• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

wasiqqayyum

Best first person shooter

24 posts in this topic

What is the best first person shooter according to you. also i need proper reasoning eg. campaign graphics, story etc 

I liked Halo: CE. It wasn't really because of the graphics or anything, what hooked me was the story. Of course I was the kind of kid who bought the books and read those all through high school.

Far Cry 1 

why?

because mostly the nostaliga, but i really love the game.

The grapichs are still looking good, might not look the most advanced anymore, but its still good.

The gameplay is varied, from run and gun,stealth, and other techniques. 

Story might not give much, but its still fun enough to play through

Multiplayer vise....i don't know, no one is playing the multiplayer, but personally i think its the weakest part of the game. 

Warmaster_Mack likes this

Well, that's a hard one for me. Generally I don't play a lot of FPS games, but I'd have to say my favorite is the Uncharted series. Probably not a typical pick, but I love the story and game play for an FPS type game.

Yeah graphically Battlefield 4 is cool, but I couldn't get into it like I could Battlefield 3. But of TF and BF4, I'd say TF.

I liked Halo: CE. It wasn't really because of the graphics or anything, what hooked me was the story. Of course I was the kind of kid who bought the books and read those all through high school.

What was the name of the Spartan 2's best (shave headed) female sniper...?

If I'm remembering correctly that would be Linda-058, but I can't for the life of me recall anything about her having a shaved head. I know she was best known for her sniping skills, and for being friends with John-117. If that's incorrect then oh well, just more reading for me.

I personally think CS:GO is my favorite FPS game right now, though Halo CE & Halo 2 are pretty good, have a nice story, campaign etc...

Call of Duty 4 is up there.  Some of the best FPS mechanics.  Hell, there is a reason why every developer on planet earth is copying COD's control scheme these days.  I just think they have it down.  Plus, the singleplayer was actually really good for its time and the multiplayer maps, modes, etc were like nothing we ever saw.  It also added the ability to progress in multiplayer, much like an RPG.

Other than that,  I really think the Battlefield series is right up there.  But after BF4, wow...they effed up big time. lol  If I could say, I'd just state a tie between COD, Halo, and BF3 for sure.

Zinnoy likes this

CoD 4 was awesome with the multiplayer.

I enjoyed Far Cry 3 a lot...probably the best FPS I played in last couple of years.

Halo 2 & 3 for me, multiplayer was tons of fun with friends. The singleplayers had a good story with epic moments.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Because:

- tons of Mods

- intense atmosfere

- survival elements

- postapocalyptic future

- fractions

- 7 different endings

- tactical aproach

- constant threat due to mutants, other stalkers, anomalies, blow outs, scavengers, thiefs, zombies, military, hazards....

Alexander452 likes this

I can't tell you what the best FPS is, but I can tell you my favorite FPS is Counter-Strike(All of them).

I can't explain in great detail as to what keeps me coming to these games, but from the first time I played CSS on to my 400+ hours in CS:GO I've felt like Counter-strike is a game that I feel at home in. Even if I'm bad at it and didn't start in the 1.6 days. I just love it over all other shooters.

My favorite FPS is Half-Life 2, because the battles require tactics, and there are subtle clues that give you great moments of ingenuity. The story also felt good, and don't take away from gameplay. I enjoy it a lot.

Quake 3 Arena. Most fun in an FPS I've ever had, VERY closely overtaking Titanfall. Graphics were insane in '99, too.

For me the best FPS games ever made were of the Half-Life Franchise, going from the First Half-Life made to its expansions, and to its sequels. Some of the reasons why I choose this as my personal best FPS ever are this: 

1.Story: The first impression this game gives is that of a overused Sci-Fi story. Half-Life starts all of the story on a facility called the Black Mesa Research Facility, on Roswell, New Mexico, were a top secret experiment goes horribly wrong and a rift opens, pouring alien creatures into the facility. The story of Half-Life and its sequels is just amazing. The game makes you hanged on the plot, which you figure it out as you go deeper and deeper into the Black Mesa facility. It even has its own plot twists, for example, when you think the US Army is gonna come in, guns blazing, killing all of the bad alien guys, and rescue your ass. But too bad, you and all of the personnel are on their Wanted Dead list, so you have to survive against the Marine Corps of the US Army too. THe sequels lets you explore the consequences of the Black Mesa incident, that have been felt far and wide. 

