• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

WoT - Still fun?

4 posts in this topic

So, I just went to download the game on Steam and saw a lot of negative feedback after patch 1.37. What happened? People are pissed off and saying they quit the game after that patch...should I keep on downloading or turn around?
I've played this game last summer, had a great time, but what's happened...I used to hear great things about this game until this 1.37 patch.

And another thing, is it P2W? I wouldn't want to go with my planes vs jets and such things...I remember always getting my ass kicked by them.

So, I just went to download the game on Steam and saw a lot of negative feedback after patch 1.37. What happened? People are pissed off and saying they quit the game after that patch...should I keep on downloading or turn around?

I've played this game last summer, had a great time, but what's happened...I used to hear great things about this game until this 1.37 patch.

And another thing, is it P2W? I wouldn't want to go with my planes vs jets and such things...I remember always getting my ass kicked by them.

Why people hate 1.37?

1. The introduction of the tiering system that changed 1.35's 20 ranks down to 5 tiers in pre, early, mid, late, and post war planes. The problem with it that sometimes the matchmaking system, influenced by battle rating, puts planes that should not be flying against each other like P-38G's vs. La-5 and WWII jets facing Korean War jets.

2. The research system is not really a problem, the freedom to choose which plane you want to get next and the order in which you get modifications is good, but to get to the plane you want requires sometimes to research planes you don't want. Also prior to 1.39 the amount of RP gain was minuscule if you don't have a premium account which is a problem in higher tiers which require hundreds of thousands of RP to get a high tier prop or jet.

3. The spotting system that now factors in crew skill in order to detect enemy planes. Apparently it can cause planes that are in plain view to disappear or tracers coming out of nowhere from an hidden enemy even though you checked your 6 prior.

4. Gaijin's attempt at incorporating mixed nations into realistic mode.

Is this game P2W?

No, this game is free to play, in which there are 3 types

1. Free to play that has cosmetics for sale that have no effect on gameplay

2. Free to play that has a giant grind wall and paying money to help lessen the grind

3. Free to play that has timers and pay walls to progress

This game follows the 2nd model. In war thunder any plane can shoot down any plane provided you have the skills to do so. Also late tier props on the border between tier IV and V have a strong chance to fight jets. That's the way it is now. I adore this game and you shouldn't stop downloading this game because of discontent. Have fun and don't forget to join our in-game squadron if you haven't done so already.

Apex Spartan likes this

Alright thanks for the reply, I will keep on downloading it then.

For me it wasn't so much as the research system as it was the fact I had to waste lions on a plane I would never use to get to a plane I wanted.

With the fixes in 1.39 a lot of fun has returned to War Thunder, mistakes will be made but I am glad lessons, apparently were learned.

One thing I am slightly shocked to see (and I could be wrong on this) but it appears Jets turn more smooth now as I am rolling with two Meteors and they didn't turn so well in 1.37, now in 1.39...those things turn like a Spitfire I kid you not.

I was out turning Fw190s, La-9s, and well...any other nation's jets in arcade battles and just wasting them with my 20mm cannons.

I do however have even deciated more money into the game as of late because well...now it is possible to progress faster but I still need to grind lions like an old cat lady just to get further into the tech trees as the 'buy to advance' seems to still be in play, but given so much good news with 1.39...I can let that slide. It does in-fact give me more time to grind out my planes such as my La-7, I-185, my Meteors...I would list my prem aircraft but come automatically unlocked so...blah on that haha. XD

Overall, with 1.39 now in play...it is even more of a must play then it was with 1.35.