• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

1mirg

Game Ideas, share yours now

67 posts in this topic

Please use this thread to post any and all game ideas you have for us.
This way, we can keep this whole section clean and keep a log of all your ideas in one area.

Bump2 and Roltara like this

I've always been a fan of open world games. Ever since the infamous 2 DLC were Cole became a vampire, I've wondered why not make a full fledged open world vampire game? Fly around in a swarm of bats, climb on the side of buildings like Dracula, see in the dark, kill and drink blood to survive.

Then i played GTA 5 and liked the fact you could play as multiple characters, so i came up with the idea about having a werewolf and vampire/werewolf hunter character to choose from. It's just an idea though. Haven't really thought about overall story, gameplay or even a title.

Thought I'd be a good idea to repost this in the new thread.

don't worry, your fine.  

Well from my limited knowledge about the industry, it would be best to develop the gamemechanics first, and then start on the narrative (A.K.A the story) later in the development cycle.

So you have made good pith for a game, although a openworld is gonna be hard to make

yoemeuunito likes this

Well from my limited knowledge about the industry, it would be best to develop the gamemechanics first, and then start on the narrative (A.K.A the story) later in the development cycle.

So you have made good pith for a game, although a openworld is gonna be hard to make

Thanks for the positive comment. I know open world is difficult, but a restrictive vampire game has been done to death(no pun intended). Games like the legacy of Kain series or the abysmal Dark have already followed this path.

Thanks for the positive comment. I know open world is difficult, but a restrictive vampire game has been done to death(no pun intended). Games like the legacy of Kain series or the abysmal Dark have already followed this path.

Vampire: The masquerade - bloodlines is a fairly open vampire game based on the tabletop rpg of the same name, a bit old but maybe that could give you some extra ideas since I really enjoyed the concept of that game, not as open world as you describe flying around a city but as in the choices and paths you can take, I figure it might be a good starting point for some inspiration.

Vampire: The masquerade - bloodlines is a fairly open vampire game based on the tabletop rpg of the same name, a bit old but maybe that could give you some extra ideas since I really enjoyed the concept of that game, not as open world as you describe flying around a city but as in the choices and paths you can take, I figure it might be a good starting point for some inspiration.

I remember that game, liked the character progression in it.

is an MMO or MMORPG idea good?

Well, I do not know if any of us combined have enough money to make a MMO. WOW costed 40 million dollars to make and ESO costed 200 million dollars.

Hm, this is just me brainstorming, but I was thinking of a game where you can break the rules and change the genre of a game as a game mechanic. For example: a game will start out as a turn based JRPG, but instead of following the rules of waiting for turns in combat, you can break it and turn the combat into a beat em up and deal more damage to the enemy, surprising the enemy you fight and deal tons of damage instead of just wait for turns. This will throw the enemy off guard and forces them to fight you in real time, but if you're fighting more than 1 enemy, all of them will gang up on you, and if your level is low, you'll be destroyed. Unless you use an item which ignores the level your character is currently in and make every enemy equal to you in level. Something like that.

Hm, this is just me brainstorming, but I was thinking of a game where you can break the rules and change the genre of a game as a game mechanic. For example: a game will start out as a turn based JRPG, but instead of following the rules of waiting for turns in combat, you can break it and turn the combat into a beat em up and deal more damage to the enemy, surprising the enemy you fight and deal tons of damage instead of just wait for turns. This will throw the enemy off guard and forces them to fight you in real time, but if you're fighting more than 1 enemy, all of them will gang up on you, and if your level is low, you'll be destroyed. Unless you use an item which ignores the level your character is currently in and make every enemy equal to you in level. Something like that.

Oh man I like that idea, why is it I see a comedy game from this? Like you're LARPing and the enemies you're fighting are taking their turn an you break character and beat the crap out of them and they run off saying they're going tell the game master.

Kaz32 likes this

Oh man I like that idea, why is it I see a comedy game from this? Like you're LARPing and the enemies you're fighting are taking their turn an you break character and beat the crap out of them and they run off saying they're going tell the game master.

