• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

pisc99

Based on what do you decide to buy DLC

28 posts in this topic

Good day people.

I'm type of player then when I finish a game, I say bravo, nicely done, or thanks for nothing you piece of shit.

But to be honest I very rarely buy DLC (or never). I'm more talking here about console games, but the question could go out to all.

Somehow I always have a feeling that playing DLC is just like having one or two more quest, and they are to short, to drag me again into game so much.

So I would just like to hear peoples opinion (now that we are part of gaming community). Maybe you convince me to start buying them.

1.Based o what do you decide to buy DLC.

2.Do usually get a positive reaction after DLC, and think the money invested made it worth.

3.What are your best and worst experiences with DLC.

Enjoy. Greetings from sunny Mexico City

I will only buy DLC if it is a game that I play everyday and will continue to play. if not, I don't but them

When I was younger I thought DLC was pointless. I already bought your game, why do you continue to squeeze money out of me? I'm not sure why they even make DLC but I just thought it would be neat to just add it as a free update. Unless it's an expansion for an MMO or something like that.

Based on how much I liked the game, what the DLC adds, and how much it costs. Pretty much always positive as I check what it is before I buy it. I don't really have bad DLC experiences since I always know what I'm getting into.

I usually only buy DLC if it is for a game I absolutely loved. For example, games like Enslaved, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Borderlands 2. In the case of Borderlands 2, I have to say the season pass was well worth it for Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep alone.

I don't buy DLC. Although, that is how I get phased out of playing games. Take Halo 3 for example, I never bought those extra map packs, and as a result could hardly play multiplayer which pretty much required them to have a good time.

To me it depends on when they announce the DLC. Some games, half way through the development, they announce day 1 Season Pass and DLC. Stuff like that just pisses me off. Then I usually wait for the GOTY Edition to buy all the DLC combined. Other games, they work on DLC way after the game has been released and usually adds to the story such as Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite. Sure both of them had Season Pass on day 1 but the content was (and is still) being developed far after the game has been completed.

Also, the price. I've snatched up some DLC that went on sale for dirt cheap. But mostly it depends on what the DLC is. I'm not a fan of multiplayer DLC. Just my preference. Hated the fact that I could not play Gears of War 3 online properly if I did not buy the map packs. 

1. On game i play or enjoy and want to content i don't give shit if its even skin updates if i love game ...

2. Yeah loved Mount and blade expansion. Will be getting Eu4 DLC American Paradise. Liked Blood and gore dlc for Total war shogun 2. And couple other mostly i buy expansion :) like rising storm for Red Orchestra.

3. Not really had any because i know what dlc i buying.

Great. Thanks.

Few more questions. Don't worry I don't work for marketing company.

But I played games a lot of time, and for PC i never bough DLC. For console, some like if you get MMO expansions/subsrepction, or new card deck in Magic, or something like that.

But do you more buy DLC that are purely cosmetic (they clost less) or you more prefer DLC where you get new quests, new storyline, etc.

Maybe I'm not enough of hardcore gamer, but I never saw a reason for spending money so my character has this outfit not that. Unless you are maybe in some guild or something like this.

Great. Thanks.

Few more questions. Don't worry I don't work for marketing company.

But I played games a lot of time, and for PC i never bough DLC. For console, some like if you get MMO expansions/subsrepction, or new card deck in Magic, or something like that.

But do you more buy DLC that are purely cosmetic (they clost less) or you more prefer DLC where you get new quests, new storyline, etc.

Maybe I'm not enough of hardcore gamer, but I never saw a reason for spending money so my character has this outfit not that. Unless you are maybe in some guild or something like this.

If you're talking about MMO "stores" then I think dlc or purchased content should be cosmetic only, because pay to win is never a good model. As for console dlc, dlc should never be included for it to be core game content. That should be included in the original game. Expansions are fine,  though. 

I fully agree with this.

But for me for most games, I would choose replay optino then buying a new DLC. As I said, maybe it's just me, hehehehehe.

1.Based o what do you decide to buy DLC.

