• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

The Creator

I'm writing a book series...Want to be in it?

52 posts in this topic

Character: Bartholomew Kaur

City: ware ever you wish to put him

Class: Mercenary

A harry guy with some basic leather armor and a bow that he wants to name but cant think a good one along side that rusty iron sword and a fancy knife that he swears he did not steel. He has been wandering the country side trying to make a name for himself to impress some lady he met in the capital a few years back, has been unsuccessful so far, too sympathetic to kill bandits, too slow to catch thieves and to paranoid to be a bodyguard. Most people tell him to give up on his stupid quest and that she is probably already marred to some noble or he should be a Merchant like his mother because he is much better and selling thing then slaying people. Typically he can be found daydreaming in fields, hunting squirrels to eat or loitering in the town's market. Also Bartholomew is a sucker for pretty ladies, do with that as you will and he needs to die in a unexplained way nothing to fancy, maybe attacked by a bear I don't know, but he has to die fighting.

I guess the knife you meant steal*

I have a place for a character like him, he will die in battle, just in a bit noble way, characters like have place.

Name: Rowan Giffard

City: Gardimon

Class: Scholar

An elder and well-respected scholar inside the city. Lived his whole life in Gardimon, learning as much as he can about the world. He was always a poor man, spending every dollar he earned on books and lectures.  He's always dreamed riches beyond his wildest imagination, and for the last six years, he has dreamed and plotted on how to steal from the treasury.

I may have a use for him, i just haven't think of something specific yet, it's probably better placed on the second book...

Ok not trying to spoil anything, took me the whole day, I finished the first chapter in this, and around 6 pages (4 pages on A4) on the second chapter.

And i'm telling you right now, i couldn't have it without you, you gave me inspiration to use, if you to give more, i would love to, there are still 4 cities and 9 villages names that must be offered, because i didn't want to block you so you could build your own fantasy city (that is fitting the book).

Because it's a book with your participation after all, and if you want to read it after all (when it's going to be finished) you probably would have wanted to have a huge effect on the writing.

I could invent them myself, because time is running and i'm using the whole vacation to it, so if you don't want to add your own cities or villages names i'll just do it myself, i could figure something out. i just love you all and again couldn't have done it without you.

(Apologies if this isn't too original... Although I have written short stories, this is the first time I'm creating a character of any sorts)

Character name: Averin Reir  *Ave for his friends* (Also the name of my char that i use in Tera Rising online)

City: Bluewynn (A possibility for a city? Could have some sort of rivalry with one of the four that you have mentioned yourself) (I leave the details of the city up to you)

Class: soldier/bard (warrior bard?) 

Weapon: sword / hidden blade (it is a fantasy story after all :P)

Clothing: light armor (leather?) with some sort of cloak

Traits: honest, kind, wise for his years, a bit of a rogue when it comes to the ladies

Weaknesses: fear of loss (due to the death of his parents), mistrust in people (due to his father's actions), injuries sustained during the war (leaving him slightly weakened?)

Physical features: Attractive in a rugged way (Sort of like Matt Bomer who plays the lead character in White Collar), Tall (6'1 or 6'2) , build is between lean and muscular (due to his time in the military), tan skin, slightly long brown hair (maybe till his neckline?), 6 o'clock aftershadow (mustache and beard).

Distinctive features: 2 inch long scar on the left side of his face (running from his eye till the top of his lip?), big scar on the chest close to the heart. The injury to his eye has caused it to change to a light almost whitish blue (his right eye is green). Uncommon accent for the area (RL influences could be florentine or parisian)

Backstory: Averin came from the poorer district of Bluewynn (coastal city?) and his father (unknown name??) was a small time merchant and mother (unknown name??) was a minstrel (rare but not unheard of) at a local tavern. In a drunken stupor Averin's father stabs his mother with a kitchen knife (not sure what else to call it) during a heated argument and ends up getting killed by the city guard while resisting arrest (Details can be changed).  Now an orphan and unable to pay the rent on the house, Averin is left on the streets with nothing but the clothes on his back and his mother's lute (guitar like instrument). Averin (now over the age of 16) seeking a life of granduer (something that he never had) signs up with the military and serves in two foreign campaigns (wherein he is injured (stabbed in the chest and cut across the eye) and is forced into an early retirement). Retaining the skills that he picked up in the few years as a soldier but now with no possibility of seeking fame or glory on the battlefield, Averin turns to the only other option that he has.. becoming a musician and bard like his mother. Travelling with nothing but a hidden blade (a weapon that he discovered during his time in the army... (weapon he was stabbed with)) and his mother's lute, Averin steals the hearts of women and empties men of their pockets and wives as he travels the countryside. 