2. Gameplay: The gameplay of Half-Life and its series holds true to the basic concepts of First Person Shooters. What makes it stand out is the type of guns there, the fictional guns made up, combined with real-life military hardware, and the variety of enemies. Im not Joking, the variety of enemies is very large on the Half-Life series. You get to face tiny little headcrabs, diverse alien enemy tipes, including grunts, vortigaunts, just for some examples, and of course you get to face the all mighty US Army on the game, with an AI that actually throws grenades at you whenever it can, and offers a challenge when fighting human soldiers. Of course, the variety of enemies in the sequels of Half-Life just get larger and are far deadlier. 

3. Action: In the Half-Life universe, there's no moment for rest. You dont know what kind of enemies await you when you pass a room or when you get to another sector. But they're there, and they want to kill you. The moments of action in Half-Life are very well done, and many. The combat is just very addicting, you never get tired of killing aliens or human soldiers. You even get to face the US Apache Helicopters or M1 Abrams tanks, and also the APC's of the Army too. The game offers lots of good moments, that make you be always with your finger on your trigger. No place to hide, no place to run, just shoot your way out! 

4. The G-Man: Who is this man? What is his purpose? Why does he aid or hinder the protagonist? The Government Man (aka G-Man) is one of the biggest misteries on a game that has ever arisen. No one knows what it is, or who in fact really is. Many theories range from him being a simple gifted human to the agent of some alien overlords supervising mankind. Whatever it is, we wont figure it out soon. Heck I dont even think we will ever see its true purpose even if the game franchise comes to a close. But whatever happens, G-Man will always be there. 

Halo, enough said.

Pay day 2 it's quite nice person shooter game but it's not player vs player I only like it because of it's team working missions with other players around the world :]

The developers of this game are planing to add more things for this game on steam and so far it looks so good.  if you get the payday 2 for your pc it would be my pleasure to help you  level up your character.

Heyyo,

For Singleplayer? Hmm... Either Half-LIfe 2 or Halo. I really enjoyed Singleplayer on those games. :)

For Multiplayer? I'd probably be Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I had an insane amount of fun playing that with friends back when it was big.. same with Battlefield: Vietnam and Battlefield 2... sadly Battlefield 3 didn't feel as good (in my opinion) and I didn't purchase Battlefield 4 after a very disappointing alpha.. I mean, "beta" test (hehehe) and cancelled my pre-order.

the runner up? Team Fortress 2... BEFORE they started adding in all the extra weapons. Vanilla TF2 was a thing of beauty. Perfect game balance... then along came the addons... Force-A-Nature is where I uninstalled. It was broken forever... after a few patches and no nerf to it? I couldn't bare to play it. The fun was gone. Too many scouts with that damn gun were running around and could double-tap anything. If it wasn't for that? TF2 would probably have been rated as my favorite mutliplayer FPS...
For the record? I had the OSX earbuds. I installed "hackintosh" on my PC and used that to get them hahaha... sold them to a guy for $50 a while back. That felt good. ;)

Best singleplayer / multiplayer combo? I'd probably say Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The campaign was very charming with the characters being unique... PLUS? Some cutscenes had music that you'd hear in an Indiana Jones movie/game.. which was amazing lol.

Runner up? Call of Duty 4. Singleplayer was great, and multiplayer was solid too... albeit the bunnyhop of doom was quite annoying lol.

For me return to castle wolfenstien. I just remember playing the first mission over and over on the hardest diffuculty.Then there was online that was the best experience for me.