• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BoB Dolen

Features you think the game needs.

23 posts in this topic

Thoughts?

I feel the game needs to add in nameplates and minimap (know about the addon)

Dragons. And Cheese. Cheese for everyone!

On a serious note I would love to see player housing implemented. It was a staple feature of the single player franchise and allowed players to display their own achievements by putting their favorite armor sets, weapons and items in a verity of ways. And that was kind of a big deal even for a single player game. With the advent of multiplayer I can only imagine how much potential such a feature could have with the ability to showcase your little slice of Tameriel to your friends and your guildmates. Though with progression mitigated by story progression that would limit zones you could "build on". Perhaps when new zones are opened they have property that can be purchased by players or guilds which allow them to use as a base of operations with storage, crafting hubs and vendors as well as its own wayshrine.

Houseing would be nice if they could find a way to implement it correctly.  I don't have a problem letting the modding community handle Name plates and minimap.  I usually downloaded a mod to replace the stock ones anyways.

I would like to see chest and gathering mats be per player and not fist come first server. 

Housing is the only thing I care about .... with mannequins.

I like to keep sets of armour I like but can't due to my bank, bank alts and current bags being filled with bloody crafting mats.

No downtime for maintenance. Guild Wars has been doing it for ten years now, surely ESO with all its technology can do it too.

Edit: Major security bugs are the exception to this of course.

More emotes, you can NEVER have enough.

But what I would like the most is a way to keep non combat pets in a collection so they can be summoned without consuming inventory space.

emeraldeye likes this

Yes inventory is an issue!   Loved how GW2 did their whole inventory system.

JTSJ likes this

what this game really needs is speech bubbles for the Say channel.

it would bring so much more immersion to the game

emeraldeye likes this

what this game really needs is speech bubbles for the Say channel.

it would bring so much more immersion to the game

Only if they can be turned off...

Personally I hate them, they bug the ever living crap out of me.

Houseing would be nice if they could find a way to implement it correctly.

I would like to see chest and gathering mats be per player and not fist come first server. 

Lord of the Rings had houses, and except for the additional chest storeage, they really didn't add much to the game. Oh sure, the OCD among us had to gather all the trophies to populate the house, but outside of trophies from quests it was really just a gold sink. We already have gold sinks for increasing bag/bank sizes. Even allowing the purchasing of crafting tables, I'm guessing we couldn't just teleport back for free, so the gold expenses just keep going up for things you can get from a town already.

Now your material gathering divided to per player...that would be nice. But then the only alternative for the Dev's would be to put huge respawn timers on everything so you couldn't go back to re-gather in a 12 or 24 hour period or the market would be flooded with mats.

Nameplates:

Sure i could see that happen. Surprised there isnt a toggle option in the game to turn them on/off.

Minimap:

Don't need it, don't want it. What i have heard there are add ons for a minimap option. So i doubt ZOS will implement it.

Housing:

Could be fun, if done right. LOTRO had housing villages that were instanced and you would pay rent per week to keep the house and you go crazy with decorating ect. Fun for 2 weeks but got boring really quickly and you only had a house for the extra storage space. The villages always seemed dead.

I doubt ZOS will add any sandbox element to 'build' your own house. 

I could see them go down the route of having 1 or 2 or 3 houses (costing differently) in the main town that everyone uses and your house will be a separate instance. Like in SWTOR when using your own starship.

Another option is just a guild house. Maybe something like Age of Conan where guilds assault each others guild fort?

Speech bubbles:

Doubt that ZOS will put it in the game. In my opinion it makes games look so cheesy. If they do then i hope there will be a toggle on/off option.

Mount customization:

I would like to see something like this, colour/patterns/armour/sound/emotes/naming but i doubt they will because buying mounts is going to be one of the big money makers for the cash shop.

The other thing I would like is proper subtitles. I have trouble understanding the dialogue sometimes, and I can't understand at all what's said when the prophet goes into his echo-y mode like the first harborage quest. Yes I can turn on NPC's in the chat box, but that can get lost if there's a whole lot of other talking/spamming going on. It's an accessibility option that should be available! Even SWTOR has it!

Nameplates:

Sure i could see that happen. Surprised there isnt a toggle option in the game to turn them on/off.

There was a toggle option for that in the beta, but it was never allowed to actually work, it was just a switch which did nothing. So, I guess they were thinking about adding it in, but decided not to for....whatever reason...even though many players wanted it :P  

Nameplates:

Minimap:

Don't need it, don't want it. What i have heard there are add ons for a minimap option. So i doubt ZOS will implement it.

Housing:

Could be fun, if done right. LOTRO had housing villages that were instanced and you would pay rent per week to keep the house and you go crazy with decorating ect. Fun for 2 weeks but got boring really quickly and you only had a house for the extra storage space. The villages always seemed dead.

I doubt ZOS will add any sandbox element to 'build' your own house. 

I could see them go down the route of having 1 or 2 or 3 houses (costing differently) in the main town that everyone uses and your house will be a separate instance. Like in SWTOR when using your own starship.

Another option is just a guild house. Maybe something like Age of Conan where guilds assault each others guild fort?

