• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Resardiv

Favorit RPG of alltime

182 posts in this topic

What is your favorit RPG of all time?

My favorit RPG is Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls and The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II Daggerfall. 

Nikish likes this

It's a tie of Skyrim and Fable 2 for me... both are good for different reasons, but I think Fable edges it just for the nostalgia.

FatboyX80 likes this

Elder Scrolls hands down for me

i love open-world games more than anything else Japanese RPGs can throw at me, even FFX & X-2 which i loved sooo much, doesnt beats Elder Scrolls open-world

Elder Scrolls is also Hack & Slash, my favorite combat/gameplay system as i can hardly stand any form of turn-based whatsoever :D

right now its kinda hard to say Skyrim or Oblivion, both are kind of excellent really, i liked Oblivion more but i simply love Skyrim's dragon theme since i love dragons ALOT

it really is a tie between Skyrim & Oblivion tbh

FatboyX80 likes this

Morrowind without a doubt.

Alpha protocol. The dialogue tree splits into so many paths that even after finishing it 5-6 times i still got to see different things. 

Ah such a hard question but no doubt for me Bethesda Game Studios makes the best RPG's around. But I cant decided between Fallout or Elder Scrolls... I think ill go with Skyrim.

FatboyX80 and God_Yahiko like this

Fallout 2 i never forget that game

Baldurs Gate 2.

Fallout 2, Planescape, Icewind Dale 2, Witcher, and Suikoden 2 also good choices.

Durin Duranbah likes this

Has to be borderlands 2, something about that game I just really love. :)

If i had to choose, i would say SMT: Persona 4. With Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest VIII following close.

Phoxly likes this

Oh god. I'd have to say Skyrim as cliche as it sounds. The experiences in the game are something to behold, that's for sure.

Dragon Age: Origins and KOTOR get 2nd and 3rd place.

God_Yahiko likes this

Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim

For me the fun is that I can decide what to do and the game won't make do what it wants. If I want to slaughter a village full of innocent people for fun, and then reload my save, or do a Psychopath playthrough I can. It bothered me that I couldn't go mental on anyone insulting Geralt in Witcher.

Gothic and Gothic 2. Best damn rpg games I've ever player. A lot smaller developer with absolutely suicidal distributor who eventually managed to kill the series, but the first two games were masterpieces.

Donno if you can put Red Dead Redemption down as an rpg? But the story, the character that game also struck a chord.

fallout 3 i just love post apocalyptic games and fallout 3 was truly a great one i hope they are making fallout 4 :)

Gotta go with Fallout New Vegas. I just seem to keep on coming back to it, there's so much to do in the game i find myself finding new locations and weapons all the time, plus the DLCs are great...

Heh, the amount of times I've seen this topic... icon_e_smile.gif

My personal favourite RPG of all time would have to be Planescape: Torment. The writing is some of the best I've ever seen, and the planescape setting (or the game's portrayal of it) is extremely enthralling.

Combine that with an extremely interesting and original array of characters (including your own), beautiful in-game backgrounds (environments), an absolutely excellent soundtrack, A huge variety present in dialogue choices, including dialogue that is essentially the same except for your character's intentions (Lie, Truth, Bluff etc.), a very cliche-subverting, original story, and it's honestly one of the greatest games I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

There are plenty of other RPGs I've played throughout the years that have also been of extremely high quality (FF6, Gothic series, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Fallout series, Baldur's Gate, Elder Scrolls etc.), but PS:T holds a very special place in my heart.

TL:DR: Planescape: Torment, because it's awesome.

Mighty Falcon likes this

The kid in me is shouting "Secret of Mana" on SNES, the shiny new toy loving, reasonable adult in me is saying "Shut up, Kid, TES rules!"  :D

Knights of the old republic

Final Fantasy X

The Witcher series

judapova likes this

Kingdom Hearts 2 without a doubt (at least until kh 3 comes out :P)

That's a tough one. 

Chrono Trigger was really good, but then so was the fallout franchise and then there's the Elder Scrolls. I have soft spot for Fire Emblem. For now, I'd say Skyrim heavily modded. Though I'm still waiting for the one Lord of the Rings RPG that redefines the open world genre. One day I'll play it.

The Mass Effect Series for sure, but my favorite traditional RPG has to be Tales of Symphonia. 

Suikoden 2 on the Playstation hands down.

The Mass Effect Series for sure, but my favorite traditional RPG has to be Tales of Symphonia. 

Glad to see another Symphonia fan!