He could possibly meet the main protagonist and his companions at some point along the protagonist's journey (Averin could be a short time companion?)/share a campsite?, etc.(Again up to you as the author). 

Meh...  I understand if my character seems too unrealistic... 

Chapter 2: "end of the line" is completed. Thanks for all the support, love you all.

However, like I said, I really like your idea. I will have to re-read your post again later because atm I'm really tired so I'm having trouble concentrating, but later I hope to have some good ideas to post and try to help you out. ;)

Had some ideas? i could use everything...mixing it up a bit.

Character: Q'eran Emaq

City: Vortin

Class: Mercenary

Weapon(s) of choice: Aqrok (Claymore)

Born in the city of Vortin, Q'eran comes from a long line of mercs called the Rominheim. They held no allegiance to good nor evil, only the right bidder. Many feared them, other's envied them. But one day, during a trek to their next target, the group was attacked out of nowhereby a group of assassin's called the Sas'iine. One by one  the Rominheim fell, until only one was left, Juras, mother of Q'eran. She knew there was no way of getting out alive and that all she could do is buy her only son time to run from the inevitable. Q'eran ran at his mother's request and got as far as his young legs could before he heard the sound no man, woman, and even a child should hear. He could not stop to lament his lost and continued to run for his life, stopping once he found a village out of sight from the Sas'iine. From that day onward Q'eran grew a hatred for all assassins and swore to his fallen family that he would avenge them and kill any and all assassins who dared to cross his path. Years passed, lessons were learned, and many a bone and muscle was toughened by the time Q'eran became a man. Once he came into adulthood, Q'eran returned to the land of mercs and assassins and began to start the Rominheim anew.

So far, your story had the most mentioned on chapter 1 and 2. Well the Rominheim story, i can't use the character just yet...he'll be there.

Don't worry everyone else, you all will have your share, i just could put his on those 2 with no problem.

Oh well, hope my char is able to make a cameo in your fantasy series... Can't wait to read it.. If you need any help with editing/proof reading, etc. Just pm me.

Oh well, hope my char is able to make a cameo in your fantasy series... Can't wait to read it.. If you need any help with editing/proof reading, etc. Just pm me.

Don't worry he will, either chapter 4 or 5 he'll come out.

I did put your city in the book, because no one else submitted names for the cities, i probably going to need some help with the grammar, because i suck XD

Thank you anyway for considering to join this and taking part in this.

Few more notes to everyone, i changed alot from what i wrote in the first time.

Gardimon is the capital city.

Theobald is at war against Bluewynn (Thank you chocokaran67)

Every city has its lord, except for Gardimon where the king lives.

Gardimon is neutral, its better for business.

Theobald, Vortin, Krifan and Craagan are northern cities against the south, Bluewynn, and some other names, will put them later.

Gardimon is in the center.

I think i mentioned everything, i guess. if something else will come up, i will notify you all, who is interested.

Everyone who supported me with this writing, i want to thank you all...i truly love you all, i love this community 

To show gratitude, i'm going to put most of the characters maybe all (those who fit more to the second\third book, will be mentioned then....) as a standalone chapter, showing their origin story, and to show more impact  on the protagonist, to show that he is not the only one i care for, i care for every character suggested here, and to give more information how they actually affect the story (they most likely will have a certain role...which few know about).

I hope i said everything above in the right way, again love you all, you were the only one supporting me in this project...

Unfortunately i'm kinda in a block right now...which means its going to take a while to reach your origin stories, i need to finish with the protagonist origin story to make him meet the characters you suggested.

Character: Tone the Jester {Real Name: Anton Vilaris}

City: Gardimon

Class: Jester

Weapon(s) of choice: Throwing/juggling Knives, Weighted juggling balls, catrops, acrobatic fighting

Anton Vilaris was raised to be a scholar by his father, the head scientist in charge of gunpowder research, to follow in his foot steps. Although Anton was very bright he would rather play pranks then study dusty old books. After an explosion in the lab, Anton slipped away and was presumed dead. Now he travels the country doing whatever brings a smile to his face.

I noticed a faulty in this sir. 

