• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Creator

I'm writing a book series...Want to be in it?

52 posts in this topic

Greetings friends of AJSA!

Spoiler Alert: it's Long...really really long...

Well title says it all...

I'm writing a book, a fantasy book series that i had an idea in mind for some time (few days ago to be specific...XD)

Anyway i want to involve you guys in it, it's general discussion so i guess i may write it here, right?

Well i have some lack of characters to put inside, i have the main hero that's for sure and the story ready, but the secondary characterד (sorry for that term...) i don't know what kind of names to put for each man\female out there.

So would you like to participate in the book? just consider yourself in middle age times or gothic times not sure how to say it right...just what kind of character would you like to be in, just like you are in a video game and inserting your character in some MMORPG... but don't go highly of yourself and say everyone is a king of many lands\emperor or anything like that, be a bit realist about it, like a citizen...merchant, carpenter, thief, bandit, soldier, militia, mercenary, scholar, teacher, politician, farm owner, labor worker, field worker, mayor of a city (only few would be granted that place, each role must present a reason for it...like you actually live that life...), and of course a blacksmith... (the hero is a blacksmith, from a small village, so you'll probably a city blacksmith in that case), alchemist, ship builder (for the navy), city guard, soldiers with high rank (there are enough places for that), bakers, sailors etc... (if i missed something, you may add your own ideas) 

I think the book will contain 7 major cities, 1 capital (means 8 total), and probably 10 farms and villages together...

Note: each role you take must present a some special name that fits the era, not modern it may be unique. In addition, present which city,farm, village you from. 

The hero comes from a village, you can give your ideas about it.

Names of the cities: 

Theobald-city where the commander of all the guards is from (relevant for the chapters) and it's next to Lobarts' village and of course the capital of the land...

Gardimon- city of the scholars, of the wise people, alchemists scientists and of course has the best city guards to protect the greatest treasury...

Craagan- city of the navy, where sailors and the fleet stationed

Krifan- city of slavery,bandits, thieves, plagues, corruption and greed (for the second book)

Vortin- City of the assassins, and mercenaries (assassins are only going to be on the third book, so don't put yourself in it yet...)

You know what i'm not going to block you into those cites only, i will let you put down 4 more cities names if you are not interested to be in one of those cities that were mentioned, and you may put the idea behind them.

the best ideas will be chosen and the people who made them will be the rulers of those cities-the name of the characters you put.

It also goes for villages and farms, if your place is let's say close to those were chosen you would probably will be chosen as a village elder, or farm owner.

Few notes:

1. After i'll finish the first book you may choose an assassin "class"

2. You have 4 cities and 10 villages\farms names that you may put as an idea and i'll choose the best

3. Just think you're in MMORPG, with custom character that fits the story not too OP and i'll treat you fairly to your class

4. Krifan and Vortin those cities won't be mentioned till the second and the third book (which means the classes won't be mentioned till the first one is finished)- correction: thieves and bandits are available always...

5. If there are women out there who is reading this, you are more than welcomed, it really lacks here...and yes you may be warriors, but there must be sort of balance...

6. The hero has a fiancee, so you may be it...or not...i kinda think i have someone for that

7. The hero has 3 best friends in the village, i have already names for them, so i

cannot put you there

8. Each city has a population over 1000 people but i can mention only 20-50 each one....those 20-50 people will have names, the rest of the population are just won't be mentioned

9. Your ideas are always welcomed

10. I love you for the fact that you read this far, which mean you are probably interested :D

11. Name of the book : classified for the moment (yes i have a name)

12. Second title for the first  book: "Spirit of Vengeance" 

13. All rights are mine for idea in the book, you'll get your credit for participating in it-well your character will be in it, like a video game...

14. it's going to be a trilogy, each book has it's own title and main name...well like Lord of the rings, game of thrones, harry potter, etc...

15. Your idea must be mature, no childish ideas, of course you may choose to be a child in the story, but you'll be barely mentioned, you'll have an effect though on the story, probably one of the greatest effects out there, we'll see ;)...you may cause guilt on the main character...

