• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MrMadakey

Joe needs to look into blizzard...

18 posts in this topic

Ok now I'm slightly annoyed at the moment and not many people can see why. Diablo 3 just introduced their "expansion" AKA Reaper of souls. (RoS)

Now this game over in the EU costs £30 so I'm guessing thats around $40 - $50 in america and so on and so fourth.

At first I thought for an expansion and being blizzard I can understand this game being £30. A bit steep yes but this is blizzard.

We were promised alot of things in this latest expansion which haven't exactly been delivered. When me and my two friends put our game key into the battle.net app we expected some kind of download or install right ? Wrong...

This is why I want Joe to look into this. I've payed £30 to technically unlock something. Didn't Capcom pull this one and everyone jump down their throats. Why are blizzard suddenly getting a free pass for this shit.

PLEASE JOE HELP!?!

It's the same as with WoW. Your game gets updated with each patch, so you can play the latest version of the game just not the content of it (expansion content). I reckon that you can install it via disc if you uninstall it completely. I get your point, but I really doubt it's the same issue as with Capcom disc-locking their content. You can't install RoS via the original Diablo III disc. Well, you can in the terms of downloading it, but not via hard copy of the game.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Nothing is downloaded though. You enter the code and then start playing...

You downloaded the expansion through patching the game before it came out, It's a way to reduce server load on the opening day.........................Did you really think they had this expansion pre loaded on the disc back in 2012 (Because you imply the capcom thing to this) ????????????? This is literally how all there games work, how was this any different than SC2 and WoW?

LaserBunny and Emphase like this

You messed up when you trusted blizzard, never trust them

you could trust Blizzard back in the days when Blizzard north was in the game. Now it's Activision Blizzard.

blizz started on a ego trip after wow made it big

blizz started on a ego trip after wow made it big

Was it that, or was it Activision buying them?

If there's anything Joe needs to look into Blizzard for, it's probably this: http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/news/13789935/bundle-packs-now-available-in-heroes-of-the-storm

To prepare you for glorious battle in the Nexus, we’ll be testing a series of bundle packs in Heroes of the Storm, each of which allows you to save at least 60% on select heroes, skins and mounts. 

Check out this heavy payload of bundle deals below:

Starter Bundle –  Regularly $96.40.  Now $29.95!   Perfect for new recruits to the Nexus. 

• Elite Tauren Chieftain (includes Glam Metal E.T.C. Skin)
  • Stitches (includes Psycho Stitches Skin)
  • Nova (includes Roller Derby Nova Skin)
  • Gazlowe
  • Sgt. Hammer
  • Malfurion
  • Rainbow Unicorn Mount (“Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!”)

Warcraft Bundle  –  Regularly $49.98.  Now $19.95! – Mount up with the mighty warriors of Azeroth.

• Falstad
  • Arthas (includes Lich Prince Arthas Skin)
  • Uther  (includes Lumberjack Uther Skin)
  • Warhorse Mount

Diablo Bundle  –  Regularly $47.45.  Now $18.95! – Bolster your hero collection with these battle-hardened veterans of the Eternal Conflict.

• Witch Doctor
  • Tyrael (Includes Demonic Tyrael Skin)
  • Diablo (Includes Lurkablo Skin)

StarCraft Bundle  –  Regularly $49.98.  Now $19.95! –Save 60% and rollout with arguably the fiercest members of the Zerg, Protoss, and Terran races.

• Kerrigan
  • Tassadar
  • Tychus (includes Infested Tychus Skin)
  • Cyberwolf Mount

(Please note that after purchasing a bundle, you may encounter an issue which causes the separate contents of that bundle to remain purchasable in the shop. This is a known issue that we are actively investigating, and a fix is slated for release with a future patch.)

Technical Alpha play testers should keep in mind that all real-money purchases made during alpha testing, including Bundle purchases, will be reset and refunded to Battle.net balance with future account wipes.

These bundles are available now in the in-game Shop. So, if you’re in the Technical Alpha, be sure to lock in your favorite hero pack today!  We’ll see you soon in the Nexus.

Berserker likes this

Doesn't really seem like a problem to me. It's nothing game breaking and it's mostly just skins. And the heroes can be bought via in-game currency, so you don't buy power.

Meant the price for the bundles actually. At least with Smite you pay $30 and you unlock all the Gods. But the starter for this $96.40.

Meant the price for the bundles actually. At least with Smite you pay $30 and you unlock all the Gods. But the starter for this $96.40.

Starcraft 2 is 4 years old and still $39.99, they love, LOVE $$$

and that is without HotS, for that its 40 more dollars

I'm quite sure the price is yet to changed. I really doubt they'd leave the prices for some cosmetic stuff as high. That said, no one is forcing you to buy those things in the first place.

I'm quite sure the price is yet to changed. I really doubt they'd leave the prices for some cosmetic stuff as high. That said, no one is forcing you to buy those things in the first place.

Whether you're forced to buy something or not is besides the point. Ridiculous prices are ridiculous prices. Will they really lower them? Only time will tell.

Whether you're forced to buy something or not is besides the point. Ridiculous prices are ridiculous prices. Will they really lower them? Only time will tell.

Same deal as with Apple products, really. Blind people will always buy shiny stuff no matter how ridiculously priced it is.

Same deal as with Apple products, really. Blind people will always buy shiny stuff no matter how ridiculously priced it is.

Not everyone's going to want to play x amount of hours to unlock heroes one by one. It's one of the reasons that I like what Hi-Rez did with Tribes and Smite. Pay a reasonable fee unlock everything (apart from cosmetics).

Not everyone's going to want to play x amount of hours to unlock heroes one by one. It's one of the reasons that I like what Hi-Rez did with Tribes and Smite. Pay a reasonable fee unlock everything (apart from cosmetics).

As far as I'm aware, the champions are actually reasonably priced in terms of in game currency and they also rotate them as far as free ones go.

As far as I'm aware, the champions are actually reasonably priced in terms of in game currency and they also rotate them as far as free ones go.

Still prefer to unlock them all once, just like Smite. Nothing beats an option to play who you want right off the bat. Honestly, with that as their competition, there's no defending these prices.

Not everyone has the time/patience to unlock every single character in a MOBA, just like how not everyone has the time to unlock every single gun/gadget in FPS. Thanks to companies who understand that, and have a reasonably priced option.

It's not even about the joy of unlocking stuff, since you unlock stuff while playing anyway. Also saves time when if you have all the heroes unlocked from the get go, the only things you have to buy with the in-game currency or real money are cosmetic changes.

Honestly, the only time I don't mind unlocking stuff is if it's done through the campaign or single player, like in fighting games, since that's the game itself.