• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Resardiv

Favorit RPG of alltime

182 posts in this topic

Oddly, my favorites all happen to be pen & paper. There's just something about being right there with the other players, looking them in the eye as you tell them the dragon eats them. Ducking behind the shield as they throw dice at you, avoiding being throttled by players who get angry at your calls (I usually GM). Giving up in despair as the most munchkin player kills your campaign and forces you to improvise on the fly. good times.

If I have to choose a video game rpg, It'd be a toss up between bioware and bethesda products.

Orpo likes this

Oddly, my favorites all happen to be pen & paper. There's just something about being right there with the other players, looking them in the eye as you tell them the dragon eats them. Ducking behind the shield as they throw dice at you, avoiding being throttled by players who get angry at your calls (I usually GM). Giving up in despair as the most munchkin player kills your campaign and forces you to improvise on the fly. good times.

If I have to choose a video game rpg, It'd be a toss up between bioware and bethesda products.

You can't imagine how much i envy you guys who actually had someone to play with PnP Rpgs, always wanted but i barely had the chance.

jesternario likes this

Getting started is easy enough, get some dice and the rule book, then convince your friends to play a game. If they are unwilling, I hear bribery works well if you use the right items (food/soda/beer that last one's not good for gaming). Don't use rope. They usually hate that. (joking aside, just get the books and dice and ask your friends to try it. Most people are willing to try something at least once).

My favorite RPG(s) are Star Wars KOTOR 1+2 and Fable 1. Those are my favorite ones. Every Fable afterwards were getting worse. Fable 2 was pretty good, but Fable 3 was just...meh. It just wasn't Fable. The enemy changed randomly. I remember Jack of Blades in Fable 1. To me he was the best video game villian ever. Fable 1 had great plot twists and a great story. The final battle was much better and it didn't fear making your hero get whipped a bit. Plus you were able to see your hero age and you had bigger decisions than the other two games.

KOTOR 1 was better than the second, but I still love both of them. KOTOR 1 had an amazing story with a great plot twist and memorable characters. You could do so many things in the game and the choices were pretty hard at times. There were different levels of Good and evil. It wasn't just Good choice or bad choice. There was super saint, great guy, good, neutral learning to the good side, neutral, neutral leaning bad, and so on. The combat was simple but hard. You had to carefully pick which attacks you would do with every character depending on who you were fighting against.

Mass Effect Trilogy and Skyrim. I do like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but they can frustrating at times.

Dragon age series, mass effect series,final fantasy series and kingdom hearts series. Love them all

What is your favorit RPG of all time?

My favorit RPG is Fallout New Vegas, Dark Souls and The Elder Scrolls: Chapter II Daggerfall. 

Too many RPG's and too many styles for it to really be fair to pick, but I'm in a sporting mood so I'll play.

1 FFVII because it introduced me to the genre.

2 KOTOR because it was awesome.

3The Witcher 2 because it was also awesome.

Final Fantasy 6 and 7 along with the Mass Effect trilogy are my favorites. The hours I put into those games is probably insane.

The Witcher series, It does best in what it is. RPG! (mini open-world, lesser charracter customization type of RPG) It is the best!

It stays at right place between completion and creativity boundary. Its contents are just felt so perfect as far as a RPG can go.

combat is mediocre though but it does the job. depending on players.

Fallout 3, the first RPG where i whanted to do everthing in the game.

Based on how much I enjoyed them at the time they came out (or I first played them) I would say Knights of the Old Republic, Chronotrigger, Mass Effect, and Skies of Arcadia were my all time favorites.

Call me nostalgic or old school, but Super Mario RPG Legend of The Seven Stars has to be my favourite or at least one of them. It's what introduced me to the genre and there is little else other than the original diablo games that  have kept me coming back to visit the classics once in a while. 

Of course there were some issues such as team balance, once you get Bowser and Peach you can pretty much OP your way to the end of the game without having to use Geno or Mallow (since Peach and Bowser fill the roles of healer and tank pretty well). 

Apart from that the game has a very fun story and has an amazing ending that will take you some time and replays to get all the extra goodies. Nothing short for the grand father of the Paper Mario franchise. 

ScyAnide likes this

Dragon age franchise...........only game which i did not regret missing classes for.

I really love Fallout 2, good story, game play and characters.

I'd say mine is probably be a draw between The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Those are the two games I remember spending the most time on, and having the most fun with.

Well, Kingdom Hearts is a childhood favorite, and I will always consider that my top JRPG, but Bethesda is too damn good at making video games. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim pulls it out for my favorite RPG of all time.

Planescape Torment would have to be number one with Baldurs Gate 2 as a very close second, though Baldurs Gate 2 is the one I've played through the most times :)

Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas and if it counts, the Mass Effect series.

Of all time? Damn it's a tough one. I think that Deus Ex if it counts, Fallout 2 and The Witcher 2 are my personal favorites RPG.  

Deus Ex, or Fallout NV.

Fallout 3 if I was able to play it again.