• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

1mirg

Game Ideas, share yours now

67 posts in this topic

I would love a game like counter strike, that is themed towards mid evil sort of combat.

Check out Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

When I was Younger I had an rts game where you could go into FPS mode if you wanted to. Since then I always dreamed about Fps game where 1 of your teammates could build  things and do rts stuff while the other members need to guide scouts. The leader could also go fps If he wanted too a game like Planetside could pull this off. Not really sure if you could pull this off in a small scale battle.

When I was Younger I had an rts game where you could go into FPS mode if you wanted to. Since then I always dreamed about Fps game where 1 of your teammates could build  things and do rts stuff while the other members need to guide scouts. The leader could also go fps If he wanted too a game like Planetside could pull this off. Not really sure if you could pull this off in a small scale battle.

natural selection 2? http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

I had an idea a few weeks ago. Imagine Salt and Sanctuary (yes it's not out yet, but the design of a 2-d souls is highly inspiring) mixed in with Doom, Rogue Legacy, and the looting system from Dragon's Crown. You explore a demonic kingdom for glory, fame, redemption, love, revenge, shiggles (shits and giggles), and loot. Facing demonic hordes that would contain gut grabbing designs, and bosses you can revisit or encounter in a random room. The entire kingdom itself is a rotating maze, so every time you die, all rooms will be randomized around the checkpoints(taking the fear of unknown to a whole new level). As for the loot, it will be rng, but there are three types of loot: holy/blessed, normal, and cursed. Holy/blessed loot will be rare, but they contain special boosts that can turn the tables of combat. Normal weapons are well normal(normal damage, normal little boosts, etc.). Cursed weapons will be uncommon through out the kingdom. These cursed weapons/armor will have good stats, but there is a price to pay in order to equip them. Cursed weapons will have anti boosts that can make combat both challenging and interesting. For multiplayer, I'm thinking of online and couch co-op, though pvp would probably be a bad idea. I almost forgot, checkpoints will be both your friend and main hub (blacksmith, shops, etc.). That's all I can think of for now, but I find this topic fun and interesting. 

KyleBrackman likes this

I have an idea for a fantasy role playing game that's a combination of Final Fantasy, Dungeons & Dragons, and The Legend of Zelda. It's called A Classical Story.  I'm attaching the story so far to this post since it would take me a while to summarize it. 

Journey To Dragon Mountain.docx

Even though Zombie games are kind of going overboard with their mere existence, I think there's one Zombie game we're missing.

That zombie game is a medieval one.

Swords, bows, crossbows, heavy armor, dark castles.
I think it's an unexplored era full of potential, especially for a zombie survival.

I often find whenever I watch Greek mythology In pop culture I find myself comparing it to the original myths and face palming, It seems everywhere you go Zeus is this all powerful defender of humanity, Hades is this fire and brimstone villain, Medusa is this evil creature whose transformation was her own fault and her fault alone, the Greek pantheon can do no wrong and anyone that says otherwise is a just a jerk that's angry with the world. However, in the myths you find that the gods were actually giant (bleep) holes, Hades was a saint compared to most of the pantheon, most of the humans who were angry at the gods kind of had a point and Medusa's transformation was not entirely her fault. So I have a game series idea that says "screw this pop culture fan fic weirdness. I'm going to give some of these characters a chance to shine"

The first game I plan to have our protagonist Medusa start out as a maiden for the temple of Athena after having been left at the temple steps as a baby. Then as she grows older she gets the attention of Poseidon who comes down and tries to seduce her. However, Medusa rejects his advances and he knocks her unconscious during a fight. When Medusa wakes up she learns the Hugh priest was murdered by her weapon and so Athena turns her into a gorgon. After fleeing she meets two other Gorgons who instruct her to find the parts of a staff that they say can change her back. However, she soon discovers that the staff is actually a weapon capable of killing Poseidon and that it was for a band of rebellious gods who which to end Poseidon's reign. Medusa must also watch out for Perseus who was brought by Athena to kill Medusa. After Medusa takes Poseidon's place in the pantheon the second game begins with Zeus threatening mankind for suspected lack of loyalty to the pantheon by sending monsters to the cities. When Medusa attempts to stop him she, along with other dissidents are cast out of Olympus, The group then go to the cities to liberate them and weaken Zeus' grip on Greece in order to overthrow the pantheon. The third game shows that after the rebellion the Olympus born gods have started to become corrupt and begin to commit atrocities against their will. And so Medusa ventures out to find a cure for the corruption. The pantheon also must contend with a civil war in Greece between the Preachists (the ones that remain loyal to the pantheon) and the Crusaders (those that have had enough with the pantheon and prophesise the coming on one god to unit them all). 

