• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Luaka1296

Guns of Icarus *NOW SUPPORTED*

61 posts in this topic

When it comes to co-operative airship management games (a genre which granted doesn't have many options), this is easily the best. With a nice variety of ships and weaponry as well as a community that is still going strong and the strong possibility of further developments by Muse, I believe that this would make an excellent addition to the Angry Army's arsenal. After all, an army can't do much worse than float into battle guns blazing on an airship. If you're still not convinced, check out the TGS Battle Royale starring our very own commander in chief; Angry Joe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxEy4hSyr54

Pros:

• Wide selection of ships and weaponry to choose from.
  • Still being strongly supported by the developer who also like to jump into games with the community.
  • Fun gun-play and a strong emphasis on co-operation. 
  • Class system means that there is a role for everybody.
  • Gets even better with friends playing together via team-speak.

Cons:

• Not the easiest game to get into if you're new (especially when steering the ship).
  • Matches can take a while to get underway. 

I have to admit this game looks fantastic no doubt  its looks very Steampunk style. I love ship to ship combat in mid air i have to try it out when i get a better Gaming PC in the future.

This game needs alot of Teamwork and a good Pilot  to win

Luaka1296, ZainWilder and BSB like this

I think this would be a fun game to get into.Setting up specific ships with designated crews and captains could be cool.Maybe some community tournaments.It requires a lot of teamwork so we would need very close-knit teams to do it.

delta_3802 likes this

This game really does deserve our support, its a great game that even the lord commander angry joe has supported, letalone other people like Total biscut and Jesse cox and most of the polaris network. It also is just a fun game, simple as that.

This could actually be fun, if your team could cooperate in some sort of way XD

This would be fun to play.

Most definitely a game the community could get into, and watching Joe fly against high against the Yogscast all those months ago also shows how fun it can be.

I don't own this game because I am poor but I would still try to get it if we did form a guild for this game because it is that great.

As a regular GOI player I sometimes find myself either playing with rage quitters that ruin the game or players without mic or even the capability of communicating via chat which I see as quite sad seeing as the game has such a great potential for success and competitive gaming. So it would be good to see some of you AJSA guys down here enjoying this original title, maybe even start a sub-forum for chat. Although I realise the popularity for this game is not at the standards of say DOTA or ESO, but its such a shame to see such authentic and first-hand ideas go down the drain with occasional community faults.

I realise this is just my opinion and am open to any argument for or against.

PROs:

• Cheap and cheerful
  • Original and one of a kind
  • Character personalisation
  • big maps
  • lots of ships
  • ship customisation
  • good levelling system
  • Great music!

CONs:

• Few maps
  • Not very many active players
  • Can get repetitive
  • No single player
  • No storyline
  • Sometimes stupid AI

Cheers 

delta_3802, Mondez and Artose like this

I love GOI and I would Support more of a presents in this game. There are some very competitive Guilds in this game and they are continually updating the game. I feel that having the AJSA go into this game we can bring more life to this game.   

(also check out the thread that I made in the "Request a Scrim " tab  I would love to friend you all in game)

Theseadog likes this

I like to think our (GOIO) comunity is much less toxic than any DotA commity is.

I play Guns of Icarus relatively regularly - got over 800 on it :)

delta_3802 likes this

Definitely make this happen. They've just added new clan support, so AJSA brass would have to start and admin that, but its a good idea. Plus the new ship aesthetics could work in our favor. Everyone on the Army could use the same decals. Imagine going up against that team.... :D

Definitely need this. Friend me on Steam so we can play together.

I was given command of a placeholder guild for the AJSA clan tag and I am inviting anybody that wants to join. we need at least 5 clan members within 3 days so if you want to join friend me in game or put in a request to join the clan

delta_3802 likes this

We have a guild in game, we just need the forums to recognize it XD

Uhm, don't we need to open a poll for it to pass? I am very much up for it! I love GoI and i believe that if even Angry Joe himself showcased the game it should be supported here as well =D

Heyyo,

I'd like to join the AJSA clan and also would like to see this game supported as well. :)

This game is absolutely fantastic, it has decent graphics, good gameplay and it has the hands down best community in any multiplayer game out there!!!

Game has my vote, I've checked it out

As for official support.. perhaps, it would be interesting to see it happen.

Artose likes this

Im a big fan of it, personally. I would love to team up with my fellow AJSA members.

Has my vote, just picked it up on Humble Bundle for $3 and it's worth way more than that...

had this game a while, i think ill sign up for the clan

I seriously doubt this game. First, I have to agree with you guys that this game look promising when I saw the video, but if, just if, you have a rage quit, "cat got my wires" then how can it be fun, Secondly, this seem to have a same problem as Warframe, too repetitive, can get tedious after some times. Then upgraded ship will destroy new comer?

At this time, I will wait a bit to see where this game is going.

The maps are actually pretty varied and since your opponents are live people, it keeps things pretty fresh. The ships themselves seem pretty balanced so far also. A big weakness of ships with more firepower is their speed and the faster ships have very small firing arcs on their stronger guns. Warframe doesn't really have any requirement for a team to stick together. Just take a look at Warframe's survivor mode, everyone seems to go as far away from each other as possible as if they were competing for some random treasure that only they could pick up.

Guns of Icarus forces you to work with your team and you will always have four crewmen, even if one disconnects. The AI crewman appeared reasonably competent in my observations. It really is all about your crew. Your pilot will develop quirks like tending to push it to the limit. Your engineer will yell at the pilot for abusing his precious ship. That's where the real fun is.

delta_3802 likes this

I seriously doubt this game. First, I have to agree with you guys that this game look promising when I saw the video, but if, just if, you have a rage quit, "cat got my wires" then how can it be fun, Secondly, this seem to have a same problem as Warframe, too repetitive, can get tedious after some times. Then upgraded ship will destroy new comer?

At this time, I will wait a bit to see where this game is going.

Well if you compare it to other competitive games which require team play... They are all pretty repetitive. And there is no way to "Upgrade" a ship to be better then another ship. All weapons and ships are open for all players at the same time. And you cannot make anything work better/shoot better/has more HP.

As of rage quitting: It happens in any team game where you have solo queue. All moba games have it... Some Starcraft players do it. It happens everywhere. The point of this Clan is to make that not happen. The fact that you're in a team of people who you can directly talk to and you know they will not rage quit on you is a huge advantage - Mainly why i think this game should be officially supported