• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

RatchetRig

Looking for decent pre-built PCs

8 posts in this topic

Due to my complete ineptitude in electronics, I've always been hesitant to my own PC, and around here there aren't a whole lot of places and people that will construct them for you if you send them the parts, which ended up in me buying a pre-built rig from Chillblast... which arrived with a broken monitor, and then suffered from way too many hardware and firmware problems for its price point.

I've looked into various other companies, even read up on a ton building my own rig, but I thought I'd get people far more intelligent than me to weigh in on it ;)

Any trustworthy/reputable companies I could get a decent rig from?

Apparently Chillblast is the UK's most awarded Custom PC builder, so I guess they're reputable! Not that I would know.

I don't really buy pre-built PCs though so I'm afraid I won't be of much help. I guess you could check out IBuypower their prices are pretty close to what you'd be paying yourself, although you are still paying a premium on the assembly and shipping and whatnot, though because you can pick the internal components you can set your own price/performance preference.

I can't claim to be an educated source on the reputations of any pre-built PC makers though.

Edit: I suppose I also don't know if they ship in the UK, so keep that in mind. :)

RatchetRig likes this

i always say build your own PC

but if you REALLY want to buy a pre-built PC for some reasons, then i think ofFireandStone's source might be good enough

RatchetRig likes this

Go to Bestbuy's site. When I knew jack about electronics, I found a 2tb, quad processor, 8gb of ram, windows 8 desktop for $450 and all I had to do to get it running games like Bioshock Infinite and Titanfall on high 1080p settings was put in a $165 graphics card and a 430W Power supply from Newegg (GTX 750ti Superclocked). I have been using this PC for the past several months and it runs really well. Its an HP Pavilon 500-C60 and I really like it. Its not loud and it runs pretty smooth with the gcard. My build cost about $700-$720 to get it to where it is at right now. Like the others, I would just go build a pc b/c when I started to learn everything, I found I couldve gotten the exact build with the gcard and power supply for about $500. But if youre heart set, buy a prebuild then learn as you go like I did. Hope this helps! ^^

RatchetRig likes this

Go to Bestbuy's site. When I knew jack about electronics, I found a 2tb, quad processor, 8gb of ram, windows 8 desktop for $450 and all I had to do to get it running games like Bioshock Infinite and Titanfall on high 1080p settings was put in a $165 graphics card and a 430W Power supply from Newegg (GTX 750ti Superclocked). I have been using this PC for the past several months and it runs really well. Its an HP Pavilon 500-C60 and I really like it. Its not loud and it runs pretty smooth with the gcard. My build cost about $700-$720 to get it to where it is at right now. Like the others, I would just go build a pc b/c when I started to learn everything, I found I couldve gotten the exact build with the gcard and power supply for about $500. But if youre heart set, buy a prebuild then learn as you go like I did. Hope this helps! ^^

The 750 ti can be acquired (depending when and where you get it) at less than 165$ as well, it's my go to card for budget builds.

For example the one I linked to the name is 155$ but I've seen it as low as 140 bucks before.

RatchetRig likes this

The 750 ti can be acquired (depending when and where you get it) at less than 165$ as well, it's my go to card for budget builds.

For example the one I linked to the name is 155$ but I've seen it as low as 140 bucks before.

Yeah, I mean it prolly can be. I bought mine like a last month and on Newegg and it was worth the price so I am happy :)

RatchetRig likes this

For pre-builts in the U.K. the only one I knew about was Gladiator Computers, as I lack all knowledge of PC availability in the U.K. I would recommend you end up building your own PC, you can save a pretty nice chunk of money, and have the satisfaction of building it yourself. There are plenty of guides out there showing how to full put together a PC from start to finish. A lot of this stuff is just plug-and-play. Just be a little careful when installing the CPU and the hardest part is over. 

The only thing I know about Gladiator Computers is that the YouTuber FRANKEonPCin1080p got his PC(s) from them, and had a nice experience. There's obviously nothing wrong with going pre-built, and I understand why you would do it, but you always have to remember than you're spending a noticeable amount more on your PC than if you had bought the parts and did it yourself. Not to mention that shipping is generally around 75 USD in the United States, but I'm not sure how shipping works in the U.K. =P

RatchetRig likes this

Thanks all for the suggestions! I suppose building it myself seems to be my best bet. I guess the lack of customer support and general ignorance are usually what puts me off it, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and trust ye ;)

Apparently Chillblast is the UK's most awarded Custom PC builder, so I guess they're reputable! Not that I would know.

A cracked monitor, a broken front panel, and unstable system say otherwise XD