16. Again thank you for reading this far...must be tough...there must be an achievement for this, well i salute you.

Well i guess that's it, thank you for your time, love you all for making this far...without skipping of course

Sorry for bad grammar and spelling, having some trouble sometimes...

Thank you again and best regards!

P.S: take my notes seriously...

P.S.S: I'll read every idea that i can, i'm on vacation right now, so i have the time to start writing it, and reading your ideas to put in.

P.S.S.S: I know i'm writing alot, but i take this seriously, it's one of the greatest hobbies i ever had so far, it may come successful in the end, and you had a huge part in it.

P.S.S.S.S: Females can be mayors, landowners

Let us write this book together, your participation, my writing we can do it 

Love you all...

Apex Spartan and 2slow4me like this

Hey, I have some experience with writing books. I started at age of 7-8 and have wrote several stories (not in English), but I wanted to get my shit together and write in English. 

For names, if you have a problem as I had use this http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ I use it when I create character on an MMO.

I have created a character for you. I tried to stay as low as I could, but make it look cool.

My character Denor (not his real name) is a thief. He is  tall 178 cm and very thin so he can move in dark unseen. He uses two blades from black steel he stole from a royal once. His origin story would be simple. After few succesful hiests (robberies) he has some money, but someone will try to kill him. He will try to run and will be running for some time. (with some gold not much he is not so rich and he left in a hurry). He will travell into a city where your main character lives and try to hide. They could be foes later or friends.
Good story plot would be he gets lost and your hero thinks he died and later he will show up as one of the bad guys. It is up to you.

If you want I can give you more characters just PM me I have mind to create backstories.  

Edit: Also if you write a book and want it to be good, try to have multiple story lines it is harder, but reader doesn't get bored after 800 pages like I did at some books. 

130927615839.gif

The guy put effort in his post and is trying to get some serious answers lol, don't go off topic or make random posts. 

Same for others. There are other threads where you can find to put random posts, but please don't post non-related replies on these kind of topics.

Berserker and The Creator like this

The guy put effort in his post and is trying to get some serious answers lol, don't go off topic or make random posts. 

Same for others. There are other threads where you can find to put random posts, but please don't post non-related replies on these kind of topics.

It's ok, 15-30% of the world reads, mostly are elders, the young ones are not, which is a shame, every book is a whole new world...

Which is why the may be too lazy to read that thread...

It's ok, 15-30% of the world reads, mostly are elders, the young ones are not, which is a shame, every book is a whole new world...

Which is why the may be too lazy to read that thread...

It seems to me you are putting a lot of effort into this book and are really trying to get it going and it's nice of you to share that with the community and are giving a chance for others to give you ideas and even be part of the story. Some people however just forget that and post something random, but it's not a problem. I'm sure he didn't mean any offense and Bloodginger is a good guy, but I guess sometimes we all get carried away when we are bored lol. I just quoted his post and told him not to do that so that others wouldn't continue because I've been on forums for far too long and I know how things can escalate quickly out of control. Yes, I'm a poor old bastard who spends his life on forums. :(

However, like I said, I really like your idea. I will have to re-read your post again later because atm I'm really tired so I'm having trouble concentrating, but later I hope to have some good ideas to post and try to help you out. ;)

It seems to me you are putting a lot of effort into this book and are really trying to get it going and it's nice of you to share that with the community and are giving a chance for others to give you ideas and even be part of the story. Some people however just forget that and post something random, but it's not a problem. I'm sure he didn't mean any offense and Bloodginger is a good guy, but I guess sometimes we all get carried away when we are bored lol. I just quoted his post and told him not to do that so that others wouldn't continue because I've been on forums for far too long and I know how things can escalate quickly out of control. Yes, I'm a poor old bastard who spends his life on forums. :(

However, like I said, I really like your idea. I will have to re-read your post again later because atm I'm really tired so I'm having trouble concentrating, but later I hope to have some good ideas to post and try to help you out. ;)

Acknowledged, and thanks for caring

Apex Spartan likes this

I have several questions and things:

1)Just like creating our characters, are we allowed to write our own backgrounds and reasons for existing in the world?

