• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Clumsyninja

What are some some of the creepiest things in video games, that you normally wouldn't find to be scary in real life?

16 posts in this topic

I can name many, but atm i can only think of one, and that is..the Sirens going off in Silent Hill. I know.. Sirens, we hear them many times in our life, like from firetrucks, and such, but the sirens in Silent Hill are still incredibly chilling, and ere.. When they go off, you know something horrible is about to happen. The world is about to turn into a hellish like environment, and creatures that look straight out of nightmare come out. They did so well at making something so simple, sound so creepy. Everytime i hear those sirens when playing those games, my hair stands up. 

Well Sirens can mean a bad thing in real life, like someone could be hurt, and such, but this is a little bit more terrifying. Well Sirens have been used in wars too... Okay so maybe this wasn't a good example.. Can you think fo a better example? 

So are we talking creepy or scary? Because I can't really think of any creepy situations in games that would creep me out in real world because, well, there's hardly to no chance of it happening. If we're talking scary, then I don't really know as I tend to stay away from "horror" games because I fucking hate jump scares and scream scares. And then there's also the third option - gruesome. I reckon seeing someone dead wouldn't really freak me out. It's not really anything to freak out about to begin with.

Little girls!!!!

Creep the F*** out of me...............Cant even look at my own daughter now!

Spiders, because it wasn't bad enough that the little bastards had to be creepy on their own, oh no, we had to mutate them, give them acid spitting capabilities and make them into massive bosses too! While we're at it why don't we attach frickin' laser to their heads!?

Spiders, because it wasn't bad enough that the little bastards had to be creepy on their own, oh no, we had to mutate them, give them acid spitting capabilities and make them into massive bosses too! While we're at it why don't we attach frickin' laser to their heads!?

Yep, basically this for me as well.

But the laser thing has all ready happened, Dark Souls 2, Duke's Dear Freja, big ass spider with two heads that can fire laser beams of magic out of its mouth.

Yep, basically this for me as well.

But the laser thing has all ready happened, Dark Souls 2, Duke's Dear Freja, big ass spider with two heads that can fire laser beams of magic out of its mouth.

........................................1. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....! 2. More of a reason to never pick up a Dark Souls game.

argetlam350 likes this

Asylums. Usually a place where the mentally disturbed get help has been made into a thing of nightmares for me. 

bad lighting and things moving on there own

Mannequins... just... f**king mannequins, dude...

I refuse to play anything with dolls in them. I'm a proud male, but those little buggers bring my voice up WAY too many octaves.

IrishRogue and Clumsyninja like this

Long haired girls with white dress. In reality, they're cute! In fiction, especially Japanese horror games, they tend to appear out of nowhere with their long hairs covering their faces, making you jump back and fall on your ass.

Clumsyninja likes this

I always behaved a bit strange whenever something scary popped up in a game. Instead of being terrified of it, I get extremely interested in it. I want to learn everything about it.

On a related note, the giant ants and other bugs in Fallout. For whatever reason those things make my skin crawl.

IrishRogue and Clumsyninja like this

Little girls, they scare the shit out of me in games.

Especially when they are chasing you and your can't do anything to hurt them, creepy little girl laughs . . . -shiver-

Clumsyninja and RatchetRig like this

Little girls - it's even worse as I was at a gun course with my cousin, him learning how to shoot and the basics of gunmanship, when I hear a deep feminine voice of someone in their twenties to early thirties. I turn around and look down to this blonde haired little girl talking to her father while skipping about his feet. Teddy bear in one hand and drawing book in the other, overtly mature in her voice but utterly innocent in appearance.

Creeped me the hell out.

Hello, Annie. Yes, I do see your bear, Tibbers.