• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SirSeaBiscuit

Is Anyone Else Not Hyped for Watch Dogs?

64 posts in this topic

Because I am certainly not. Ooooo yay, another open world game that is pretty to look at, that has only one unique bone in its body, and that bone has arthritis.

Maybe if it was a linearish stealth game based on hacking then yeah sure, sounds interesting. But I feel "Open World" games like these are a new trend in gaming. And lets be honest, when was the last time an open world was used properly? Ok maybe GTA V, but how many "Open world" games have come out between then and now? Ahem;

Asscreed 4

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Batman: Arkham Origins

Dead Rising 3

ect.

Most if not all of those in the end sucked because it didn't need its boring open world. 

Am not sure if am hyped for Watch dogs because Ubisoft like to toy whit people whit there fake gameplay footage and downgrading thier graphics at launch as how they did whit Far Cry 3 on E3,and am glad i havent bought InFamous because i would get bored real fast whit it and i do regret buying Asscreed 4 it felt very repetetive, GTA5 was sorta worth buying but it fked me up whit there epic fail Multiplayer launch and it pissed the fk out of me.   I would always see reviews before buying open world games.

Well, I liked Infamous: Second Son and absolutely loved ACIV, so to each their own I guess. I'm excited for it, and like what they've done with open world games.  :ph34r: Why did you find the open world boring?

DemonsColt and Dyzzles like this

Well, I liked Infamous: Second Son and absolutely loved ACIV, so to each their own I guess. I'm excited for it, and like what they've done with open world games.  :ph34r: Why did you find the open world boring?

Basically this^. I'm really looking forward to the game. Might even pre-order if I have some money lying around.

And lets be honest, when was the last time an open world was used properly?

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Any Elder Scrolls game

Any Fallout game

Thrillville

Arkham City

Red Dead Redemption

I'm hyped because Watch Dogs is the only unique game that i've seen come out of ubisoft in years, and it looks like they are not making a second one. The stealth feature looks good and the rest of the game features look great. I've already preordered it and if it's not good, i will hate ubisoft.

More games should be open world, it allows you to try to find something fun to do after the boring missions

Also I'm not hyped for the watching puppies, although it mite be because I'm not console gamer and my PC sucks to much to play it.

Am not sure if am hyped for Watch dogs because Ubisoft like to toy whit people whit there fake gameplay footage and downgrading thier graphics at launch as how they did whit Far Cry 3 on E3,and am glad i havent bought InFamous because i would get bored real fast whit it and i do regret buying Asscreed 4 it felt very repetetive, GTA5 was sorta worth buying but it fked me up whit there epic fail Multiplayer launch and it pissed the fk out of me.   I would always see reviews before buying open world games.

Ubisoft never downgarded graphics. Consoles vs. PC buddy. The developer said this was a footage from super high-end PC system and the trailer from a console.

GTA V ? I had to borrow friends PS to play that god damn thing. It is mostly the same as million other GTAs. 

More games should be open world, it allows you to try to find something fun to do after the boring missions

Also I'm not hyped for the watching puppies, although it mite be because I'm not console gamer and my PC sucks to much to play it.

I agree. Open world games should be even more common. WIth side activites. I don't want straight boring campaign. I want to do side missions etc.. 

And lets be honest, when was the last time an open world was used properly? 

GTA 1.2.3.VC,SA,IV,V 

Assasins Creed BC,3,IV

Saints Row 1,2,The Third.IV

Sleeping Dogs

TES Arena,Daggerfall, Morrowind,Oblivion,Skyrim,Online

WoW

Most RPGs... 

Most if not all of those in the end sucked because it didn't need its boring open world. 

Ok, people this this guy are the reason why we still get stupid linear bullcrap shooter stuff. Open World . OPEN. Maybe you are Bill Gates, but I can't drive Ferrari,have Super Powers, Fly,Kill people, Rob banks, have millions of dollar. OPEN WORLD to do anything to play side activities. 

---------------------------------

I have most of the PC games what you mentioned here. 

Assasins Creed IV Black Flag I've got for free with my new GPU. I liked it, didn't finish, because it was too easy, but hell of a good game to play. 

GTA V... as said a lot of the same. This game is not 10/10 by any stretch.

Far Cry 3 is one of few FPS I really like. 