2.Do usually get a positive reaction after DLC, and think the money invested made it worth.

3.What are your best and worst experiences with DLC.

1. Price and the aim of the DLC. If its just an extra mission or two I'll pass. If its items you have to buy I'll never get that, cause they are always unneeded. So generally I would get story content DLC, or DLC that focuses on improving the game experience for a role player... should such DLC ever be released. Hearthfire for Skyrim as an example is something I would label with that. I also got the story DLC but I've spent more time with the features and additions from Hearthfire than I have either of the larger, more content heavy pieces of DLC.

2. Usually? I think its usually a pretty indifferent reaction to be honest. I get more content that I can play through and enjoy but I am never left feeling as though it thoroughly enriched the game for me, just gave me something to spend a few more hours on.

3. Skyrim for best (even though I didn't remotely enjoy the vamp centric Dawnguard one), for worst... hm, probably Dragon Age Origins. They had some cool ideas but most of them were so short or, I dunno, devoid of impact.

I personally don't buy DLC often.

But when I do I usually look at how it enhanches the game/ what it adds to the game. I only buy DLC for open wold games and fighting games and the only negative experience with DLC was with Injustice, when Scorpion crashed my game.

i base it on; what game im playing, what's the content, and price.

i used to get positive reaction back when dlc was expansion packs, but now it feels like i pay 20 bucks for 5 dollars worth of content. You know the type of stuff you used to get for free with updates.

i honestly can't think of any "dlc" that i liked. The worst is that one stupid cod dlc i bought for 15$ for 5 freaking maps.

I've pretty much decided to stop buying games if the previous iteration of it had an excess amount of DLC and the next iteration doesn't seem like It's changing that.
I really really dislike DLC, i feel that when i play full price for a game i should be entitled to all content the game has to offer, and not have to pay another 5 times to get little extras.

Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with 1 or 2 expansions or large pieces of DLC, but lets take games like Borderlands 1 and 2, or dungeon defenders.
Sure the content they release might be good sometimes, but I'm tired of being nickled and dimed.

1. Has to be a game I'm in love with and will play more than a week. The DLC always has to be worth my money (in my opinion of course)

2. I don't like the idea of DLC. It makes me feel a little cheated for buying the initial product especially if they announce some kind of DLC right after the game comes out. I think it's really shifty. I only like DLC's if it's pretty much a huge expansion to the game. NOT some new character or new skins (expect for League)

3. Best: Skyrim, I would say. I loved most the DLCs released for it. It gave new areas/missions/abilities/etc. all things a DLC should have. Worse: Borderlands. I love both of the games but the DLCs I bought for them, never really made me feel like I should keep playing.

Mostly based on my gut feeling. As long as it isn't horse armor.... oh wait, i bought that too.

Mostly based on my gut feeling. As long as it isn't horse armor.... oh wait, i bought that too.

Heehehhe, this really made me laugh.

But based on all of the feedback, I'm more and more convinced that I would rather skip few DLC (maybe be deprived of some experience) and buy a new game.

I will buy dlc if i feel like it. It does not really have to be good value for money, but if i want the content, and feel that it is not horribly unreasonable, i may pick it up

I don't buy DLCs. If a game has tons of them than I wait for complete edition with all DLCs included. If complete edition is not published than I just wait till I can buy that game for 10$.

if its more fun or more interest then the original game

borderlands 2

fuck costumes, skins and music

1. Do I like the game?

2. Is the price reasonable?

3. What's the content?

- That's usually how it goes down. I don't buy DLC's that often.

I don't usually buy DLC. I may buy one if it expands on the story (but not to continue it -- FF XIII-2 I'm looking at you and the "to be continued " bullshit -- give me a proper full game sequel and you'll hane my money) , answers some trivial, which won't affect the plot of the original, but interesting questions or just expands on the lore. But of course the original game should interest me to buy DLC.

Cosmetics and guns are no deal for me.

And of course I always check forums to get opinions for the DLC before I buy it. So I never buy DLC day-one (I do the same for games too) and I recommend to everyone to do the same.