• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BoringMan

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel (My Thoughts)

19 posts in this topic

Borderlands: the pre-sequel was announced a few days ago and I have to say i'm very excited. As a read the comments of the only released gameplay footage I see a lot of people don't agree, and i see why. The game looks identical to borderlands 2 and most of the gameplay looks like the previous title as well, But you have to take this game as fan service. Its just to tie over fans of the franchise until they release borderlands 3. If they ever do. I personally am going to treat it like Batman Arkaham : origins. because there very similar. There both a tie over and an origin story. people who just tagged along for borderlands 2 probably wont get this title but fans of the original and 2 this will be a must buy. I just hope it wont be a flop. 

please check out my youtube where I will be doing a full walkthrough of the game once it is released

https://www.youtube.com/user/NickBoormanTV

Dyzzles and Star Wars HQ like this

Ive seen alot of people compare to origins but origins is the same setting with a different story and a much shorter amount gameplay. This is a different story and setting with either a little bit less or the same amount of gameplay as Borderlands 2. Plus 4 new characters,new enemy designs,and new in game mechanics. Then after that were more than likely going to get 4 more story DLC atleast since its Borderlands and maybe 2-4 new DLC characters.  As long as its balanced and UVHM actually balanced this game should rock. Now the one thing that will piss me off about this game is if they make the max level 50 because we all know there going to increase the level to 72 or higher so it should be included instead of Gearbox having us pay for it.

Hazeshot and AxeWorld like this

Nah, don't listen to the haters.  It's Borderlands!  It's going to be about the gameplay, characters, and story.  No matter what, even if the gameplay mechanics are the same (which is a good thing in this case), it is going to be fun experiencing the new stories.  See, this is what I think of Assassin's Creed.  Every AC game has very similar gameplay mechanics that keep improving, but a new environment, characters, and story.  Which can be good for the most part.

Same thing with this game

I find Borderlands to be the Marmite of gaming, either you love it, or you don't. I think if you love it, like me, this'll be great. The minor characters becoming playable sounds pretty fun (Claptrap as a playable character will keep me entertained for weeks, anyway XD), and the story has a chance to be more than "4 dudes in search of treasure". I just hope they don't start pumping out TOO MUCH Borderlands. With the Telltale Games one coming out, it's easy to see why some people might get tired of the franchise.

If you don't like Borderlands, this'll just kind of pass you by it, I'm guessing jokes about midgets and penises aren't your thing. Granted, that's about half the internet right there, but no judging :P

Mikechang likes this

There just buying time for Borderlands 3 there not going to be pumping this games out like COD. I imagine B3 will be  somewhere from 2015-2017 so with the telltale game and this plus all the DLC we should be able to last atleast until mid to late 2015. Then after half a year or so of missing Borderlands we start to see Borderlands 3 trailer building up the hyp.  Bordelands 3 will have a new engine better graphics,better story,new characters,new weapon types and manufacturers, etc.

So gonna be getting this on. By the way did someone checked out the new DLC Sir Hammerlock Versus The Son of Crawmerax? I wonder if i must download this one. After Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep i was a little bored with the Headhunter packs.

http://youtu.be/NSUQ1JwJq0k

Hazeshot likes this

From what ive heard and seen son of Crawmerax was the best out of all the $3 headhunter packs.

From what ive heard and seen son of Crawmerax was the best out of all the $3 headhunter packs.

Really..? I played it 2 days ago. It was ok, but short. The he Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler was really really short, except for the Granda Torque storytelling.  :blink:

In terms of difficulty it was the best the other headhunter packs were way to easy.

For some strange reason, I played borderlands 2 and I didn't enjoy it. I played like the first few hours and I thought it was boring. I mean clap trap was funny at times and the weapons and the upgrades were sort of cool, I just don't understand the big deal. Even though tons of people I have talked to have all loved the borderlands series, so with reguards to the prequel, I don't think I will be picking it up. But that's just me, I don't know.

I'm not sure they went the right direction with Borderlands the pre-sequal but but will be interesting with the new weapons types and oxygen system but the game play looks the same. I won't be picking it up at lunch but when the price goes down and I cop it off Amazon. And I don't believe this is a filler like origins cause knowledge of this game coming out has been out for like 2 years now

It looks interesting enough. I just hope its not like the ratchet&clank "epiloge" game that I bought. What a waste.

I'm looking forward to playing the Pre-Sequel. I am currently going through 2 but I also have 1 I need to finish. I wuv my Psycho so much. He is like the 3rd comming of Broly. I can't wait to play as Wilhelm. I took a look at Athena's gameplay but I am not digging her action skill too much. Maybe it is more awesome than I saw but I prefer slaughtering my enemy with rage, not soaking up their damage and throwing it back at them. The new oxygen system and cryo weapons look cool. I will probably pick it up when it comes out.

Most definitely getting this. Maybe not at launch but definitely down the line.

I love Borderlands 2 so I'll definitely pick this one up (If only so I can play as Claptrap) :P

At least we can finally see the moonbase now, so many people wanted to do that in 2. I just hope there's a DLC that includes the characters from the second game coming to destroy/capture it.

It looks interesting enough. I just hope its not like the ratchet&clank "epiloge" game that I bought. What a waste.

I like that game though :(

I might get this. I'm still trying to finish the dlc for borderlands 2. I just hope the game isn't full priced.

I like Borderlands 2 as well, thought the game was awesome. Just hope that this one will be just as good if not better

As a big fan of Borderlands 2, I will most likely be buying this game probably during a Christmas sale.  I saw gameplay footage and I really like some of the features that it had to offer (Oxygen levels, cryo weapons, and the fact that you can play as claptrap made me excited).  I remember almost giving up on Borderlands 2 because the beginning was really slow and boring in regards to the pace of everything, but late game was... awesome!  I just love how much the action builds up in this game, and it has made me a big fan of the series in general.  I'm really looking forward to playing the pre-sequel as well because although it looks identical in layout to Borderlands 2, the action and gameplay will not disappoint me at all!

As a big fan of Borderlands 2, I will most likely be buying this game probably during a Christmas sale.  I saw gameplay footage and I really like some of the features that it had to offer (Oxygen levels, cryo weapons, and the fact that you can play as claptrap made me excited).  I remember almost giving up on Borderlands 2 because the beginning was really slow and boring in regards to the pace of everything, but late game was... awesome!  I just love how much the action builds up in this game, and it has made me a big fan of the series in general.  I'm really looking forward to playing the pre-sequel as well because although it looks identical in layout to Borderlands 2, the action and gameplay will not disappoint me at all!

Yeah I've heard alot of people say they didn't like the game and got bored, but they didn't even make it past like level 10-12. When you get to higher levels the guns actually get more epic too. In beginning you mostly get crappy pistols and stuff.

I was thinking recently it would be cool if they integrated some kind of pvp competitive multiplayer in this one. Like maybe 4 vs 4 teams. within a level range of 2 or 3 levels more less than your level. Have a few maps that are arenas/ or even outdoor map with vehicles for 2 vs 2 vehicle battles. Would be innovating for borderlands. It might be hard to make it work and be balanced though. But as long as it's in level range it should be ok I guess.