2)I want "book me" to have a mohawk. If you tell me that your world doesn't have a goddamn mohawks, i will CONQUER IT SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE MOHAWKS!

Jokes aside, i am also a writer, but i usually write shorter stories, my college (microelectronics) doesn't let me do much over the year considering the writing itself.

I have several questions and things:

1)Just like creating our characters, are we allowed to write our own backgrounds and reasons for existing in the world?

2)I want "book me" to have a mohawk. If you tell me that your world doesn't have a goddamn mohawks, i will CONQUER IT SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE MOHAWKS!

Jokes aside, i am also a writer, but i usually write shorter stories, my college (microelectronics) doesn't let me do much over the year considering the writing itself.

Did the middle ages had mohawks? i don't think so really...

You can put your own background story, and i somehow insert it in the book, you can have your own name (fitting the times, may be unique) your own job, life works, other than that...yeah a background story could be in.

One correction...i made a mistake because i forgot the damn word...(i have those dumb moments) 

Instead of mayor, you'll be the Lord of the lands

In addition, the lords will have 1-2 villages\farms as their own, but there's also the village elder, or the owner who will give taxes to the lord...well it's better than being butchered on the streets...or starving, so don't take the elder or owning too negative.

Did the middle ages had mohawks? i don't think so really...

It's an expansive period, and hair designs weren't documented for all countries and states in that time. The Native American Mohikans used a type of Mohawk during the wars they were in, so It's not unlikely they've used that for centuries before the white man came. The same could be said for some European territories.

Character: Q'eran Emaq

City: Vortin

Class: Mercenary

Weapon(s) of choice: Aqrok (Claymore)

Born in the city of Vortin, Q'eran comes from a long line of mercs called the Rominheim. They held no allegiance to good nor evil, only the right bidder. Many feared them, other's envied them. But one day, during a trek to their next target, the group was attacked out of nowhereby a group of assassin's called the Sas'iine. One by one  the Rominheim fell, until only one was left, Juras, mother of Q'eran. She knew there was no way of getting out alive and that all she could do is buy her only son time to run from the inevitable. Q'eran ran at his mother's request and got as far as his young legs could before he heard the sound no man, woman, and even a child should hear. He could not stop to lament his lost and continued to run for his life, stopping once he found a village out of sight from the Sas'iine. From that day onward Q'eran grew a hatred for all assassins and swore to his fallen family that he would avenge them and kill any and all assassins who dared to cross his path. Years passed, lessons were learned, and many a bone and muscle was toughened by the time Q'eran became a man. Once he came into adulthood, Q'eran returned to the land of mercs and assassins and began to start the Rominheim anew.

Apex Spartan and The Creator like this

Character: Q'eran Emaq

City: Vortin

Weapon(s) of choice: Aqrok (Claymore)

Born in the city of Vortin, Q'eran comes from a long line of mercs called the Rominheim. They held no allegiance to good nor evil, only the right bidder. Many feared them, other's envied them. But one day, during a trek to their next target, the group was attacked out of nowhereby a group of assassin's called the Sas'iine. One by one  the Rominheim fell, until only one was left, Juras, mother of Q'eran. She knew there was no way of getting out alive and that all she could do is buy her only son time to run from the inevitable. Q'eran ran at his mother's request and got as far as his young legs could before he heard the sound no man, woman, and even a child should hear. He could not stop to lament his lost and continued to run for his life, stopping once he found a village out of sight from the Sas'iine. From that day onward Q'eran grew a hatred for all assassins and swore to his fallen family that he would avenge them and kill any and all assassins who dared to cross his path. Years passed, lessons were learned, and many a bone and muscle was toughened by the time Q'eran became a man. Once he came into adulthood, Q'eran returned to the land of mercs and assassins and began to start the Rominheim anew.

