• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

iEsaias

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

18 posts in this topic

I'm going to be purchasing Final Fantasy XIV ARR and was wondering if there are going to be any other players playing on the PS4 so i know what server to join. 

Hello Angry Soldiers,

Yes we have a Message Room for RPG's much like Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. You are welcome to join if you want. If you want to know what a Message Room is, or this certain Message Room here are a few links.

Angry Army Message Rooms - What are Message Rooms?

AJSA RPGrinders - What this Message Room covers?

I hope this helps out what you are asking for.

Fellow Angry Soldier, WITHASTICK

iEsaias likes this

Well i'll be on siren since I all ready have a toon there that I play with my friend, running a free company really isn't my thing but if one happens to end up there I would join. Other wise I'll just be playing with friends anyway.  ^_^  Since it runs with the pc servers and it came out way before this site to I doubt there will be one since a ton of people are all ready way to scattered out on the servers. So just find a few people you want to play with and roll on that server imo.

iEsaias likes this

Well i'll be on siren since I all ready have a toon there that I play with my friend, running a free company really isn't my thing but if one happens to end up there I would join. Other wise I'll just be playing with friends anyway.  ^_^  Since it runs with the pc servers and it came out way before this site to I doubt there will be one since a ton of people are all ready way to scattered out on the servers. So just find a few people you want to play with and roll on that server imo.

Yeah that's a good idea, didnt realize that there was cross server play.

Maybe when this comes out for consoles we might see this shift. I am a hopefully person sometimes, even hopefully for impossible things. But It be amazing to have gamers across the three platforms (PC, PS3, PS4) playing together under one banner. I know there are many gamers that would love to continue playing this game as AJSA guys.

As for servers the guys from my message room really like Jenova. So be afraid if they might become Sephiroth minions! Hopefully they don't learn the spell meteor.

Alot of us from the Beta and a few pc and ps3 coverting to ps4 have been going to Region Aether Server World Jenova, reasons being, when we tried behemoth during the beta it gets congested...ALOT Jenova is new server recently added to the NA region theres quite alot people there but not nearll enough to cause a character creation restriction and temp shut down of that. My advice come with us on Jenova just add Raziel Ironblade when u do. a Free company is in the works

Wait so when i get the chance to swap from the ps3 to the ps4 do i have to pick another server??

Kinda hope not as i cant even remember what wold i was in.  But meh aslong as i dont lose my characer.  really dont fancy grinding fishing to 50 again.  Wonder if the stuff i had for sale swaps over too?  Does it gain interest??......:P

Wait so when i get the chance to swap from the ps3 to the ps4 do i have to pick another server??

Kinda hope not as i cant even remember what wold i was in.  But meh aslong as i dont lose my characer.  really dont fancy grinding fishing to 50 again.  Wonder if the stuff i had for sale swaps over too?  Does it gain interest??...... :P

I wish I had all the answer to those questions. But I do believe when you upgrade your PS3 edition to PS4 edition your toon stays in the same server. I don't believe server is locked by console its locked by whatever the Square servers say.

As for grinding all over again for lvl 50 fishing for another server. I do know you can pay for a world transfer that is 18 dollars. I am not saying you should do it I just know that option is there.

The sale of items part I don't know and would be very interesting to know if that stuff carries over. If not if someone buys it where would the Gil go?

Kinda hope not as i cant even remember what wold i was in.  But meh aslong as i dont lose my characer.  really dont fancy grinding fishing to 50 again.  Wonder if the stuff i had for sale swaps over too?  Does it gain interest??...... :P

What server are you currently on dude?

What server are you currently on dude?

Just looked up the server list and it was Lamia i was on. Cant wait to get back playing i got rid of my ps3 when i got my ps4 as i didnt know it was gonna be as much of a wait for FFXIV to launch on the ps4. 

I just hope i can finally get a party that knows how to fight hard mode titan!!

Ah cool, I am on Odin but if the angry army all gets together on a particular server (Jenova is sounding the place at the moment) we can all quest together and kick some ass. Love the fact I am getting the ps4 version for free (upgrade).

Ah cool, I am on Odin but if the angry army all gets together on a particular server (Jenova is sounding the place at the moment) we can all quest together and kick some ass. Love the fact I am getting the ps4 version for free (upgrade).

Yeah would be cool.  Though dont yu have to pay for the world transfer service?

I don't know if I should purchase the game or not. usually I do not like the whole subscription thing since I do not have the money to pay monthly. i know I would get the free 30-day trial. But i usually my friends outside of this AJSA usually are not interested in these types of games. If I do purchase the game I would most likely play it with AJSA PS4 community. I am currently in a conflict with a decision if to buy it or not. I am interested in the game, just wanted to know how many people will be playing it from the AJSA?

Edited by therealdark

I don't know if I should purchase the game or not. usually I do not like the whole subscription thing since I do not have the money to pay monthly. i know I would get the free 30-day trial. But i usually my friends outside of this AJSA usually are not interested in these types of games. If I do purchase the game I would most likely play it with AJSA PS4 community. I am currently in a conflict with a decision if to buy it or not. I am interested in the game, just wanted to know how many people will be playing it from the AJSA?

None of my friends play this game or an other FF game.  I still bought ffXIV and met loads of people while playing it to the point where i always had someone on hand to help with quests etc.

None of my friends play this game or an other FF game.  I still bought ffXIV and met loads of people while playing it to the point where i always had someone on hand to help with quests etc.

If I do get the game, I would probable get the PS3 version then create a character and login for 10 minutes and then upgrade to the PS4 for free and then join the AJSA members that way. I would do this since the PS3 version is cheaper and I do not mind the pre-order bonus you get from the PS4. although, I might go this route for the game because with the saving I could get another month, then if I continue to play it then I would get the 60-day for 30 on amazon (although, I do not know if this is expensive). 

I am on Balmung, and also working to support FFXIV. Stay tuned for more info.

Well i got my ps4 version up and running today and had the nice suprise to find non of the people i played with play anymore :(

on a brighter note though i had a million gil on my retainers and found out i was one of the winners of the haiku contest they did so i got a very limited edition necklace :)

Now i just have to remember how to play.....