• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sigma081

Admit it, the Questing System Blows

41 posts in this topic

The whole problem I have with the questing system or whatever is like someone else posted on the official forums

Everytime i get into playing my main I run into a broken quest log relog relog relog relog and still it doesnt work so

I log onto an alt to play until they fix it, but why should i have to do that the continuation of my journey is interrupted because they have a fubar set up

I had an awesome battle with a werewolf today as a part of a quest chain... oh wait, no I didn't, two other players jumped in and ruined it...

I found myself today in an annoying situation in wich there were 9 people waiting for a boss to respawn but this is the first time it happened for me

Sigma081 likes this

If you don't want to encounter other people, or just can't deal with it, then don't play a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. They make single player RPGs, too.

emeraldeye likes this

I had an awesome battle with a werewolf today as a part of a quest chain... oh wait, no I didn't, two other players jumped in and ruined it...

So...you're mad because people jumped in to get credit too; thus you both helped each other?

((Underlined & Bolded the part that implies that))

lolwut?

What exactly were you expecting Sigma?

It is not a single player RPG, I am not sure what you are asking for or what your solution is to your problem.

Of course the starting areas are crowded as hell the game just came out. I checked the backside of the DvD box and it says... massively multiplayer online roleplaying game. Do you know... how to reeeeeeaaaaaaad? :P

Other than that, everything else like the phasing etc was known from the start so you should have thought twice before buying it ^^.

In general the quests themselves are fine and i am having fun. Some of the mini story arcs are quite interesting.

BUT

I have had the same reaction as the OP. When in some kind of public dungeon everything up to the mini boss has been killed and people just standing around in the boss room to get a few hits on the mini boss to complete the dungeon. Or they are farming the mini-boss for the soul shards. And when you do fight your own way and get 1vs1 with the mini boss, having a great time/challenge, a group of 4 or so adventures run in and ''help'' you defeat it. Making the whole thing anti-climatic.

They should just make these public dungeons, non public and have them instanced and scale with the number of people in your group. The technology is there !!

And before people start yelling that its an MMO ect ect. If i want to do the group content i will and i will look for a group to do them with. These dungeons are obviously not designed with groups in mind, as they are super easy on your own. Personally i hate leveling with a group because not everyone wants to explore the area, read the books, listen to the quest. Groups tend to be just a zerg, get it all done as quick as possible trololollololol....unless you are with like minded people.

Sigma081 likes this

For ONCE I found a game I like to share with my brother and that fucking game won't allow group member to help each other in a quest that one have already done???

We don't have the same timetable him and I. So I level and he level but we have 2 nights when we can share gaming. And now I learn by playing that if Iv done a quest and he did not, all I'll see is a fucking arrow indicator and (i play a healer) can't even see or heal him? HELL later on, I won't be able to have XP from our mob kill if for example im 13 and he is 11 and we are redoing a quest Iv done already.

Personally I would roll a 2nd character and just play it when the 2 of you couldn't play at the same time. But I am a Altoholic....

Personally I would roll a 2nd character and just play it when the 2 of you couldn't play at the same time. But I am a Altoholic....

Something I have been doing with my wife since 2004. I hate alts, but I love playing with my wife (pun intended), so I always have a "duo" character and a "solo" character. Works just fine, plus it lets me experience different content and classes.

Something I have been doing with my wife since 2004. I hate alts, but I love playing with my wife (pun intended), so I always have a "duo" character and a "solo" character. Works just fine, plus it lets me experience different content and classes.

Been doing the same with my gf.. got a solo and duo alt ^^

GW2 questing was boring as FUCK. At least 75% of what you did was Hearts, and they are WAY more "oldschool" than ESO's questing system.

You're the one with "battered wife syndrome" if you think GW2 gets a pass on questing just because they have the occasional scripted event happen over and over every half an hour. GW2 had a GREAT world to explore and because of Skill Points and the exploration factor I enjoyed the time I spent on the game, but outside of finding a new area or skill point, most of your time was spent clicking on cogwheels and killing 10 rats.

They tried to hide their bog standard questing system with progress bars instead of kill counts, but that was just lipstick on a pig. Awesome, I can choose between clicking on 10 apples or killing 10 rats! So revolutionary! :rolleyes:

Arreyanne likes this

What exactly were you expecting Sigma?

It is not a single player RPG, I am not sure what you are asking for or what your solution is to your problem.

I expect a MMO released in 2014 to have a better questing system than one released in 2004. GW2 showed that it can be done, that players don't have to compete with each other and can instead cooperate with one another for a satisfying multi-player experience. Instead we get an MMO that promotes node stealing, chest stealing, kill stealing, and makes it impossible for your character to have epic battles with important NPCs because Leroy Jenkins is going to jump in where he isn't wanted.

The picture below sums up PVE in ESO. That's the quest where you find the dead kid in the mine who wrote in his journal that the insurrectionists are killing the miners. So of course you set out to avenge the kid and the miners by taking down their leader. But when you get to him THAT CLUSTERFUCK is what you get, not an epic battle like you'd want.

post-20310-0-50829900-1397278244_thumb.j

There could have been two solutions to this:

Create an evolved questing system.

or

Make the game invite only co-op with online PVP.

So, in short .... it's a whine thread about other people being in an MMO.

I thought you blocked me because I hurt your feelings last time I had to correct you for saying something ignorant. You should avoid posting in my threads if you don't have the balls to actually read my posts otherwise you end up saying stupid things like your above post. Then again, you never miss an opportunity to state a popular opinion so that the beta-sheep jump on the "Gomly Kiss-ass Train."