According to history Sweden had 4000 people living in that country in the middle ages and that was one of the five most powerful countries in Europe at the time, so i SUGGEST that you lower the population of every city a bit, and sorry for going off-topic. I was thinking because most people were farmers during the middle ages i'll add a farmer named Garreth or Eric, that comes along after a few chapters maybe as a side-character. He's a greedy man and wont be afraid to take a coin he finds on the ground and put it in his pouch. He's not fearless but he is not the most scared guy in the universe, he's quite strong because, you know he works at a farm and that can make a man quite strong. His family comes from the scandinavian countries (or something like it) and his mother's name is Hilda (or if you want something really medieval then maybe Tor-Hildur, yes it is a girls-name) and his father's name is Magnus or Lars. He had 7 siblings so 8 children in total and to this day only 3 remains (one of them Garreth/Eric). He can quite easily get sick, but recovers quickly. He owns the normal things that one must have at a farm, a hoe for his crops, (NOT A HOOKER) a mean old nasty knife/dagger/axe to butcher his animals, and that's quite it. That is my suggestion and have a good day. :D

The Creator likes this

I noticed a faulty in this sir. 

According to history Sweden had 4000 people living in that country in the middle ages and that was one of the five most powerful countries in Europe at the time, so i SUGGEST that you lower the population of every city a bit, and sorry for going off-topic. I was thinking because most people were farmers during the middle ages i'll add a farmer named Garreth or Eric, that comes along after a few chapters maybe as a side-character. He's a greedy man and wont be afraid to take a coin he finds on the ground and put it in his pouch. He's not fearless but he is not the most scared guy in the universe, he's quite strong because, you know he works at a farm and that can make a man quite strong. His family comes from the scandinavian countries (or something like it) and his mother's name is Hilda (or if you want something really medieval then maybe Tor-Hildur, yes it is a girls-name) and his father's name is Magnus or Lars. He had 7 siblings so 8 children in total and to this day only 3 remains (one of them Garreth/Eric). He can quite easily get sick, but recovers quickly. He owns the normal things that one must have at a farm, a hoe for his crops, (NOT A HOOKER) a mean old nasty knife/dagger/axe to butcher his animals, and that's quite it. That is my suggestion and have a good day. :D

Well thank you for your character post...

It's a fantasy book, so i'm not here to deliver a history lesson here...in addition, the first time i wrote this thread it was a general plan, i didn't think of every detail through and i made alot of changes since then.. I agree i may put too many population on each city, the population has decreased.

Anyway thanks for the replay, every post is appreciated...

MaxterG likes this

When does it come out? Your book I mean, can't wait to read it. By the way, what's the name for the book?

When does it come out? Your book I mean, can't wait to read it. By the way, what's the name for the book?

When? well it's in progress at the moment...probably during the summer, not sure about that fact, depends on how long it will take for me to finish writing it. 

Name...well...

I'm calling it

"The Eye" - _____ [insert second title here XD]

Just kidding, well the main title remains, but i'm still thinking about a second title...

Maybe i'll figure something out when i'll finish it...

There will be three books, three ideas that were developed, funny how i got a semi title for them, but i can't find for the first one...oh well we'll see.

Alright this might be long as since I've thought or making and RPG so I have a couple characters in mind so I hope you don't mind me putting down two characters.

Also is this in the style of European middle ages or what ( I made my names in that style, feel free that alter-change them)

Also I've noticed that you haven't made a trade-based city and because one of my characters is a merchant I think he should in a city like that. I made a city name but feel free to change it.

Name= Cheswyck Wyanns

Occupation= Caption of city Guard in Gardimon

Appearance= He is a middle aged man, short brown-black hair, slightly muscular, a faint scar on left side of his neck.

Short Bio = Cheswyck is the caption of the guard and he takes his job very seriously. He never married and moved from his family farm when he was young so he doesn't really have anyone to talk to. He also hates mercenaries and thieves of any kind and thinks they should hang all thieves they find. He hates mercenaries because he finds them dishonorable and greedy. He has a special blueish toned war axe that he found of a dead thief that he took for his own. Cheswyck doesn't trust travelers or adventures as well, finding them to mysterious and only in it for the money and wenches.

Character 2

Name= Adeb Cenen

Location= Taren ( like I said change it or leave it out as you see fit) 

Occupation= Merchant/smuggler/trader

Appearance= Adeb has light blonde hair that goes down to his shoulders, young- in his early 20s, green eyes, fairly good looking

Short Bio= Adeb was the son of a powerful merchant. His father died 4 years earlier and with him went his fortune. Adeb had to sell on his belongings and buy trade caravel to keep himself afloat. Adeb has also acted part smuggler in recent years to help, as there are more powerful trade families trying to edge him out and get pay back for the damages his father did to their businesses. He smuggles all kinds of people and items and has gotten good at hiding things in with cargo and knows secret bays and places to land far away from the eyes of the law.     

The Creator likes this

Alright this might be long as since I've thought or making and RPG so I have a couple characters in mind so I hope you don't mind me putting down two characters.

Also is this in the style of European middle ages or what ( I made my names in that style, feel free that alter-change them)

Also I've noticed that you haven't made a trade-based city and because one of my characters is a merchant I think he should in a city like that. I made a city name but feel free to change it.

