not fun yet, and... it's alpha. And they are going to drop the price later to $50. And they did say they're only having elite founders whatever packs for those who are majorly serious about help shaping the game as it goes. And it comes with pretty much any and all future DLC, and all kinds of goodies.

It's a pre-order on steroids. And higher risk!

As for the price, depending on what their plans on DLC is, and how they're going to handle the art/music/more (like an art book, or a CD, etc), the $100 extreme ultra crazy pre-order could be a deal. Or a rip. I'm not buying it.

Not to mention it's $100 so they can weed out "casuals" from the people who are serious about helping them make and tune the game (pay-to-beta). I'm pretty sure they say that too. Yeah:

The Founder's Elite edition of this Early Access will only last for a short time and is geared towards those who truly want to help us make a great game.   

However, I don't care. Not supporting it, but I'm not against it.

If you want to riskily hunker down benjamins to get involved with a game you care about, shit, go for it. I'd do the same.

ofFireandStone likes this

That is totally worth £75 and I would gladly let someone else buy it for me.

$100!!!!! better come with a complementary blow job

Absolutely correct, if they released the game for anything less than the kickstarter price for the alpha then there would be absolute hell on by the people who backed it to actually get the alpha. 

And rightfully so, you can't charge something for the thing from a select group of people and then charge a third from other people a second later. I didn't back it and don't intend to buy into the alpha but some people are fans and will do so, if they want to support a developer they trust and love there's really nothing wrong with that.

Galactic Civ was a pretty cool 4x if I well remember btw.

That is totally worth £75 and I would gladly let someone else buy it for me.

tumblr_lkas35WyQd1qefs8m.gif

What a shocking revelation xD

Gone likes this

$100!!!!! better come with a complementary blow job

I'm sorry but the blow job dlc is another $250 

Damn. Hope it comes with a box of vaseline.

I'm sorry but the blow job dlc is another $250 

THEN IT'S AN ABSOLUTE MUST BUY! ALL OGs OF THIS GAME GET ALL DLC FOR FREE!

$100 for a $250 DLBJ!?

THAT'S A STEAL!

THEN IT'S AN ABSOLUTE MUST BUY! ALL OGs OF THIS GAME GET ALL DLC FOR FREE!

$100 for a $250 DLBJ!?

THAT'S A STEAL!

It may be cheaper to learn yoga and suck my own dick.

Not as much fun .... but cheaper.

Sol Omega likes this