• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrfool

Variloh's Latest Stream : 17/04/2014

8 posts in this topic

Hey AJSA!

Really wanted to post this here to get some more eyes on our last Dota 2 Tournament Streamer + personaility: Variloh.

http://www.twitch.tv/variloh/b/520704452

Check it out, it has a few people you might recognise on it from the AJSA Dota 2 Guild. B)

Well I do think he is good for shout casts and talking with the community of Dota in the AJSA.  I think he would get more viewers by being present himself here, instead of just promotions to the Twitch channel. I saw that he discussed some of the hot threads in the community, but honestly I have not seen his presence there a lot. I love the idea of taking interviews after the games of the Tournament. Cause it brings the community closer to the Teams and it reveals more about the players and their teams. It also inspires people to try harder and group up as well. It shows we are all not so perfect and it's just a game but we love it and amazing things can happen even in our small Tournaments.

His late debate about manners Online I think is a global problem and not really just in Dota and hard to talk about. Because in the end it comes to individual life Ideals and decisions that just appear as a big cluster of gamer madness on our side of that Internet connection. He talked about individual ideas and ways of Country Leaders and we should not get blamed for them. But in a way the same goes for the gamer community. If you blame the community for being unethical bastards, you are putting every one in there, under the same roof. Even if maybe just 2 of them abused you that particular day. So it's not all that bad. You just need to grow a defensive skin so that does not bother you that much. Keep in mind that not every one is abuser.

Things are not really getting worst with time. The Internet and Online communities have not been out there for a long time. I have to say I get more abuse from older people (probably not older them me :)) then from the new "kids". And once you understand and get familiar with abuse online, you will not even care about it any more. You will just concentrate on the people what you enjoy playing with and not being bothered by the rest. However do not EVER ignore people. That is the worst thing you can do. Defend yourself anyway you feel like it and if the person is unreasonable just Mute/Ignore him.

Well I do think he is good for shout casts and talking with the community of Dota in the AJSA.  I think he would get more viewers by being present himself here, instead of just promotions to the Twitch channel. I saw that he discussed some of the hot threads in the community, but honestly I have not seen his presence there a lot. I love the idea of taking interviews after the games of the Tournament. Cause it brings the community closer to the Teams and it reveals more about the players and their teams. It also inspires people to try harder and group up as well. It shows we are all not so perfect and it's just a game but we love it and amazing things can happen even in our small Tournaments. His late debate about manners Online I think is a global problem and not really just in Dota and hard to talk about. Because in the end it comes to individual life Ideals and decisions that just appear as a big cluster of gamer madness on our side of that Internet connection. He talked about individual ideas and ways of Country Leaders and we should not get blamed for them. But in a way the same goes for the gamer community. If you blame the community for being unethical bastards, you are putting every one in there, under the same roof. Even if maybe just 2 of them abused you that particular day. So it's not all that bad. You just need to grow a defensive skin so that does not bother you that much. Keep in mind that not every one is abuser. Things are not really getting worst with time. The Internet and Online communities have not been out there for a long time. I have to say I get more abuse from older people (probably not older them me :)) then from the new "kids". And once you understand and get familiar with abuse online, you will not even care about it any more. You will just concentrate on the people what you enjoy playing with and not being bothered by the rest. However do not EVER ignore people. That is the worst thing you can do. Defend yourself anyway you feel like it and if the person is unreasonable just Mute/Ignore him.

Not to offend or anything, but was there a reason for most of what you said being posted here? Not hating or anything, but what do you want Variloh to do when it comes to "being present"?

Just reading the forums and i have to say he proves a point. To be present is simple be in team speak. Talk with friends, make friends, invite friends.

Also if you want to promote Variloh and Varlioh isn't promoting DOTA 2 what is the point of watching

Also if you want to promote Variloh and Varlioh isn't promoting DOTA 2 what is the point of watching

Do you even know what Variloh did for our recent Tournament?

He also isn't a regular streamer for Dota 2 and his Twitch channel is his own project. You're free to offer suggestions in a new thread as to what you'd like him to do and I can pass that on to him.

Hello all i just saw this and would like to comment in response.

Well I do think he is good for shout casts and talking with the community of Dota in the AJSA.  I think he would get more viewers by being present himself here, instead of just promotions to the Twitch channel. I saw that he discussed some of the hot threads in the community, but honestly I have not seen his presence there a lot. I love the idea of taking interviews after the games of the Tournament. Cause it brings the community closer to the Teams and it reveals more about the players and their teams. It also inspires people to try harder and group up as well. It shows we are all not so perfect and it's just a game but we love it and amazing things can happen even in our small Tournaments.