Name= Cheswyck Wyanns

Occupation= Caption of city Guard in Gardimon

Appearance= He is a middle aged man, short brown-black hair, slightly muscular, a faint scar on left side of his neck.

Short Bio = Cheswyck is the caption of the guard and he takes his job very seriously. He never married and moved from his family farm when he was young so he doesn't really have anyone to talk to. He also hates mercenaries and thieves of any kind and thinks they should hang all thieves they find. He hates mercenaries because he finds them dishonorable and greedy. He has a special blueish toned war axe that he found of a dead thief that he took for his own. Cheswyck doesn't trust travelers or adventures as well, finding them to mysterious and only in it for the money and wenches.

Character 2

Name= Adeb Cenen

Location= Taren ( like I said change it or leave it out as you see fit) 

Occupation= Merchant/smuggler/trader

Appearance= Adeb has light blonde hair that goes down to his shoulders, young- in his early 20s, green eyes, fairly good looking

Short Bio= Adeb was the son of a powerful merchant. His father died 4 years earlier and with him went his fortune. Adeb had to sell on his belongings and buy trade caravel to keep himself afloat. Adeb has also acted part smuggler in recent years to help, as there are more powerful trade families trying to edge him out and get pay back for the damages his father did to their businesses. He smuggles all kinds of people and items and has gotten good at hiding things in with cargo and knows secret bays and places to land far away from the eyes of the law.     

Thank you for your post, and i'll take in mind with the city name

Few questions though because my English isn't great, or you just misspelled which is ok, because again my English isn't that good...or i missunderstood, well if you can answer those...that would clear that up.

What is caption of the guards? did you mean captain?

What is caravel? did you mean caravan?

And one question just to see if you don't mind changing some of them...

The merchant one, Adeb, does someone like could work with Krifan, because if he smuggles goods and people (which probably means slaves) i guess Krifan is one of his best clients, wouldn't you agree?

And for protocol, because again i forgot to put alot of details...Gardimon is the capital, it has the greatest treasury, which means it trades with all the cities, and because of the war, it makes even greater fortune, supporting without interfering (I mean sending troops).

But now with that information that you gave me about the fact there's no trade-base city, you actually gave me a way to fix chapter 3, no spoilers yet, wait till i'll finish...

Thank you for your post, and i'll take in mind with the city name

Few questions though because my English isn't great, or you just misspelled which is ok, because again my English isn't that good...or i missunderstood, well if you can answer those...that would clear that up.

What is caption of the guards? did you mean captain?

What is caravel? did you mean caravan?

And one question just to see if you don't mind changing some of them...

The merchant one, Adeb, does someone like could work with Krifan, because if he smuggles goods and people (which probably means slaves) i guess Krifan is one of his best clients, wouldn't you agree?

And for protocol, because again i forgot to put alot of details...Gardimon is the capital, it has the greatest treasury, which means it trades with all the cities, and because of the war, it makes even greater fortune, supporting without interfering (I mean sending troops).

But now with that information that you gave me about the fact there's no trade-base city, you actually gave me a way to fix chapter 3, no spoilers yet, wait till i'll finish...

To clarify your questions

1. I did mean captain of the guard, I just spelt it wrong. So yeah captain not caption  

2. I did mean to use caravel, not caravan. A caravel was a light weight, fast trading ship. I should have specified that it was a ship.

3. And for the question about Krifan and Adeb, yes do what ever you want. I would like to point out that the Adeb I had in mind only smuggled because he needed money, so he would smuggle slaves he just would be super happy about it.

Thanks for reading. 

To clarify your questions

1. I did mean captain of the guard, I just spelt it wrong. So yeah captain not caption  

2. I did mean to use caravel, not caravan. A caravel was a light weight, fast trading ship. I should have specified that it was a ship.

3. And for the question about Krifan and Adeb, yes do what ever you want. I would like to point out that the Adeb I had in mind only smuggled because he needed money, so he would smuggle slaves he just would be super happy about it.

Thanks for reading. 

Well those two characters seems to fit, but they will only appear, most likely...

The captain in the second book, and the merchant at the third, thank you for your submission anyway...

Well those two characters seems to fit, but they will only appear, most likely...

The captain in the second book, and the merchant at the third, thank you for your submission anyway...

Thanks for letting me contribute to you're books.

Is my character gonna be in the book?

Sorry for late response, i was thinking where to put him, but it seems he'll be in the second book.

Thank you for your submission, sorry again for the late response, took me several days to think where he would fit...

Chapter 4: "Fear and Hope" is completed

Chapter 5: "The Arena" will be ready soon 

Note: name of the chapters may change...