• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Gronth

Quo vadis Angry Joe Show

10 posts in this topic

Lately when i watched few videos on Angry Joe YT channel i started to ask myself, where is it going in the near future? Personally, im not really happy with what is happening to the Show, and ill exmplain why. Perhaps some of you will agree with me and some wont, bt thats why its a forum, to share opinions.

First of all, AJS was a pretty damn good review channel. I mean, a realy honest one, and thats pretty rare. Reviews were coming quite regulary etc. Now, in something like 3 months we've had like... 2 big reviews? Well, i may be overreacting a bit, because its mainly what i watch AJ for, but thatll be up next.

Next. Too much of everything. I love when people like Joe have a burst of enthusiasm but one person/team cant do everything. You guys (To AJ and Team) must make your mind and set some focus. Because you either are a really proffesional YT channel with reviews and interviews (MORE OF THEM) or you are going to be a 5 minute sensation like some YT clowns like PewdiePie (god i hate that guy).

Yes, thats right. Clowns. Im sorry, but i dont really know Joe, and cant tell when its Angry Joe (a created character) and when its Joe Vargas(a real person) and where the personalities meets, but no matter how much i want to watch some "lets play" with joe i cant stand more than 5 minutes. Because its just boring (but thats not really often. Like this one from that cartoony MMO in scifi setting) or joe is screaming and overreacting so much that im starting to get annoyed or embarassed beause of it. Guys, screaming, and making a monkey in a zoo out of yourself is not funny. At least not for people older than 15 years.

Interviews. MORE INTERVIEWS. I know Joe may be a bit "scared" since that "diss" on VGA (was in some video, when Joe admitted he went completely unprepared etc.) and need to work to get better in this type of working with people. Guy, i know its good to break some ice in conversation and make some laugh, but please dont interrupt when your guest is talking and dont make it a stream of your ideas (like it was on that interview with Infinite Crisis developer. Go and watch it, and you will se, that at one point he wasnt really happy ;))
Also try to talk to a little bit more famous people. I know its also a money problem, but it should be worth it.  eXpecially if you will ask them some good, really "sharp edged" questions. And it couldnt be only interviews with game devs. For example, id like to see an Interviews with AJS team or with SGT Ross (seems a pretty interesting person).

Streams. Personally, i dont like streams. I dont like watching as someone plays a game in a real time. Because i could play the same game at this time. Or not play a game at all. But looking as someones play? Well... its a bit like looking as someone watches TV. Not so entertaining, at least for me.

Once again, i realise that current trend is "More vids=more money". But remember, quality over quantity ;). I hope someone form "up" will read this and think about it.

So, quo vadis AJ? Where will it take us? What do you guys think about it? 

Corporate Agent likes this

Watch what you want and don't watch what you don't want to I guess?

I don't really understand what you are trying to say, sorry xD

BlondishMist748 likes this

Don't like it, don't watch it. its the cold hard truth.

I won't watch his DCUO streams cuz I'm not interested in it and people made a big deal that he's getting paid for it. Which he is, but damn some people...

My point is, watch what you want to watch now that he has a variety of content comin out, more than just reviews.

Yea, big variety, with quality getting worse vid by vid, and thats sad.

Although I mostly just watch his reviews and some game play videos, I understand he needs to branch out more. Being a one trick pony is always dangerous. He does need to make a living after all. With the issues he had with Youtube, it only makes sense to me that he'd be pushing for more Twitch content, etc.

Reviews were coming quite regulary etc. Now, in something like 3 months we've had like... 2 big reviews?

He has done more than two reviews and progress would have been slowed down by starting this community, real life issues, going to LA in the last week for that project that failed. In the recent two months he has been posting his usual amount of reviews.

Interviews. MORE INTERVIEWS.

He can really only do interviews when he has somewhere to go where he can talk to people and on top of that he needs people who are willing to talk to him at a time that they can both agree on. It's not as if he can just get interviews all the time easily, especially not if you want him to talk to "more famous people".

Streams. Personally, i dont like streams. I dont like watching as someone plays a game in a real time. Because i could play the same game at this time. Or not play a game at all. But looking as someones play? Well... its a bit like looking as someone watches TV. Not so entertaining, at least for me.

Streams are rarely about watching the game played. People watch streams because they like the personality of the streamer and they like being able to interact with Joe and his friends while they are playing and when he is often getting 2000-4000 people showing up to them it shows that there is a very large amount of people in the community who enjoy watching him. It also allows people to watch him play games he is going to review (Killzone and MGS) and if a review is going to be late they can start to get an opinion from him early and see how the game plays.

Yea, big variety, with quality getting worse vid by vid, and thats sad.

I don't know what you are basing that on. I've watched his videos since he started, and when he was just starting I wasn't much of a fan, I've only seen him improve in expressing his opinions over the years.

Zavaira likes this

The only point i actually agree on is reviews.

Streaming - imagine you want to buy a game, and you don't know how it looks. And let's say you don't trust some reviewer, perhaps because he adores the genre. This way you can watch how the game plays out and decide for yourself if you like it.

I don't really mind what he wants to do.

I only watch the reviews and I only watch them for entertainment value not really the review as such ... much like why I watch Zero Punctuation.

I don't watch streams at all. I look at games the same way I look at snooker and golf .... I love playing them but get bored as fuck watching other people play. I'd just much rather be playing the damn things than watching other people.

During one of the ESO beta events someone started a thread saying not enough people were watching someone's live stream of it .... that's because the rest of us were playing.

Same with lets plays, they bore the ever living shit out of me too. 

However he does have a lot of fans that would probably watch him sleep if he felt like streaming it so the more he can do for those folks the better it will be for him and them.

However he does have a lot of fans that would probably watch him sleep if he felt like streaming it so the more he can do for those folks the better it will be for him and them.

That is the most terrifying thing you said Gomly.

Gone likes this

With success comes diversification.

When AJ drops his dramatis personae you can see an intellectual individual who is drawn to storytelling through multiple mediums (books, games, film, graphic novels, etc.).  Individuals like that need to evolve and that’s what the success of his videos has enabled him to do. Gaming is a big part of him but not ALL of him and he’s exploring that.

The GOOD NEWS is that AJ’s audience appeal is large but PATICULAR. It’s people that enjoy him being him. So we won’t have to worry about a Disney-esque watering down of content to win the mindless Roman mob.

The best way to ensure that continues is contributing $$$ to his site when you can. I’m looking to do that now.

I don’t know who his inner circle is or whether they show a smidge of his aptitude or if their just sycophantic ass kissers like “Turtle” from Entourage, but hopefully some of them can share more of the burden to allow him to do what he does best – saving me money from shitty games and making me chuckle.