His late debate about manners Online I think is a global problem and not really just in Dota and hard to talk about. Because in the end it comes to individual life Ideals and decisions that just appear as a big cluster of gamer madness on our side of that Internet connection. He talked about individual ideas and ways of Country Leaders and we should not get blamed for them. But in a way the same goes for the gamer community. If you blame the community for being unethical bastards, you are putting every one in there, under the same roof. Even if maybe just 2 of them abused you that particular day. So it's not all that bad. You just need to grow a defensive skin so that does not bother you that much. Keep in mind that not every one is abuser.

Things are not really getting worst with time. The Internet and Online communities have not been out there for a long time. I have to say I get more abuse from older people (probably not older them me :)) then from the new "kids". And once you understand and get familiar with abuse online, you will not even care about it any more. You will just concentrate on the people what you enjoy playing with and not being bothered by the rest. However do not EVER ignore people. That is the worst thing you can do. Defend yourself anyway you feel like it and if the person is unreasonable just Mute/Ignore him.

I do appreciate your input when it comes to the online "manners" conversation and would of liked to hear them in an interview.

As per the "being present" i post the topics about the talk show in the "general discussion" section every Monday and do the show every Thursday. I encourage you to take a look at the most recent one: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/17888-are-console-exclusives-good-for-the-gaming-industry/   

This project is a separate  project from my Dota 2 affairs. The.The current show "Gamer Mind" which debates Video Game topics is about "Video Games" not just Dota 2. I participated in the AJSA Dota 2 Tourny as a caster and hosting the preshows and post shows, I did this with the intention of getting to know the audience and talking to the community. Ive made many friends, Mr Fool being one of them, i didnt ask him to post this, he did this because he belives in my channel. In my Channel btw i promote AJSA regularly, and keep in mind, my twitch is seperate from AJSA, i am NOT a AJSA streamer, im an independent streamer who loves this community and participate in any way i can.

Just reading the forums and i have to say he proves a point. To be present is simple be in team speak. Talk with friends, make friends, invite friends.

"To be present" i believe goes beyond being on team speak, and i regularly read and post topics on the forums. I talk to a big portion of AJSA Dota 2 community (as i was a part of the tourny) and promote the AJSA to my non AJSA followers. I believe this is more valuable then being on team speak. (Tho i will be on it soon)

Im sorry you feel this way, the "point" is to see if you find it entertaining. I dont post it on DOTA 2 forums because, granted, the show has nothng to do with dota 2. I do, however, have the "Dota 2 Bard" segments which make a return after there pilot season i encourage you to check it out. Once again, Mr Fool posted this as a friend to help me out....Tho frankly speaking, his post is VALID as, ifyou would of seen the show, all the guests are popular AJSA Dota 2 guild members, Dofr, Charlie, himself and more. 

mrfool likes this

The reason mrfool is just feedback. I can see his "Topics" on the forum form his profile, so I know he is involved and I was a viewer of the last 2 Tournaments, I don't dislike him at any way. I often tried to encourage him on his Twitch chat. But I'm a neutral Creep. I need to back Riverside75 too. He does have some good points and I'm pretty sure that others are wondering similar things. So this feedback will help Variloh become actually better at what he is doing and give us insides on his work and what he have in plan maybe. While I do know he is present on the Forum and that not everyone have time to play games every day (wish I could :P) I have to admit his Streams are general and not really specific for our community, except his streams for the Tournaments respectively. Now don't be hasty, that doesn't mean that I don't like them. In fact I do and we should talk about general things and not just matters around only our small community. I have no problem discussing other games, as I played almost every MOBA game but sick to Dota as my first love. But let Variloh challenge the questions that come up form our community and his viewers. I will be honored if he invites me for a show in witch I could bring some knowledge and ideas to share and discuss. I think a lot of people like talking and debating about things. Sadly I can't say anything about consoles since the last one I owned was a fake Nintendo 8 bit. But I do have a Linux PC with Steam on it, witch is basically Steam Box equivalent.
I think Variloh is doing it right, he has good ideas and is putting his threads at the right places. Riverside75 and every one else here have the right to discuss him and ask him questions. He is keeping an eye on his feedback so he should be fine :)