• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tsukyomi

Just bought a Wii-U! Awesome games?

16 posts in this topic

I was going through Xbox One and PS4 game shops and noticed that neither consoles had relaxing casual fun adventure games so I decided to get a Wii-U to get that old feel from older games like Super Smash and Zeldaaaaa. Last Nintendo console I owned was a Gamecube so I've been out of the loop for a while. I ordered it with:

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Mario Party 9

Mario Kart Wii

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

What other games are awesome for the Wii U, do you guys have any recommendations for me? My console and games should arrive April 4th :D

Kind Regards,

Tsukyomi

There are none! Jk jk.

Monster hunter 3 ultimate is pretty neat, and there are some hd re releases of zelda on it. Aside from that I don't know about much. There will be a new super smash bros game though, so keep an eye out for that. Monster hunter 4 won't be coming to the Wii-U.

Most of the better and more fun Nintendo game are coming out this year. Mario Kart 8 is coming in May and the next Super Smash brawl has no extact release date yet.

I'd recomend Pikmin 3 as a Wii U title if you want something more casual. It's story is not the greatest thing, as I enjoyed the story of the second better. However the gameplay and bosses are fun (occasionaly frustrating) and everyone plays it different. I wouldn't pay $60 at it, but it's fun play in my opinion.

And yes, most of the big hits are coming in 2014, mostly Mario Kart 8 and the next Super Smash Bros. game would be the ones to look for.

The obvious Choices are:

Super Mario Brothers Wii U

Super Mario Land 3D

Pikmin 3

Monsterhunter 3 Ultimate

Wonderfull 101

I kind of love Tank! Tank! Tank!, but it's a super silly game. On the other hand it's really cheap. Well and if you haven't got Arkham City or Injustice on another system, those are two really awesome games on the Wii U.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll just finish the ones I'm getting until the new releases come out and check out what you guys suggested.

I heard the Wonderful 101, Pikman 3, and the new Mario 3d World or whatever it's called are good games. Also get the new Smash Bros when it comes out

Be sure to pick up Watch dogs when it drops for the Wii U. I believe that the gamepad is gonna rock that game!

Also preorder X it looks great!

Warning, with this post you are going to get a lot of hate towards the Wii U, if you haven't noticed already. But, I honestly love it. Sure, Nintendo didn't do as good a job as they could, and the Wii U doesn't exactly have the biggest library ever, but I honestly think it is an excellent system.

Games I would recommend: Pikmin 3, Zombie U (It's a decent game, but go in with low expectations), Super Mario 3D World is supposed to be REALLY fun, Rayman Legends, and Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut.

Have fun!

Area85 likes this

Wii U can play also Wii Games.

i suggest the best game (trilogy) of the last  game decade played with nunchuk.

10/10 BAD ASS - best gaming experience  after ocarina of time :)

the metroid prime  trilogy is realy my TOP TOP TOP favorite of all times; nothing can beat it - nothing.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

the metroid prime  trilogy is realy my TOP TOP TOP favorite of all times; nothing can beat it - nothing.

And yet this rarely appears on the top shooters list..... Why?

Well since you haven't played Nintendo since the Gamecube, and Wii U can play Wii titles, you need to round out the Zelda collection. I see you already got Skyward Sword which is a Wii title. You also need to pick up Twilight Princess(Wii) and Windwaker HD(Wii U). Remember, Nintendo + Zelda = Gold. The Legend of Zelda has always been like that one friend that I can always go to, because she will never let me down.

Recoveryanonymous likes this

I might go pick this up now.

I did not play any Metroid games after one of my most beloved games of all time (Super Metroid) because I miss the 2D aspect of it but always looked at the prime triology. It just is very hard to get now or extremely expensive. I'll just opt for Corruption I guess

Now that it's been announced, Starfox is a must when it comes out. For now get some Wii games as the library is really good (Zelda:Twilight Princess is seriously amazing imo) and Virtual Console titles are your best bet.

Chibi robo is being redone for the Nintendo store, but that when it's out its awesome

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0