Beautiful storyline for a character, i'm putting that in, that definitely will be in the third book (because of the assassins...) sorry that it goes that far to the last book, just the assassins aren't mentioned in the first two...actually i think i could put him in the first one if you would allow me to change some stuff about the storyline (the last few sentences).

It's an expansive period, and hair designs weren't documented for all countries and states in that time. The Native American Mohikans used a type of Mohawk during the wars they were in, so It's not unlikely they've used that for centuries before the white man came. The same could be said for some European territories.

You know what, you may put a mohawks, but you either come from Krifan, or from a different city, i may have use for him for some kind of classified information that few know about.

Not trying to be racist about that part, and sorry, but the middle age, well i may put racism in it...anyway, he is either a slave, bandit, or a warrior from a different land, which is unknown, but you may put your own name to it, but his fate will be in my hands, i have a plan for this kind of character...

Name: Fret Drenel
City: Craagan
Class: Merchant/Thief

Not a whole lot is known about Fret among most of the people who call Gardimon home. All that people know, and care to know, is that Fret Drenel is a fairly average merchant. Or, at the very least, he would be average, if not for his undeniable, and almost unbelievable, charm and wit. Despite his initial charm, though, people start to notice things when they're around Fret for any extended amount of time. Strange things.

It's not supernatural or paranormal; nothing of the sort! And people who know him, know that. It sure as hell(s?) seems like it sometimes, but it's a fact that isn't the case.

And what do these men and women notice? Well, if you'll allow me to go out of universe for a moment, you know how CEOs of various companies act? Watching them, let's say for example, announce a product, gives you an odd slimy feeling you can't shake off. Something about how inoffensive they act gives you a funny feeling. And you know, just know, that what they are saying has been spoon fed to them by PR guys. That's the vibe people get from Fret.

Why does Fret give off that vibe? Well, if you read what his class was, you can likely guess.

Basically, he's a thief. He steals many of his wares, and takes measures to make sure no one finds out. He even occasionally pulls cons, or sells worthless items for exorbitant prices. He's pretty much altogether just a slimy dick.

Also, to give him more integration with the plot, he's in cahoots with <insert evil organization here>. Obviously, this is not the sort of character you'd want traveling with your main characters. He is NOT a good guy. However, he's not over the top evil. Just corrupt, really. The only real reason he's even involved with <insert evil organization here> is because of his own greed. Could make for an interesting minor antagonist at one point, I suppose. Or perhaps you could have our heroes capture him at one point and use him for information on the evil organization. You're the author; you decide!

Beautiful storyline for a character, i'm putting that in, that definitely will be in the third book (because of the assassins...) sorry that it goes that far to the last book, just the assassins aren't mentioned in the first two...actually i think i could put him in the first one if you would allow me to change some stuff about the storyline (the last few sentences).

Sure dude, your book, just giving ya a character to work with.

Name: Fret Drenel

City: Craagan

Class: Merchant/Thief

Not a whole lot is known about Fret among most of the people who call Gardimon home. All that people know, and care to know, is that Fret Drenel is a fairly average merchant. Or, at the very least, he would be average, if not for his undeniable, and almost unbelievable, charm and wit. Despite his initial charm, though, people start to notice things when they're around Fret for any extended amount of time. Strange things.

It's not supernatural or paranormal; nothing of the sort! And people who know him, know that. It sure as hell(s?) seems like it sometimes, but it's a fact that isn't the case.

And what do these men and women notice? Well, if you'll allow me to go out of universe for a moment, you know how CEOs of various companies act? Watching them, let's say for example, announce a product, gives you an odd slimy feeling you can't shake off. Something about how inoffensive they act gives you a funny feeling. And you know, just know, that what they are saying has been spoon fed to them by PR guys. That's the vibe people get from Fret.

Why does Fret give off that vibe? Well, if you read what his class was, you can likely guess.

Basically, he's a thief. He steals many of his wares, and takes measures to make sure no one finds out. He even occasionally pulls cons, or sells worthless items for exorbitant prices. He's pretty much altogether just a slimy dick.