Stick of Truth 2 confirmed! Or knights of Pen and Paper 2.

This will be a neat idea for a spin-off game for a fighting game series, like Street Fighter. Make it a crossover with King of Fighters and Tekken and make the entire game funny as hell with parodies and dating sidequests everywhere without the seriousness, like in Carnival Phantasm.

At some point i'd love for us to have a go at making my dream game - a proper sanbox style LOST the tv show game. It would have so much potential though of course to avoid copyright issues it would have to differentiate itself to the tv show to some extent ;)

Small idea. We could give survival horror a shot, since the only good ones that would come to mind are Amnesia, Outlast, Silent Hill (original 3 and 1/2), and I have No Mouth and I must Scream.

The game mechanics could be simple to set up, simple puzzle stuff that doesn't disconnect itself too much, and the controls could be a bit arsey to add to character.

Or we could give point and click a go, but that would obviously need more planning.

Would love to make some sort of horror game (especially in space). Always wanted to make a game where there's no way you can kill everything and there's always a possibility of swarms (e.g. 40 zombies blocking your way). Could have it where theres multiple ways to get past an area (e.g. an air duct, main doors, taking a train, etc), but certain areas will be way harder based on chance and how much noise you make, making you have to run back (unless they are behind you as well), push through them, or try to find a place to hide. Rambling here, but that's how brainstorming works :P

It's hard to think of ideas that haven't been done before. Key to coming up with good ideas is to take something that's already been done and add something to make it unique.

One of my favourite ideas I have heard is First-Person Pong

Would love to make some sort of horror game (especially in space). Always wanted to make a game where there's no way you can kill everything and there's always a possibility of swarms (e.g. 40 zombies blocking your way). Could have it where theres multiple ways to get past an area (e.g. an air duct, main doors, taking a train, etc), but certain areas will be way harder based on chance and how much noise you make, making you have to run back (unless they are behind you as well), push through them, or try to find a place to hide. Rambling here, but that's how brainstorming works :P

Sounds like Dead Space combined with Deus Ex!

It's hard to think of ideas that haven't been done before. Key to coming up with good ideas is to take something that's already been done and add something to make it unique.

That doesn't make it unique at all. It makes that aspect of it unique but the game as a whole would not be considered unique as, you know, it had already been done

1mirg and Cap0bvious like this

One of my favourite ideas I have heard is First-Person Pong

Sounds like Dead Space combined with Deus Ex!

If you want to make a unique game, just start writing/ typing down the games overall focus. Like for example: 

This game focused on the fps style but has a mix of magic and melee combat with it. You can go around anywhere you want, after passing the tutorial of course. You can decide on whether to be focusing on the combat or non combat focus of the game, the game doesn't force you to do one or the other...the tutorial touches on all aspects but doesn't go to much in-depth to get the player bored with the game. In this game you can decide whether you want to be focusing on the merchant or explorer or mercenary or the various of other things. This game is spaceship to spaceship style game, most (if not all) of the levels are in a spaceship which can be controlled by a player and may/may not get into wars with the spaceship you call "home" 

^- that idea, was at the top of my head. 

That doesn't make it unique at all. It makes that aspect of it unique but the game as a whole would not be considered unique as, you know, it had already been done

agree'd.

I completely understand what you guys are talking about when it comes to unique and do agree for the most part but I just want to stress that Xevious21's method of creating new ideas if perfectly valid and often some of our favorite games are birthed this way. In fact, most games are just combinations of non-unique mechanics/ideas. All this is especially true if your starting out by deciding on a genre to make your game in, which happens 90% of the time.

Actually, if you were to browse through some of Peter Molydeux's game ideas, they are probably more unique than the majority of games released these days.

So....