Everybody has his own opinion and prefered games. When you don't like Open World then go play Battlefield 4 Single Player. 

I was really looking forward to the game until the news that made it so I will never buy it, it comes bundled with Uplay. Which if you have attempted to play Far Cry 3 coop on the PC you know that it sucks big time. Sorry but nope, until companies stop trying to force their own hastily programmed and shitty knock off of steam on us, I won't be buying it. I would hope that every other self respecting gamer would do the same. We don't have to put up with it. We don't "need" Watch Dogs. They need us.

2and900 likes this

I liked Arkham Origins and Black Flag and didn't play the rest because it's on consoles, Watch Dogs looks pretty fun. Sometimes I'm reminded I'm not such a cynical bastard in these forums, and I'm pretty cynical how do you people still even game with those outlooks?! :P

I've also never had a problem with uplay, it's better than Origin in the sense that it at least it runs from steam. Either way I wouldn't avoid a game I'll probably like because of such a minor detail.

I won't be hyped until i could judge the game based on a full gameplay reveal

Ubisoft never downgarded graphics. Consoles vs. PC buddy. The developer said this was a footage from super high-end PC system and the trailer from a console.

Are You sure about that "buddy"?

Final build was on a top noch PC aswell, even i  played it on Console vesrion found something odd about the game when it launched and it didn't seemed right.

I was hyped when they first showed it, but then my hyped died down as they showed more. I'm hyped again for some reason though.

I think it looks interesting.

I might watch someone's playthrough of it once it's released but, I won't get it myself. I can't! I need food over games!

No, It still looks awesome to me. I don't give a shit about graphics, besides I pre-ordered it which is something I don't do usually.

I'm not really worried about the PC graphics. Also I've got hype fever for this game. *I live close to Chicago which doesn't help.* I most care that they deliver on the ability to play almost all stealth, and not kill many over anything.

I liked, maybe even loved inFAMOUS: SS, but I HATED Asscreed 4. So. Much. Fucking. Tailing.

Sleeping Dogs

Just Cause 2

Any Elder Scrolls game

Any Fallout game

Thrillville

Arkham City

Red Dead Redemption

All of which 2011>

Al of which 2011>

Sleeping Dogs was 2012.

I also forgot Metal Gear Solid GZ, and The Phantom Pain.

Not to mention Crysis 1 and PlanetSide 2.

SirSeaBiscuit likes this

Ok, people this this guy are the reason why we still get stupid linear bullcrap shooter stuff. Open World . OPEN. Maybe you are Bill Gates, but I can't drive Ferrari,have Super Powers, Fly,Kill people, Rob banks, have millions of dollar. OPEN WORLD to do anything to play side activities. 

---------------------------------

I have most of the PC games what you mentioned here. 

Assasins Creed IV Black Flag I've got for free with my new GPU. I liked it, didn't finish, because it was too easy, but hell of a good game to play. 

GTA V... as said a lot of the same. This game is not 10/10 by any stretch.

Far Cry 3 is one of few FPS I really like. 

Everybody has his own opinion and prefered games. When you don't like Open World then go play Battlefield 4 Single Player. 

I love open world games, like in GTA, where there is tons of shit to do, giving almost endless play time.

But then we have a game like Asscrust 4, where the only side activities are to do the same blasted thing over and over again. And trust me, I would never touch BF4 single player, the amount of effort in those types of FPS campaigns equal about a Monday morning.

I watched a demonstration of Watch Dogs at PAX East this weekend and while the gameplay was interesting I can't say it reignited my previously lost hype for the game after it had been delayed by a large margin of time.

It still looks worth while but from what I saw the game may not be as detailed as he had intially hoped. In the the demo most of the hacking could be operated with a simple button press. For example while driving in a car certain prompts will appear such as "Press [square]" to hack a gate or hack a traffic light. While convient, it comes off more as being able to manipulate the environment than simulating information hacking.

But then we have a game like Asscrust 4, where the only side activities are to do the same blasted thing over and over again. And trust me, I would never touch BF4 single player, the amount of effort in those types of FPS campaigns equal about a Monday morning.

The hell is Asscrust 4? I never heard of such game.

I'm rarely hyped for games.

And in this case,I'm not.

That isn't to say that I don't like what I've seen or anything.

The hell is Asscrust 4? I never heard of such game.

Assassins Creed 4. It's my nickname for it.  :D