• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SnapDragon432

The Last of Us: Remastered isn't a Rip-off, and here's why

16 posts in this topic

So, I've been reading on the internet on how people think that The Last of Us: Remastered is a rip-off; the reasons they give are that it only came out a year ago and that this is a cash in, it doesn't add anything and is the same game, and just isn't worth it. I can kinda understand where they're coming from. The Last of Us did come out last year, and it may be the same game in multiple ways, but I think remastering it for the PS4 is a smart move. Why? Well, let me tell you. Many people chose to go with the Xbox 360 instead of the PS3 last gen- since The Last of Us is a PS3 exclusive, a lot of people with 360s were angry/sad that they couldn't play it after seeing reviews and hearing other people talk about it. I went with the PS3, so I was able to play The Last of Us when it came out last year. It's a fact that many people switched from Xbox to Playstation after the PS4 was lauded as a better console by multiple medias (I agree with this, but I don't really have anything against the Xbox One anymore) and after Microsoft made fools of themselves with the whole DRM "can't just change it with a press of a button but oh wait we did it anyway lol forgive us plz" thing. So, the people who missed out on it last gen with 360s that switched to the PS4 will now be able to experience it in remastered form. I'm quite happy that people who missed out on it will be able to experience it; The Last of Us was my favorite last gen game and might be my favorite game of all time (not just saying that, I'm serious). This youtube video sums up my points pretty well, if you're interested: 

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=WjygJVe74i4&list=PLbY_5wK1oQipwWPwewl7HcFmUDYiu5NJE

Helghast8689 likes this

Video links to a 404 for me, but from what I understand is that you are saying that its not a rip off since people are switching from xbox to ps?

It's not a ripoff if you never bought it before on PS3. I think it's a brilliant idea for new PS4 owners that never got to play it. If you own it on PS3 already, then I don't see the point in buying it again. They didn't release this version for those folks in particular.

SnapDragon432 likes this

It's not a ripoff if you never bought it before on PS3. I think it's a brilliant idea for new PS4 owners that never got to play it. If you own it on PS3 already, then I don't see the point in buying it again. They didn't release this version for those folks in particular.

And it might be YouTube, but I don't see much of an improvement in visuals, despite saying it'll be 1080p and is being targeted for 60fps. Unless the short footage shown was from the ps3 version, but I don't think that was the case.

Quite simply, this isn't a ripoff because it comes with 30 bucks worth of DLC, was being worked on for almost a year, and was an exclusive (unlike Tomb Raider). There are so many people who came to the PS4 from Xbox 360 (me included) who would die to play this, so it would be insane for them not to release it. Talk about a system seller to other Xbox converts...

Even if it was a rip-off, I'd still get it on the PS4. I didn't get around to buying it on the PS3 because I already have a big backlog of games but a friend has continued to nag me into playing it so why not go with the better version of it?

And it might be YouTube, but I don't see much of an improvement in visuals, despite saying it'll be 1080p and is being targeted for 60fps. Unless the short footage shown was from the ps3 version, but I don't think that was the case.

I don't think they have released PS4 footage of it yet. I know in an interview  they did with naughty dog, they used PS3 footage

I don't think they have released PS4 footage of it yet. I know in an interview  they did with naughty dog, they used PS3 footage

There is footage in Playstation's announcement trailer. But really its only 10 seconds long, and its not enough to really get a feel for the changes.

Bltsandwich980 likes this

^ I don't know why anyone would consider it to be a rip off.

Im realy happy that the last of us is coming to ps4 and no this is not a rip off, this is 1 of the best games of years and just what the SnapDragon432 saying about the xbox players that no have the ps4 can finnely play the last of us, so this is realy a good move from sony 

I am really excited foe this game, and its not a rip off with the dlc's and improve graphics its so worth it. Never played it on ps3 I was a xbox person at the time but im really excited to play it on ps4 I belive its going to be great

Helghast8689 likes this

I didn't play it. I watch the twobestfriendsplay guys play it. Might as well get it for my PS4.

Who exactly is this supposed to be ripping off?  The people who haven't bought the game or people who have?  I can't imagine any rational person could see this as a ripoff.  It just opens the game up to a newer and wider audience.

I platinumed this on Ps3 so really is a waist of time and money having again

I haven't got the chance to play Last of Us on my PS3 back then because i was saving up for a PS4 back then, now i have to chance to play it ! 

For me I started the game but did not finish it, so this will be picked up again because I really want to complete this game.