• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Chanken HSW

What made you a gamer???

53 posts in this topic

GameBoyColor_Blue_Front.jpg

I just had one nostalgic flashback about me unwrapping a game boy color on christmas day of 1999, oh the memories :D .

I just had one nostalgic flashback about me unwrapping a game boy color on christmas day of 1999, oh the memories :D .

I also had an NES, but all I had for that was Duck Hunt.

I also had an NES, but all I had for that was Duck Hunt.

After my nes broke a couple of weeks ago i'm buying a new one next month (if i finally get paid).

I was about six years old and my brother and I were given a Nintendo NES for Christmas. We both play Super Mario Brothers together and tried numerous times to shoot that bloody annoying dog on Duck Hunt! Since then I have been hooked and mostly stay as a console gamer :)

DemonsColt likes this

After my nes broke a couple of weeks ago i'm buying a new one next month (if i finally get paid).

A new NES? on the EBay?!?

I always was a Civil War buff and I started playing Pop Warner when I was 6. My dad took me to a Best Buy (or a Fry's) and bought Sid Myer's Gettysburg! and Madden 97. I've been playing on the PC forever before buying my first console in 2005 (an Xbox). Rest is history. 

Mario + Duck Hunt would have been the catalyst for me, Solstice came shortly afterwards (what a fucking game!). Still play them to this day :)

A new NES? on the EBay?!?

Nope, my cousin is moving and he's selling his stuff.

Nope, my cousin is moving and he's selling his stuff.

Well, it ain't BRAND new, but it's refurbished.

Well, it ain't BRAND new, but it's refurbished.

At least i was able to check if it was able to work.

I was 6 or 7 years old.  My parents bought a computer, and one of the first games that it ever saw played on it was rogue squadron 3D, first time I played, I was hooked, and I've never looked back since.

Though Im not sure this counts, my first actual experience with a computer was when i was 5, my mum brought home a copy of the magic school bus interactive book, and i sat and spent hours fiddling with all the clickable bits...I was very easily entertained at that point.

From there the next game I ever played I believe was Need for speed 2, the 1997 one, and after that need for speed hot pursuit.

But I was never quite hooked until rogue squadron came along...Wish I could find a copy of that game today.

Long story short, I was born into it. My Dad played video games and I'd watch him before I could talk or walk. Then when I was 4 years old they bought me a Nintendo 64, I also watched my brother play games, and as life continued I just continued to play.

My parents did not think video games were healthy when I was 8, so I started playing them on the computer out of retaliation and have been a gamer ever since. I have also had to buy every game in my library because they didn't think it was worth it.

Quite simply, my Grandmother. She played the OG NES games and Atari as well. When I was 2, she introduced me to games. She's quite the badass, as you might imagine.

I actually can't remember, I just know that my brothers used to play a lot of Mario and Contra and they'd always let me play with them, I think that was it.

I played Doom and Wolfenstein as a little kid, then I got a Genesis at age 7

One year my brother got me and all my other brothers GBA's. Then, later on I played The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past W/ Four Swords. Playing through that was what made me fall in love with gaming. 

Playing various videogames

born into it my family loved playing games whether we were in an arcade or at home playing Mario on the old nes  for as long as I remember I have always been playing games

I originally played some House of the Dead game on the Sega Dreamcast from what I can remember. But I didn't get properly into gaming until Halo CE released when I was about 5, shooting grunts aboard a spaceship made me fall in love with the possibilities of video games, even at that age.

3 Years old playing Contra and Duck Hunt.  Ahhh Contra the earliest memory I can recall from childhood.

When I was 2-3 years old my Uncle introduced me to video games. He had Xbox, PS2, and Gamcube. So I got to enjoy every console :D. When I was 5 he got me my own Gamecube and I've been hooked ever since. Few years later I bought the Wii, only a handful of games I really played on it. Used it mainly as a Gamecube player.

I "PC Gamed"ish for a year when Runescape and ROBLOX were in their prime. 4-5 years ago I bought a PS3, and at first I had my Call of Duty honeymoon. Then MW3 was so bad I got into FIFA. I also got into other shooters, which seems to be a recurring theme here. I think my epiphany for broadening my gaming horizons was TWD game. It told such a good story.

Now I'm here.

My time with my bros in gaming.  That's what basically did it.  And realizing that these devs were making their own creations, their own worlds, and characters with some awesome story telling.  That did it for me!

I discovered my parents Atari under their bed when I was 4 and asked "whats this". That started it all. Me and my dad used to play Joust like crazy. From there I played Nintendo with friends for years then santa got me my own for xmas. Me and my dad played a lot of Contra on the NES. Genesis, and PC were to follow with Mutant League Football on Sega, and Quake / Darkforces on PC as the most memorable. The Playstation 1 was the last system I convinced my parents to buy me. I think I spent 99% of my allowance on renting video games every week lol...

Null likes this