• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

FoxNorg

Why Commander Joe went to Disneyland this weekend.

46 posts in this topic

Well, if you paid attention to our commander's twitter you noticed he said something of a game jam falling apart and going to Disneyland (lucky). Though the game jam was actually going to have youtubers partner up with indie gamers and make games. What happened was... well, read the article:

http://indiestatik.com/2014/03/31/most-expensive-game-jam/

sad something that was sounded fricken awesome was so horribly ruined in such an ugly fashion.

Edit: Apparently the author possibly got fired for this article according to his twitter.

Edit 2: Just after I did 1 edit, he posts that his boss tells him he isn't fired in another tweet... dang it.

Dyzzles, mister R, Kaz32 and 2 others like this

This was awful. I had nothing to do with it and didn't even know about Game Jam until recently, but I would like to apologize to everyone who was there. 

Atleast they made up that otherwise disastrous day... (going to Disneyland, etc.)

This (the Game Jam) actually seems like an idea with a lot of potential. It's a damn shame Corporate Commander had to ruin it.

mister R likes this

Saw Joe's message earlier saying, "So uhm this whole LA Game Jam fell apart due to a hollywood douchebag. So fuck it, me & @JonTronShow are going to Disneyland!"

Terrible, best summed up by

Totalbiscuit: "If ever you needed proof that we shouldn't be chasing what TV does, this is it right here. I was asked to judge that event, I'm glad I turned it down. I doubt I'd have had the patience to tolerate that guy, what a waste."

Austin Yorski: "Reality shows are vile regardless of the circumstances. The casual sexism just puts it over the top."

Aevee Bee: "Maybe the funniest thing is that jerk got a great story—just about solidarity in the face of gross manipulation instead petty infighting." "Mountain Dew is the fucking devil."

Edit: Apparently the author possibly got fired for this article according to his twitter.

Looks like they might have pissed off too many people/employees with that decision. He just said

"You are not fired apparently" - my boss. Yay! Seriously though I'm going to quadruple vomit blood and maybe other stuff.

Twisted Chi likes this

I read that earlier today, it's a hell of a read. I'd love to get Angry Joe's take on events if he can. I wouldn't blame anyone who just wanted to put distance between themselves and it.

Silverfox likes this

Somebody(s) got fired for sure, that was a project that equaled to a massive amount of money wasted. Glad to hear Joe and the other Youtubers were virtually unaffected after Disneyland became the fallback spot.

Kaz32 likes this

Well the dev teams didn't bow down to it and failed to provide cheap stupid drama. This is a victory kind of. The quotes from that guy are atrocious it's like he's living in the 20's and I glad someone who hired him lost 400 thousand dollars of investment for not doing their research and allowing the project to turn into a stupid reality show.

The whole episode reminds me of this, Pinky and the Brain realized reality tv was low IQ entertainment eons ago.  I'm still amazed and shocked that this kind of stupidity actually succeeded with the public(and not just in the US btw.) I think it boils down to the ultimate form of public gossip but it's just so stupid.
Maleficent5 and Kaz32 like this

I can see this getting on Joe's annual gaming controversies.

But seriously, what a dick.

Kudos, +1s, xoxo's to all the people that had to bare with that atrocity. I wouldn't have had that amount patience. Goes to show what Pepsi thinks of gaming if they're going to use an amateurish part time middle man dick like "Matti." Or at least that's how I'm taking it. What a tool, trying to find drama. Well, he got what he was looking for. Pepsi needs to step up their game.

Kaz32 likes this

So the whole article is basically summarized to this:

Equipment malfunctions, computer viruses and piece of shit sexist asshole "Matti" decides to be a retard and ruins what could have been a great gaming show.

I hope that moron gets a huge blacklist on his head so he'll get rejected from every company he applies to after he got fired. People like that deserves to be ignored and erased from existence, or beaten till his face is all broken and bruised.

EDIT: My apologies didn't see that the link already existed.

I have no idea what all this is about.

Even after reading that article I have no idea what all this is about.

Ozukar likes this

I have no idea what all this is about.

Even after reading that article I have no idea what all this is about.

Yea i didn't get it either at the time.

Yea i didn't get it either at the time.

I've got no clue in hell what this whole game jam thing was supposed to be.

Granted I don't pay much attention to things though.

All I know is something happened and went to shit. What happened and what went to shit involves me reading so I gave up.

Wow, I couldn't imagine myself not laughing at and tearing up a contract that looks like this

• Exclusivity: participants were not allowed to appear on similar shows or syndicated YouTube networks for the full duration of the main broadcast timeframe for GAME_JAM.
  • Waiver of privacy: participants had to agree to waive all rights to privacy in any area that is not the bedroom or bathroom. This includes the ability to use hidden microphones and cameras in any area of the production, including “co-ed living quarters”.
  • Right to misrepresentation: GAME_JAM held the right to, in all and any way, misrepresent the developers, their actions and intent for dramatic effect. This wasn’t limited to exaggeration or fabricating stories.
  • Obligation to travel: participants are obliged to travel to the event, and to any other promotional activity or show GAME_JAM required of them. Flight expenses would be paid for only if the participant was more than 200 miles away.
  • Marketing: participants would be required to participate in branded activities, including but not limited to ‘drinking Mountain Dew’. On top of that, participants would be required to advertise the show as requested by GAME_JAM, and would not be allowed to speak ill of the jam, its sponsors or its organisers.

That is the same link posted by the TC.

Yea, i edited my post, didn't notice that the link was already there. My bad lads, sry.

I hope that moron gets a huge blacklist on his head so he'll get rejected from every company he applies to after he got fired. People like that deserves to be ignored and erased from existence, or beaten till his face is all broken and bruised.

He won't and even if he will there are soooooo many of his kind that will step in that it doesn't matter. I love that they stepped up and kicked this guy out in the outcome. 

People love watching the cheapest stupidest kind of drama they can get their hands on and it will stay this way until something else comes up like "Ow my balls" from Ideocricy

I'm glad this didn't go through. Youtube is a nice alternative to television; don't bring that garbage reality tv stuff here. Also who would that Gamejam thing be marketed towards with all the comments about how women can't code? A GameJam seems obscure enough to put off anyone who's not interested in gaming or the industry, so who's it for? That Matti character sounds like an idiot who clearly doesn't understand the demographic.

Guy who's been living under a rock here: What's Game Jam and why was it a catastrophe?

Guy who's been living under a rock here: What's Game Jam and why was it a catastrophe?

It's all in the article the OP posted.

Lovely boarding house ICT policy atcfSbR.png

What the shit does that mean?

I'm not sure how to best summarize what this Is about though. This Game Jam was a Polaris project about documenting a games development process, that got Reality-fied by a Hollywood douchenozzle, and subsequently destroyed, which prompted Joe, Jon and others to go to Disneyland for some shenanigans.

What the shit does that mean?

I'm not sure how to best summarize what this Is about though. This Game Jam was a Polaris project about documenting a games development process, that got Reality-fied by a Hollywood douchenozzle, and subsequently destroyed, which prompted Joe, Jon and others to go to Disneyland for some shenanigans.

Ah. I never thought I'd see the horrible day where reality TV and gaming would mix. And I still didn't see that day because the site is blocked.

Ah. I never thought I'd see the horrible day where reality TV and gaming would mix. And I still didn't see that day because the site is blocked.

Well thankfully It fell apart before It got to that point where everyone involved lost their souls.