• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Recoveryanonymous

Adam Sessler leaves Rev3

25 posts in this topic

Adam Sessler, the legend, has left Rev3 games.

http://sessactual.tumblr.com/

In Tangier the Parade Bar is closed….

After some incredible achievements over the last year and a half, I am announcing my departure from Rev3 Games and Discovery Digital Networks.  Sixteen years in front of the camera covering the videogame industry has brought me to a point where I am ready and desiring to explore new opportunities.  While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium.  The audience, my wonderful and talented co-workers and the last year at Rev3 Games will forever be appreciated for what was accomplished.  There never is a right time to part ways with something that has become as natural as breathing, but things do end and now feels right.

“Hurry up please. It’s time” - William S. Burroughs,  The Western Lands

I'm not sure what he's up to next but whatever it is I wish him luck; he's been a very strong voice in Games media for the last 16 years since starting on ZDTV in 1998: Then TechTv and then X Play in 2003.

Eh, Rev3 games kinda just seemed like a run of the mill review site with the same scores as places lke ign and other sites. But I say that it's an achievement that I knew his name, as I know no ones name from ign or stuff like that. 

5 bucks says Sessler moves to Polaris!

Him and Morgan Webb are what made G4 for me.

Only reason I bothered with rev3.

Suppose I'll check up on Morgan now, or see what Adam does next.

Great guy.

5 bucks says Sessler moves to Polaris!

That would be really neat; There might the possibility of more crossovers with other channels in the network like Totalbiscuit, those two seem to get along well. That network doesn't really seem to fit him though. But who knows.

He might just be done with the Youtube scene entirely and wants to get involved with more traditional games journalism again. I hope that whatever he does now will still involve games media and that he hasn't just retired from the scene: Though he's definitely contributed more than his fair share over the last 16 years. 

That would be really neat; There might the possibility of more crossovers with other channels in the network like Totalbiscuit, those two seem to get along well. But who knows. He might just be done with the Youtube scene entirely and wants to get involved with more traditional games journalism again. I hope that whatever he does now will still involve games media and that he hasn't just retired from the scene: Though he's definitely contributed more than his fair share over the last 16 years. 

No, Sessler should stay in the YouTube scene. Unless he goes to Rock Paper Shotgun.

I would prefer him moving to Polaris and become the console version of TB.

No, Sessler should stay in the YouTube scene. Unless he goes to Rock Paper Shotgun.

I would prefer him moving to Polaris and become the console version of TB.

Console and 'Murican version.

Yeah, have him do first impressions of console games, and reviews. Then put him on the Co-Optional at least once in Polaris. And then do a Jesse Cox crossover because.

( Off Topic ) BTW, about the Polaris and Disney thing? Don't worry, Disney won't do a thing because they have released R rated movies since the 80s. So they are fine with this.

Adam on the Co-Optional podcast would be really cool, though they've had other people on who aren't partnered. Maybe he didn't have the time before; Totalbiscuit was on Address the Sess twice I think.

Yeah, have him do first impressions of console games, and reviews. Then put him on the Co-Optional at least once in Polaris. And then do a Jesse Cox crossover because.

( Off Topic ) BTW, about the Polaris and Disney thing? Don't worry, Disney won't do a thing because they have released R rated movies since the 80s. So they are fine with this.

Fun Fact: Disney bought Miramax in 1993. You know what was released by Miramax one year later?

Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

StevenMcKupkake and DemonsColt like this

Disney isnt stupid enough to fuck with RPM because if they do alot of  big people are going to leave. I dont see him going to Polaris from what ive heard hes said hes leaving YT entirely and just taking break in general. Now im guessing that means the more traditional gaming journalism instead of YT and maybe he'll come back to YT someday or maybe my sources are idiots and he is going to stay on YT. Its honestly just the waiting game for now till he says more.

Fun Fact: Disney bought Miramax in 1993. You know what was released by Miramax one year later?

Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

Disney did own Miramax for a while, but that is a studio. Disney actually directly released R rated movies without using separate studios.

Remember this company:

m91yl0.jpg

Touchstone actually IS Disney. It is just a name that Disney created to release R rated and other mature films. So, in theory, Disney did release R films. The lightning bolt on the logo is actually a skewed version of Mickey Mouse.

Not to mention they also created this:

500px-Hollywood_pictures.jpg

Hollywood Pictures was created by Disney in response to its successful Touchstone banner. Like Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures is also just a name.

So Disney would most likely never adjust Polaris because they have been in the mature crowd since the 80s. Unless Maker Studios starts slapping their name on their content, Disney should be fine.

After all, Disney has a kid friendly reputation to keep!

Gone too likes this

Pulp_Fiction_cover.jpg

Off topic: I just watched pulp fiction yesterday. damn good movie

Honestly, got no reason now to keep Subbed to Rev3Games. I only subbed to them because of Adam.

Sol Omega likes this

I lost all respect for Adam after he said that the microtransactions in Forza 5 were acceptable.

That said, I wish him the best for the future.

I hope Adam creates his own space for talking about  everything gaming related

Not a big fan of his, but I wish him all the best, and Pulp Fiction be good.

So basically, the worse version? no thank you. I would rather that he just remained a good critic

So basically, the worse version? no thank you. I would rather that he just remained a good critic

Well tough, because he is no longer a critic.

He's moving on to different directions.

He never stated he would no longer be a critic.

http://sessactual.tumblr.com/

"Sixteen years in front of the camera covering the videogame industry has brought me to a point where I am ready and desiring to explore new opportunities.  While I would never say no to doing one more review, interview or opinion piece, the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium."

-Adam Sessler

Although Sessler would be happy to do some reviews in the future, he clearly wants to move on from journalism and try new opportunities.