Speech bubbles:

Doubt that ZOS will put it in the game. In my opinion it makes games look so cheesy. If they do then i hope there will be a toggle on/off option.

Mount customization:

I would like to see something like this, colour/patterns/armour/sound/emotes/naming but i doubt they will because buying mounts is going to be one of the big money makers for the cash shop.

I would never doubt ZOS to try and implement any feature if the idea has a strong popular opinion behind it and they just make it a toggle option.

I could very much see them adding Mount customization.....as a feature of the cash shop

There was a toggle option for that in the beta, but it was never allowed to actually work, it was just a switch which did nothing. So, I guess they were thinking about adding it in, but decided not to for....whatever reason...even though many players wanted it :P  

It was because of the purist minority sadly who had no solid argument against it.

I don't think there should be a minimap, it distracts from the world and just knowing places and directions too much in my opinion.

I do hope there will be player housing implemented eventually. And I hope it has more value other than decorating and storage.

Also, right-click on player name/account that gives the option  to invite to group is a need, especially for Cyrodiil.

Right-click on equipped helm to have an option to hide it would be very nice as well. I understand having it in Settings works well for console, but I think a little more mouse functionality should be there for PC. 

This isn't necessarily a feature but the cost of armor repair from vendors need to be lowered and base gold income should be raised a bit. 

I really hope the use of sprites and basic geometry/images will be lessened in the future. I understand the grass sprites and cloud sprites do well for compatibility and performance but with everything maxed, the game doesn't tax my machine as much as I expected(GTX 780, i5 2500K, 8GB RAM)..Which is good but it also means that a lot more could be implemented.  

Also SMAA or TXAA would be nice. 

Some other Nvidia graphic systems would be really cool as well, like HBAO+

An increase in the max render distance, especially with foliage would be amazing as well and in my opinion, much needed.

Heavier and more noticeable rain would be very nice as well. I can see and hear a big storm but I only see it lightly raining/sprinkling..

Better GeForce Exp. support would be nice. 

I think the ability to see what armor I have equipped or at least the pop-up comparison window for gear should be in the crafting UI somehow. I wouldn't want it to clutter the UI but it would be very nice to compare stats, traits,  enchantments and such in the crafting UI/system itself instead of exiting and looking in my inventory and then exiting that and opening up crafting again..

That's all I can think of at the moment..

But I am still very impressed with ESO and will continue to play and experience it for a very long time. It's a fantastic game in my opinion and The Elder Scrolls Online is the MMORPG that I have been waiting for since Runescape.

oh i gotta good one, auto /ignore /bug reports for gold spammers, and delete all that person (or bots) chat from your chat log after you file said report.

Yayap7 likes this

I don't think there should be a minimap, it distracts from the world and just knowing places and directions too much in my opinion.

It would really help with not distracting. I had to download the mod because I was constantly checking the full sized map......which was annoying as all get out.

Top o'me head:

What the game needs / what I'd like to see is a full scrub-down of the bugs and 'features' in the UI:

Just a few examples of simple crap I'm really getting tired of seeing (and hearing)....

1.) That dramatic musical chord and my 'toon spinning to face me every time I open the map and inventory, or hit the escape key.

Sure, I understand the spin on Inventory, but stop the other triggers, and cut that damned musical chord out.

There are times that my screen gets stuck and I lose control of my 'toon, especially in battle.  I can move forward or back, but can't turn to face an attacker.  I've got to mash keys to regain control again, and that spin/chord makes me just want to punch kittens.

2.) And whats up with the map sliding to the other side of the area in the window when you try to mouse-drag it an inch.  It slides cpmpletely out of view with the merest touch sometimes.

3.) Is it really that hard to kill the gold spammer accounts in the chat window and the mailbox?

4.) The crabs walking around at a 45* angle - one side down in the ground, the other lifted off the ground a few inches is getting to be an indication of a bad day, for me.

5.) Why can't I jump onto anything taller than knee-height?  I try to jump on a box, or a rock, and my 'toon swooshes 4 feet to the left or right like I got clocked by a giant invisible flyswatter.  I've got to hike leagues around a freakin mountain or hill to get to an event?  I can't trudge up a mountain pass that's usually visible but unscalable?  I know there are impediments to keep it interesting, sure, but I should be able to climb a mountain in 4 minutes that it takes me 5 minutes to ride around.

6.) I'd like to walk my horse through water deeper than knee deep, too.  I'm not asking to swim the ocean,  but water that doesn't reach her belly ought not cause her to dematerialize.

7.) I'd like to see that suggestion above about custom paint or pinto markings and patterns on horses implimented.

8.) I'd  just like to be able to walk my horse, too.   Really.

Derp.

The game is good but it needs

1. Housing because it feels more realistic and will bring back memories of skyrim. Put a forge alchemy table and enchantment table in the house

2. The ability to steal and pick up more things. It immerses you more in the game but it also needs a crime system with the thievery

You shall never see player houses, despite how cool it would be.... actually MAYBE they could put them in Cyrodiil, but only if they allowed enemy forces to destroy them when located to ensure the map dosn't get covered in houses :P

I mean like 1 room shacks, not a damn keep to yourself :P