• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Chanken HSW

What made you a gamer???

53 posts in this topic

I was 8 years old in Sumpter Oregon, -5 degress outside and 1O feet of snow on the ground. My parents came home from the Baker Auction and brought me a system with about 2O games to it. My first game I beat was Superman on Atari 28OO. Best Superman game ever made I bet lol..Then Pong, I forgot what the other was call but it had 2 tanks, Astroids and even voted the worst game of all time ET... I never looked back after that. Got me a Sega Genesis, then a Saturen, Then a Playstation and so on. Now gaming is more that just entertainment. For a lot like Angry Joe, it is a life style and a way of  living. It has changed so much since that cold day in Oregon. Changed for the best.. Now with Twich, and COD Championship's and with Millions of people play an online world in a MMORPG. Gaming show no signs of slowing down. I look forward to the next World, Win in a online game, playing with my friends. It's Great time to be alive and a great time to be a gamer.. Game On.. What is you story on how you started gaming..GB

Well... I was born, and the house I was born in had consoles in it, played by my many older sisters and my father. And so.. I played on them too, and viola I am a gamer today.

If memory serves, I was 5 years old. I broke my femur bone and spent most my summer in a hospital and missed the start of Kindergarten by a month or so. so I started late and well being in a cast on a couch you can only do so much. My uncle brought over his Atari and I started playing that to keep entertained. That following Christmas my parents got me my NES and well the rest as they say is history.

I was 4 I believe, and my aunt was baby sitting me and brought over a Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog on it. I still haven't beaten it :( .

Simple:
I was born into it, literally. Heck, even back in my MVP days of soccer I was still a hardcore gamer. 

Played some different games on the PC when I was about 3 and got a SNES at the same age. Some early games I played would be Out of This World/Another World, Super Mario All Stars, Wolfenstein 3D, Hocus Pocus, Aquanoid, The Secret of Monkey Island.

I was a PC gamer from the beginning, with the exception of having a PS2 way back then until I broke it in under a year.

I was born with a gameboy in my hands. My parents thought it was weird, but I was a damn weird baby.

Well, the way I was told, I simply saw my brother playing games and I watched intently and eventually played as well. I can't even remember that far back really, so it must have been an early start. Just always been playing, no sign of stopping in sight either.

I was in kindergarten and a box from some charity or whatever, maybe our church ( my mom had cancer ), was at our house. It had a ps2 and one game ( I believe it had one game I may be wrong ) and it was Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom. That was my first game. It was actually a fairly good game and I still have it in my xbox disk case. Me and my sisters got some more hand-me-down games over the years and that was my first console. It broke when I was in the 4th grade, though we bought on later on and it's in my closet now. When ​I had my first Communion ( Catholic thing), I got a DS and some games. I believe I broke it when I was in he 5th grade and we ordered one exactly like my previous. I still have it and use it to play Pokemon and some other games. I got really into video games when I got my xbox 360 in 2010. I got some crappy WW2 shooter that I played once. The day after I got it I went to GameStop and got what most middle schoolers got, COD. I grew out of that faze in 2012 when I got Skyrim and tried new games. I still use it when I'm not using my pc. I bought that last summer with the cash I made working.  

Chanken HSW likes this

"Do you want a megadrive?"

"Yeah, sure." 

This small interlude turned out to be pretty important for my academic(I'm technically a gaming historian right now.) and cultural life, much more than I could imagine at 3-4 years old, it's one of the few memories I have from that age in fact. Before that I remember an ill-fated Atari 2600, I remember it went to the trash later in life, such a waste.

And then came Computers and other consoles and then computers and classics like Warcraft, Full Throttle, C&C, Sim City, Doom definitely converted me. Last decade it even became a cool thing.

I got the first Touhou game for my birthday once I believe, and that pretty much started it. Not really much to say xD

When I was about 3 years old, my uncle brought a PC back from America when he was working there in IT. With it, he brought a bunch of games including Duke Nukem and tons of others. About one and half year later, I decided to hop on it and play. I remember asking my mom or brother to start the game up for me on DOS at the time lol

Didn't take me too long to actually learn it myself even if I didn't know English or anything. 

Since then, I've been gaming all the way until this day and I hope to game till I become an old geezer. 

I don't consider myself a 'gamer'. I'm just a lazy git who has nothing better to do with his free time than play video games and watch anime (cartoons when younger). When it started? Hell if I can remember. Probably when I first saw a pc or a console, no fucking clue right now.

Durendal likes this

I might have been about two years old when I first started playing games. (Granted they were games for babies but still games). I first started playing games on my old windows 95. I I was about four or five I was playing myst and then the first Diablo a few years later. After that it was Age of Empires 2 and it went from there.

carmageddon windows 95 in 1997, 10 years old at school doing computer classes. to learn how to use computers, we were told to play computer games.

this being cyprus at the time, the teachers and in fact the whole country could not give 2 shits about rules and regulations, so i was told / ordered to play carmageddon / 18 rated game / banned in some countries, to play it or fail the class and have a letter sent to my parents.

so that was it, i became a gamer. have not stopped since.

My grandmother was the gamer in the family. She used to play a lot of things and I'd watch her, and sometimes she'd let me play as well. She left a lot of her old  gaming stuff to me, though unfortunately my brother sold most of it...save for her SNES and Playstation.

Most of the games I played have been on those two platforms, though I'm always looking for more. I'm primarily a console gamer, and my main goal is to build a large physical library....sure it will never be in the league of the AVGN or Alphaomegasin, but That's what I want.

The first game console I ever owned was the Nintendo Wii, I was really late to the party. I guess the first time I played a game and I really loved and appreciated the medium was when I played Portal 2 for the first time. I really had no idea that games had come so far since me playing the Wii (I sort of lived under a rock back then, still do to a certain extent), and that's what really got me started in gaming. The first game I played that really made me believe that games could really make you feel something was when I played Mass Effect earlier this year. I'm late to the party, come at me.

I tried zelda out at the age of 4 and then I just continued gaming after that :P

what made me a gamer?

Mario on the NES, Sonic on the Master System and Tripple Action on the Intellivision did.

Tomb Raider and Starfox. Games I fell in love with.

Watching my dad play Quake III and Star Wars: Battlefront II. Thats what made me the gamer today.

GameBoyColor_Blue_Front.jpg

I had Pokemon Pikachu Edition, and then I got me a PS1 and a N64 later on.

Orpo likes this