• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alabast

Informational platform, feedback received, thread v.1, GO!

13 posts in this topic

So, I've been working on my twitch channel, streaming a bit, in-houses, tourney, etc, and gotten feedback regarding my content.

The goal of my twitch channel is to have the highlighted material to be informational & educational, a source of help & maybe even some new tricks for the AJSA DotA2 community. I'm still working on making the content broader, possible theme shows, themes for actual live streams etc, set times for streams so it would be easier for people that wish to watch it for whatever reason to check in.

Now, the goal of this thread is to get all of you a say in this! It will possibly be re-made as a permanent hot topic later on, depending on success & some other factors, but to begin with this is where you dump suggestions, feedback, content wishes, or just generally poke my interest.

Random streams will occur almost daily, these being mostly general gameplay of my own, mostly afternoon & evenings, but any actual important content will be highlighted, so that people don't have to watch it live. If things get rolling I'll see if I can't get a set time for a couple of days a week where I live stream casted guide content, and naturally the theme is largely up to YOUR wishes and suggestions. The development of content is to a great extent in your hands!

Thank you all for interest shown so far, keep doing what you're doing because quite clearly, as a community we keep getting ahead!

And so to end it all, the reason for this all:  www.twitch.tv/shavingryan

-Alabast

It's really nice to see the DOTA 2 community here is so active and growing.

Keep it up guys!

It's really nice to see the DOTA 2 community here is so active and growing.

Keep it up guys!

We're only getting bigger and better!

Also it's great to see more people giving their time to help out the Community, wether it be through streaming, coaching or anything else. This is something I can get behind :)

Variloh likes this

We're only getting bigger and better!

Also it's great to see more people giving their time to help out the Community, wether it be through streaming, coaching or anything else. This is something I can get behind :)

I've noticed indeed, although I don't play the game I jump in from time to time to see what's happening here. Might start playing it eventually idk :P

mrfool likes this

I've noticed indeed, although I don't play the game I jump in from time to time to see what's happening here. Might start playing it eventually idk :P

Always plenty of people online, I'm sure you'd find someone to play with

This is good, but i think we should make a topic that would include a videos from several players, not necessarily streams, but for example, players could record videos and then upload. It would be a great library to study from.

Ok so il do the first request. Back in the day *Old voice* when i played dota 1, my best friend always played juggernaught. I never played him and am takeing him up now, how about a vid or playsesion regarding some upper strats for jugger? Also, referencing back to my Dota 1 days, clinkz was one of my favorite heroes. Id like to see you guys wreck house with him, WITHOUT useing Orchid or Dedaus (tee hee).

Well thats all ..............**Flashback of Dota 2 Tourny**

***Sees TBA team playing vs Nova....Variloyolo....Valerie....**

I DEMAND DAZZLE, MID, HARD CARRY! DAGON DAZZLE #REPENT

This is good, but i think we should make a topic that would include a videos from several players, not necessarily streams, but for example, players could record videos and then upload. It would be a great library to study from.

Allright, we're getting started. I think what you're after is a decent idea, but to open-source (the material comes unfiltered from the masses) would defeat the purpose of the educational & informational side of this service for the community, since quality and relevance of the material could not be properly supervised.

I do however like the idea in general so tell you what, how does this sound. I would schedule a set time on let's say for example wednesday, (aka 19:00 GMT every wednesday) when I would live cast a commentory on 2-3 replays that people have sent me, ones that I've chosen after checking the viewer value of the content. That way the whole community could get a chance to showcase something interesting they've experienced etc, and we could probably still keep the intended value of the content at a decent level. 

We can try this out, and I'll schedule the day for this week to Friday at 19:00 GMT (check up on this post, I may update time & date) to get a test run. What I ask for content-wise then is that people send me their content suggestions, of which I at my own discretion will choose the material to stream. The message should contain the following:

1. Player name

2. Match ID

3. Hero played & Lane

4. What the interesting thing about this game was (aka you did well, your team did a huge comeback you don't understand, their team maybe did something sick etc). Please note that we're not looking for just general "hey look mah pubstomp sick gaem i raepz all of dem", there should be a valid point of interest in the game.

Send the info as a message through the forums or to my community management e-mail > alabast.AJSA@outlook.com

Keep in mind match IDs expire, so it would be good if the matches suggested would have occured the same week the next episode of the show is aired.

Thank you for the input, let's keep it going, and I'll keep you updated on this suggestions progress and the general evolution of this service which, do keep in mind, was created to provide help & entertainment for the whole community.

mrfool and Sundaecat like this

All I feel i can say is good luck and hope that it works out :)

Allright, we're getting started. I think what you're after is a decent idea, but to open-source (the material comes unfiltered from the masses) would defeat the purpose of the educational & informational side of this service for the community, since quality and relevance of the material could not be properly supervised.

I do however like the idea in general so tell you what, how does this sound. I would schedule a set time on let's say for example wednesday, (aka 19:00 GMT every wednesday) when I would live cast a commentory on 2-3 replays that people have sent me, ones that I've chosen after checking the viewer value of the content. That way the whole community could get a chance to showcase something interesting they've experienced etc, and we could probably still keep the intended value of the content at a decent level. 

We can try this out, and I'll schedule the day for this week to Friday at 19:00 GMT (check up on this post, I may update time & date) to get a test run. What I ask for content-wise then is that people send me direct messages on this forum with their content suggestions, of which I at my own discretion will choose the material to stream. The message should contain the following:

1. Player name

2. Match ID

3. Hero played & Lane

4. What the interesting thing about this game was (aka you did well, your team did a huge comeback you don't understand, their team maybe did something sick etc). Please note that we're not looking for just general "hey look mah pubstomp sick gaem i raepz all of dem", there should be a valid point of interest in the game.

Keep in mind match IDs expire, so it would be good if the matches suggested would have occured the same week the next episode of the show is aired.

Thank you for the input, let's keep it going, and I'll keep you updated on this suggestions progress and the general evolution of this service which, do keep in mind, was created to provide help & entertainment for the whole community.

Seems like a perfect idea, good luck! I'll be watching for sure.

Cool beans!
Quick question; will there be animetalk? Otherwise I don't think I'll care :/

Jokes aside, check it out boys. Alabast is an ok guy.

Cool beans!

Quick question; will there be animetalk? Otherwise I don't think I'll care :/

Jokes aside, check it out boys. Alabast is an ok guy.

Special Derwisj Seal of Approval "...an ok guy."

Sundaecat likes this

Special Derwisj Seal of Approval "...an ok guy."

There is no greater honor than to get the sacred seal of okayness from Derwisj, so Alabast is the okayest guy of them all.

More to the point, the idea itself sounds great. It could be used to help newer players understand what the hell is going on in certain teamfights, or how an AA ult somehow killed them in a fountain (Seriously, I've met players who don't understand how AA works yet) (For clarification, AA ult prevents healing, deals damage over time and causes you to explode if you fall below a certain HP threshold) which sounds like a wonderful idea.

I give it my seal of awesomeness (Doesn't mean jack, but at least you got it :P