Unique is great! but not essential.... and sometimes can be detrimental

I don't know why, but a poem came out of me out of the blue LOL

xevious21 likes this

Thanks for that, i wasn't saying that being truly unique isn't possible, just harder. But erraticvector is right, take Max Payne, love the game but without bullet-time, the graphic novel cutscenes and gritty noir theme, is another third person shooter. Creating something that nobody has never played before is possible, but unlikely. You need something that has been done before to lay the groundwork to build something truly great. By the way another idea i had was a RPG game where you're an assassin and you start out with no skills but you gain experience and be come a badass, mastering knives and throwing weapons, sniper rifles, etc.

My idea for a game revolves around dragons. Looking back on a few games that gave control to players as dragons, there are few that do it really that great, the two I can come up with in my head that I've played are LAIR and Eragon on the PSP. Eragon on the PSP wasn't to bad though it lacked variety in attacks and the controls could be a bit iffy but overall it was entertaining, LAIR on the other hand, had so much potential but the Six Axis control just killed it. But basically these games share a common idea I would like see attempted in the future or even try myself.

Basically it would be an RPG, you create your character, select from multiple races because who doesn't like variety? I would like to also take some influence from Dark Souls with unique areas and bosses and really have some lore that requires mostly speculation rather then setting in stone.

Similar to LAIR, it would have multiple dragons you could use as so called mounts but you start with only one of these and again it is entirely your choice with whom you start with as a dragon and it will be customizable when you get it. Then with the other dragons you can get in the game either by capturing them yourself or stealing a dragon's egg, both not easy tasks.

Basically the main idea for the game. I have a story but I don't feel like posting it because it's rather long and lengthy and I'm still even working on it.

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

Another game idea is for an actual good version of Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. I'm not going to lie I found that game quite awful. The roster had to many third party characters in my opinon, some of which only made it into the game because they had release dates close to the game themselves I mean seriously Dante and Raiden? Yeah sure okay. Then lets not start with the DLC characters, Zues is a pointless character I felt and he is definitely the most OP character in the game, only Kat another DLC character can match how OP he is. Playstation has so many first party characters from PSone to PS3 and we know they can use past console characters because of characters like Sir Daniel who was a PSone character. Hell this video from IGN shows how many damn first party characters they could of used:

Heck this video gives actually a better so called campaign mode I felt. Like for some reason all these characters are teleported to the real world or there world is invaded by these dark enemies and creatures that they have to ward off.

Also fix the whole special system, majority of the characters level ones are more powerful then there level twos and even level threes, there usually is no reason to even try going after anything beyond a level one special. I would of rather seen a direct rip off of smash bros system here or at least the damage system then maybe have the special bar underneath and make specials harder to get. That's another thing I want actually deaths for offscreen none of this confined space crap that was in the game or being teleported back on the level screen dazed.

Also fix the name Playstation All Stars is a pretty good name, there is no need for Battle Royale after it, it just seems pointless.

My main point I have a brilliant idea for a new Playstation All Stars game that actually is fun with minimal third party characters.

Here is a backstory for a game idea that I've been designing on and off, for about 10 years. (Work tends to kill most of my creative computing time, and after work i only want to game, or heck (curse words coming) not even touch my computer.... :)

Now close your eyes and imagine this is being narrated by someone like actor Donald Sutherland, with cut scenes, cinematics, etc…(you might need to open your eyes now to read…)

It began, as it always does…Suddenly…

Our primary colony was attacked, initially we believed it was outcasts, upset farmers, military gone rogue..

With mounting horror, we soon realised that it was something else.

The attacking forces appeared humanoid; but that assumption was based solely on the huge armoured suits they wore.   None of us had ever seen what flesh – if any – lay beneath.

Despite a furious and costly resistance, our own defense forces had been unable to bring down even a single enemy.
Our leaders decided to attempt to contact the attackers and arrange surrender but every envoy was killed.  Apparently, none lived long enough to even start pleading our case.

We were losing, there was no doubt, It would take too long to re-calibrate the “Transfer Gate” to go back to Earth and we simply could not take the risk these things would follow us home.