Also, to give him more integration with the plot, he's in cahoots with <insert evil organization here>. Obviously, this is not the sort of character you'd want traveling with your main characters. He is NOT a good guy. However, he's not over the top evil. Just corrupt, really. The only real reason he's even involved with <insert evil organization here> is because of his own greed. Could make for an interesting minor antagonist at one point, I suppose. Or perhaps you could have our heroes capture him at one point and use him for information on the evil organization. You're the author; you decide!

A good material for the second book 

Not saying he is going to be the main character there, but may be useful in that kind of book.

One stupid question everyone, sorry to putting it that way

If Joe would be in the story what kind of character you think he would be?

Just out of curiosity (we are his soldiers after all, so just to mess with this idea). 

One stupid question everyone, sorry to putting it that way

If Joe would be in the story what kind of character you think he would be?

Just out of curiosity (we are his soldiers after all, so just to mess with this idea). 

well he would obviously be a soldier in Gardimon, being the son of a soldier he wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps. Proud to be guarding the greatest treasury of all time, yet obsessing over the fact that his father died protecting it. He quickly rises through the ranks and moves to Theobald, fighting at the commanders side. Eventually he decides that justice must be brought to Krifan and Vortin and moves there to do his duty. he finds out that the commander of Theobald is protecting these two cities, getting a share from all the thieves and assassins in return, hoping to become wealthy and powerful enough to be crowned king. Joe is shocked at this plot. he rides back to Theobald and overcomes countless obstacles and near death experiences to defeat the Commander. He claims the now dead wannabe Kings title and founds a new army to protect all the cities. he names it AJSA and becomes the hero of the story.

you're welcome...

:P

The Creator likes this

well he would obviously be a soldier in Gardimon, being the son of a soldier he wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps. Proud to be guarding the greatest treasury of all time, yet obsessing over the fact that his father died protecting it. He quickly rises through the ranks and moves to Theobald, fighting at the commanders side. Eventually he decides that justice must be brought to Krifan and Vortin and moves there to do his duty. he finds out that the commander of Theobald is protecting these two cities, getting a share from all the thieves and assassins in return, hoping to become wealthy and powerful enough to be crowned king. Joe is shocked at this plot. he rides back to Theobald and overcomes countless obstacles and near death experiences to defeat the Commander. He claims the now dead wannabe Kings title and founds a new army to protect all the cities. he names it AJSA and becomes the hero of the story.

you're welcome...

:P

That was hilarious although really unfitting for the book completely, but funny short story...

Character: Bartholomew Kaur

City: ware ever you wish to put him

A harry guy with some basic leather armor and a bow that he wants to name but cant think a good one along side that rusty iron sword and a fancy knife that he swears he did not steel. He has been wandering the country side trying to make a name for himself to impress some lady he met in the capital a few years back, has been unsuccessful so far, too sympathetic to kill bandits, too slow to catch thieves and to paranoid to be a bodyguard. Most people tell him to give up on his stupid quest and that she is probably already marred to some noble or he should be a Merchant like his mother because he is much better and selling thing then slaying people. Typically he can be found daydreaming in fields, hunting squirrels to eat or loitering in the town's market. Also Bartholomew is a sucker for pretty ladies, do with that as you will and he needs to die in a unexplained way nothing to fancy, maybe attacked by a bear I don't know, but he has to die fighting.

That was hilarious although really unfitting for the book completely, but funny short story...

oh well, i tried. lol

Before I get started...

Dibs on bandit!

Also, who's Lobart? The protag? You kinda just threw his name out there...

Name: Rowan Giffard

City: Gardimon

Class: Scholar

An elder and well-respected scholar inside the city. Lived his whole life in Gardimon, learning as much as he can about the world. He was always a poor man, spending every dollar he earned on books and lectures.  He's always dreamed riches beyond his wildest imagination, and for the last six years, he has dreamed and plotted on how to steal from the treasury.

Before I get started...

Dibs on bandit!

Also, who's Lobart? The protag? You kinda just threw his name out there...

Just something for chapter one, village elder, let's say the whole journey for the hero begins from him...he won't be mentioned alot...