• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

CaptainKickass69

ESO on console prediction.

how do you think it will turn out   18 members have voted

1. 1. preditions

• it will be amazing!
    • it will be good.
    • it will be moderate (neutral)
    • it will be under performing.
    • it will be a train wreck.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

ok i do not not think it will be a fail but i have a sketchy feeling that it wont be that good on the console platforms.

what i mean is im predicting that we will see a drop in recurring players do to problems with communication, price, graphical sacrifice, and controls, and i know allot of console player who have only played Skyrim dont like the $15 a month (which in reality is only the price of not eating out once a month) but PS4 player got to pay to play multiplier there console, and XB1 users need to pay to use there console in general practically, so it might be pricey for them on top of apps like Netflix, Hulu and so on.

i think PS4 and Xbox need to make a keybored/mouse exclusively to play ESO more comfortably in my opinion but i play ESO on PC anyway.

so how do you think ESO will turn out on console?

I think it will be decent however I predict that before 18 months is up there subscriber base will take a deep plunge and they will be forced to go free to play or lower their subscription fee.

I think it will be decent however I predict that before 18 months is up there subscriber base will take a deep plunge and they will be forced to go free to play or lower their subscription fee.

maybe for console, but i like pay to play on PC, it keeps out kids and when they add new areas we wont have to pay like with the adventure zones.

Fundamentally, I don't like ESO on any platform, I just don't think It's a game for me. And like a lot of MMOs, I don't think It will be the one to truly bring that genre to the consoles. But will it be a train wreck? No, I think It'll have a decent enough player base on both consoles.

One thing I'm unsure of though, do console players have to pay a subscription in addition to their PS+/Xbox Live Gold memberships?

Fundamentally, I don't like ESO on any platform, I just don't think It's a game for me. And like a lot of MMOs, I don't think It will be the one to truly bring that genre to the consoles. But will it be a train wreck? No, I think It'll have a decent enough player base on both consoles.

One thing I'm unsure of though, do console players have to pay a subscription in addition to their PS+/Xbox Live Gold memberships?

no you don't need PS+/XBLG but its pointless to have a console that doesn't have it. and on XB1 if your playing ESO without gold then your practically owning a XB1 for ESO only. 

no you don't need PS+/XBLG but its pointless to have a console that doesn't have it. and on XB1 if your playing ESO without gold then your practically owning a XB1 for ESO only. 

So It's free to play on consoles?

So It's free to play on consoles?

no you got to pay $15 a month, you just don't need to pay for PS+ and XBLG at the same time.

no you got to pay $15 a month, you just don't need to pay for PS+ and XBLG at the same time.

So If you're already subscribing to XBL/PS+, you'll also have to pay 15 bucks for ESO each month?

So If you're already subscribing to XBL/PS+, you'll also have to pay 15 bucks for ESO each month?

yes

I think it will get moderate sales on consoles, as most people who will play it long term would have already bought it on pc. As for the launch I don't know how the servers will hold, as this is the first major MMOs to come to consoles. It all depends on how good Zenemax's servers are. 

Side note, how intensive is it on pc. Like I have a kinda decent pc and idk if I'll be able to run it.

I think it will get moderate sales on consoles, as most people who will play it long term would have already bought it on pc. As for the launch I don't know how the servers will hold, as this is the first major MMOs to come to consoles. It all depends on how good Zenemax's servers are. 

Side note, how intensive is it on pc. Like I have a kinda decent pc and idk if I'll be able to run it.

it runs of a mega server for each platform, i don't think servers are a issue as on PC it seems to runs really smooth. on console the issues will be a sacrifice to graphics, communication and controls. to me i would only play it on a PC personally.

but as of the game itself, i got to say i love it.

if you want to run it then there is a huge gap in low to high graphics and im pretty sure a mid ranged PC can run it on medium settings.

I predict it will be between the moderate and good range. The game looks good over all, but I still don't like some things I'm seeing. The combat seems to have almost no impact and you must spam abilities a lot. CC is pretty overpowered right now. For the theme and overall ES atmosphere they seem to have it down quite nicely, so I'll wait till later this year to see how will it play out in consoles or wait for the beta.

It'll do okay, moderate I suppose. Much better if it goes free to play at any point.

Thought the game sucked on PC when I played the beta, so I'm going to say it will underperform. That's hard for me to actually say since I love the Elder Scrolls series almost as much as Fallout, but I just could not stand it. Oblivion or Skyrim I could play for hundreds of hours and never be bored whereas I was bored of TES:O after 3 hours. Since most people who wanted to try it out were probably Elder Scrolls fans, there will be an immense amount disappointment once people find out it's really just a generic MMO with an Elder Scrolls theme slapped on it.

ESO is def not for me..

But I think ESO is best played on PC since its fanbase is much larger there..

(MMO games are best played on PC IMO..)

Berserker likes this

I think it will do very well at first, after about 2 to 3 months people will start falling off. and if they keep the $15 fee it will only dwindle more and more as it goes on, but I agree before a year goes by it will lower either to & 5 dollars or free. graphics will only hurt pending on your set up. 3d ability with min. 120 hz on led. will still run very nicely with console. I will be getting on XB1.

We'll just have to see guys I think it will be a good base game regardless but im worried how PvP will do. To be honest we might be surprised. Xbox One is not a weak console necessarily. And you don't need a super computer to run ESO on PC so why would it do terrible on the One?

I don't think anyone's claiming it will do bad on the one, let alone the PS4, just because of it being on console; the game itself is just not fun and is a total ripoff. It will turn to buy 2 play in less than a year, but I don't think even that will get people to stay. I just hate when companies take a beloved series and exploit it as a cash cow. :(

Yeah I saw the review im pretty damn dissapointed

I played it on PC and was going to transition to PS4 when it released, but honestly I gave up on it after the first two weeks. It was OK, but just too boring for me. I've got other games I'd rather play, that won't cost me an additional fee each month.

VicVicious likes this

Completely concur with LordKedric and a few others. I am extremely disappointed with the game overall and I think Joe said it best when he said all Elder Scrolls fans really wanteed was some mutiplayer added to a Skyrim type of game. As an ex MMORPG fanatic as I've gotten older I really look for immersion when I play high fantasy games. ESO on the PC really just felt like cookie cutter run and fetch quests with the bastardized renditions of Elder Scrolls lore on top, I don't expect the console version to do any better, servers will not have the population that the PC megaservers have because really what console owner do you know wants to have their bank account bled after buying a game that isnt all that great or groundbreaking like most of Bethesdas previous 1-player games. I played my 30 days and cancelled my sub this morning. So disappointed:(

After watching Angry Joe's review/impression for the PC version.. I sadly will NOT be buying any of the versions for ESO now.. Also, I don't want to pay yet another sub fee as I'm already a devout SWTOR player.