In desperation, my colleagues and I were asked to build a low yield very dirty nuclear device, which was placed just behind our rapidly crumbling front line.

Before detonating it, we oversaw the evacuation of the city, taking as many supplies and construction equipment as possible and hiding it in a cave system discovered and mapped around 6 months earlier.

FLASH …In less than a second most of what we had established over the last two years was destroyed, vapourised, along with what remained of our defence force.

As the dust settled our worst fears were confirmed.  Our enemy remained.

Granted they had been knocked away and stunned by the blast, but it seemed the EMP wave had caused them a few problems.  They had simply regrouped and then continued marching through the still smouldering ruins. 

Twenty eight months has passed since that fateful day and we have adapted quickly to carve out a relatively comfortable new subterranean life.

We’ve managed to rebuild much of our infrastructure and living quarters below ground.  Hydroponics provide much of our food and we’ve managed to harness hydro power.

Our biggest problem is the stream of new arrivals.  The EMP from the nuke must have disabled or destroyed the main Transfer Gate, and we activated a smaller backup gate.  We hoped to get home, and also needed to let Earth know what had happened. 

Unfortunately minerals in the rock restrict the returning signals, and we kept receiving more and more new arrivals.

We shut the back-up gate down to stop these incoming travelers, but the enemy above reassembled and activated the main Transfer Gate.

Travelers still came, their atoms drawn to the primary gate, unaware of the danger awaiting them.  Most were caught and killed before they even realised what was going on.

We were left with little choice to but to re-activate our gate.  We have sent a radio message into the gate but I fear it will be at least four years before the signal is received on Earth.

There are now almost 30,000 people living down here, and more keep arriving every couple of days.  Despite this, our new colony is doing surprisingly well given what we have to work with.

We have secured the tunnel system with defensive shielding and automated turrets, built mostly to keep the native life forms from venturing into populated areas. 

The shielding seems to hold the enemy at bay, a mystery since it uses the same shielding technology we had covering parts of our initial colony.

About two months ago we attempted to nuke the enemy again, this time with heavier conventional weapons to backup the EMP.  However, the enemy was prepared and had improved their armour with EMP shielding.

Who is this enemy? (We need to name them)

The enemy retaliated, attacking our cave entrance with a heavy ground assault, including gas. We had no choice but to close the cave entrance.

We all thought we would die down here…but once again, fate delivered us an unexpected blessing.

A scouting party we had sent to explore an underground lake found a way out through a river system.

It was here they stumbled upon the remains of one of the enemy’s flying craft.  The craft was salvaged and initially appeared to have been downed by a volcanic eruption. 

We may have found a weakness.  It seems the molten rock itself did not cause the crash, it was a mineral contained within it.

This same mineral stems from deep underground and our new home is surrounded by vast deposits of it.

We have started to experiment with the mineral, which is easy to mine, and appears to dissolve both the enemy’s armour and their other technologies.

Adaptation of the mineral into viable weapon technology began with the development of new ammunition.   An initial trial, by a hand-picked squad was a success of sorts – but it came at a hefty price.  All of the volunteers died engaging an enemy patrol, but not before managing to kill one of the four-strong enemy patrol. Our hearts go out to our poor comrades, they may have been killed but their deaths have given us a new fighting chance.

I hope more people from Earth come soon; we need fresh troops…to deliver us from darkness…..
So basically the game is an MMO (but not a massively multiplayer one, more of an MORPGFPS).

- I initially started to write my own Server/Client/DB access but my coding skills at the time were not that good.
- Switched to UDK, loved the work flow, actually started to make some progress. (then real life and family etc)
- Sat down and looked at technology and thought maybe multi-platform is the way to go, Unity, and Shiva. (Time again :( )
- Here I am today, little side projects with Construct 2, might look at Game Maker. But focusing on getting my Unity with Maya skills up so I can finally get this project completed.

Ask questions, I'm more than happy to answer....
xevious21 likes this