Okay so enough about story time for game play talk. So as you can probably guess there are a few God of War elements like the Ancient Greek back drop and hack and slash abilities. However, I would also like to add some elements akin to that of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta with platforming sections, puzzles and stylish combos (that give players the option to finish off opponents with a petrifying stare, obviously, that would be awesome). Medusa can also go to her allies for upgrades such as Prometheus or Hephaestus for weapons, Artemis or Heracles for combos and Hades for magic.

And that's my game idea.

KyleBrackman likes this

On 6/5/2016 at 9:16 PM, KyleBrackman said:

That's a cool idea, Roltara.

As of the last few months I've been playing a lot of games on the Horror genre.

From Amnesia, to Dead Space, and other smaller indie titles like Detention.

However I've really missed any games that use the ancient egypt horror tropes

Mummies, Flesh eating insects, ancient curses, ghosts.

I wonder, with such a classic and plentiful topic to exploit in horror, why are the developers limiting themselves to Zombie or Space horror?

yoemeuunito likes this

I've been toying around with the idea of a 2D platformer/beat-em-up hybrid for a couple of years. Never took it upon myself to execute it in practice, though, but I do still want to give it a shot at some point.

I've been a gamer my entire life, seen the many gameplay styles out there and far too many mechanics to list here. I'm 35 right now and have been forced to stop playing console and PC games due to low income. I've had to turn to mobile gaming. My Google Play profile is Lv42 because of my gaming habits and skills. Of the games I enjoy I've noticed that developers have begun combining genres together in mostly unsuccessful and unimaginative games. I've been hooked on tower defence games for quite awhile now. I've also been a huge fan of mining/crafting games. I was thinking something like star control 3's galaxy map, planet structure, and artifacts with an added mining mechanic. Through in a tower defence function where you can use mined materials to craft and upgrade towers. And if you really want to wow the kids you make units you can upgrade and research and even discover from found artifacts that could be used to invade other players for resources.

Just something I'd like to see. Though mining games are really hard on your phones battery so developing a system that doesn't use massive numbers and calculations would be ideal. A balanced pacing would be ideal. And maybe even a market for players to buy and sell resources. It's allot to through into a mobile game, yet I'd play the hell out of it!

I'm about to start a year vacation from playing games, forums, etc. and concentrate to do some gaming related project with my children.

- the first project is to finish my MOO server/client and let the children design a map and story to a trekkish kind of space game (C)
- the second project is to start working on our own small game console and make a pong kind of game to it (VHDL, assembly)

Sure, nothing special on those ideas but lets see how they end up to be once the imagination starts to roll. Fortunately there are still MUDs running to get some ideas from.

Hopefully I would have some screenshots/pictures to share with you guys at some point in future :)

I look forward to them. What are you going to call your console and game?

On 17/04/2014 at 8:46 AM, Deadmuffinman said:

Well from my limited knowledge about the industry, it would be best to develop the gamemechanics first, and then start on the narrative (A.K.A the story) later in the development cycle.

So you have made good pith for a game, although a openworld is gonna be hard to make

Well said. As great an idea, and as fun to think about, open world games are hard. Plus, just because its a vampire doesn't mean it'll just have vampire based game mechanics, there's stuff like dialogue and that lot to consider. Personally I find myself wondering more these days about if its possible to lessen the work load for game devs. I mean, if there was a software that let you build a high quality open world... Although I suppose that's just mine craft and the like... Hmm, it would have to allow for mechanics to be implemented wouldn't it? Meh, just thinking out load.

On 04/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, Shailen said:

As of the last few months I've been playing a lot of games on the Horror genre.

From Amnesia, to Dead Space, and other smaller indie titles like Detention.

However I've really missed any games that use the ancient egypt horror tropes

Mummies, Flesh eating insects, ancient curses, ghosts.

I wonder, with such a classic and plentiful topic to exploit in horror, why are the developers limiting themselves to Zombie or Space horror?

Because money? lol

On 28/01/2016 at 0:15 AM, ULTRAxCARNAGE said:

I like this topic :)

I like this post lol :)