• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

DoctorEvil

FULL 24 HOUR ENDURANCE CONTEST ENTRY

70 posts in this topic

ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE SIGNING UP TO PLAY FOR ALL 24 HOURS OF THE OPERATION. POST JUST YOUR TEAMSPEAK AND IN-GAME NAME IN YOUR REPLY.

As mentioned in the Op post, http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/17773-joint-special-op-24-hours-of-planetside-2-saturday-426-427/,  this is where you can enter the Endurance Contest to Play ALL 24 HOURS of the Operation.  

I will re-paste the rules from the original post:

Entry

Players must submit their in-game name to this official thread BEFORE THE START OF THE OP.

Shift Commanders will all have the names of those going for the full 24 hours, and will reference the list when doing the check-ins.

Rules

To be eligible, you must be on our Teamspeak and have a mic.  Players will be required to be on Planetside 2, barring the occasional disconnect and re-logging on.

Players must respond to roll-call: every 2 hours for the first 12 hours of the Operation; every 1 hour for the last 12 hours.  Roll-calls will involve the following procedure:

1) At the exact hour mark, the Shift Commander will do a roll-call of all the remaining endurance players.  

2) When your name is called, you must respond over your mic that you are Present.  Absent players have a five-minute grace period after all the names are called to report in (in case they took a Bio break when the Roll-Call happened).

3) Players not responding when called on or during the 5-minute grace period, well be struck from the List of Active Players, although they are still welcome to play after they wake up from drooling on their keyboards.  

4) All Active Players who make it to Hour 24's final check-in will receive the awards listed below.

AWARDS

The crazy, bad ass players who can make it the full 24 Hours (cheaters will be dealt with harshly) will naturally receive a BAD ASS SEAL OF APPROVAL for their forum profile, visible on all past and future posts on the AJSA Gaming Forums.

BadAss_AJS_flat_KablooieXL.png?9d7bd4

In addition, the bad asses will be able to create a Member Title of their choosing (within the limits of good taste).  The Member Title is the bit of text above your Avatar in forum posts.  

JanoriaCorven, Conan and Dyzzles like this

I, JanoriaCorven... Will hereby Enter this operation! My battle rank and levels are low.. but i shall enter myself into this operation! I VOLUNTEER!

TS is the same

In game name is JanoriaCorvena ... some bastard took my name

P.s I hereby state that i am going for the badass seal of approval

wildfox99 likes this

I would love to participate in this, but it's Easter tomorrow... I won't even be home the entire day, so I'll have to skip on this. |:

I've been corrected. Sign me up for the event. I'll be there.  :P

Teamspeak username is the same as here. In game name is also Dyzzles.

Good luck to everyone that's in it! :D

wildfox99 likes this

I would love to participate in this, but it's Easter tomorrow... I won't even be home the entire day, so I'll have to skip on this. |:

Good luck to everyone that's in it! :D

You do realize that this event takes place next week, not tomorrow?

wildfox99 likes this

I feel the rewards for this event are not sufficient enough to call for a 24 hour operation... i feel our health is worth just a little bit more... such as a promotion in this game... or something of equal strength.

24 hours is a long time to stay awake, all at once... i do suggest a stronger reward

Samzoix likes this

You do realize that this event takes place next week, not tomorrow?

Oh damn, I read the other thread wrong. Only paid attention to the 'Saturday' in the title. My bad, my bad. 

I will be in this event, PS2 name Cplputtymon, Teamspeak name puttymon

Just a quick question, will it be mandatory that we respond to the rollcalls using Teamspeak? My headphones don't have a mic on them. |:

My Team speak is DonkeyKiin and my steam is DonkeyKiin and my in game name is TheDonkeyKiin 

I hereby pledge my allegiance to the cause!

I'll make an attempt, but I don't think I'll make it too far.

TS Jeroscope. Steam Jeroscope. PS2 AgentStark. The Commissar accepts this challenge.

I'll attempt it

Planetside 2 Tarren soldier: Johnster46

Teamspeak:Johnster46

Steam:Johnster4

Im in.

TS is Samzoix

Planetside in game name is Samzoix

I feel the rewards for this event are not sufficient enough to call for a 24 hour operation... i feel our health is worth just a little bit more... such as a promotion in this game... or something of equal strength.

24 hours is a long time to stay awake, all at once... i do suggest a stronger reward

Janoria, the majority of people playing will not be playing for 24 hours straight, they will be hopping on and off as fits their schedules.  The contest is only for people who state in advance they will go for the full 24 hours.  That said, you are correct, people should not risk your health regardless of ANY reward.  The rewards are intentionally not worth real money or Station Cash to make it an easy call for someone 16 hours in who's feeling sick to say, "I think I'll hang it up, it's just a forum award and title."  

Samzoix, wildfox99 and brumak280396 like this

Just a quick question, will it be mandatory that we respond to the rollcalls using Teamspeak? My headphones don't have a mic on them. |:

Dyzzles,  yes sadly you will need a mic, otherwise there's no way of knowing if you are really there if you are just typing.  (It could be a stand-in while you sleep after all!)  

I may revisit this rule, if there are enough mic-less people who are competing.  Although even a web-cam mic is def worth the investment if you play alot of multiplayer games!

wildfox99 likes this

Teamspeak: chocokaran67

Ingame: chocokaran67

The Angry Indian accepts this challenge.

wildfox99 likes this

Dyzzles,  yes sadly you will need a mic, otherwise there's no way of knowing if you are really there if you are just typing.  (It could be a stand-in while you sleep after all!)  

I may revisit this rule, if there are enough mic-less people who are competing.  Although even a web-cam mic is def worth the investment if you play alot of multiplayer games!

Alright, I'll look into picking up a cheap mic or something next week.

DoctorEvil and wildfox99 like this

You know, ordinarily I wouldn't think to do something like this, but I'm in a bit of a crazy mood at the moment. Sign me up for some of that marathon action!

My in-game and Teamspeak names are the same as my forum name, Ubernoob8470.

iv got to stay up any way  keep every one in check might as well as play for the BASA

I really want to do this, because its vacation... but i dont have a mic... i wish i could just PM the guy and say "I AM HERE!"

I think that can work

question: if the time is say 3am(last 12 hours) and your feeling some eye strain, if you respond to roll call, then take a 20-25 min break, come back in time for the next roll call, you will be ok for the reward right?

I am up for this even )probably won't make it the full 24 hours) teamspeak username is same as here and I am more than ready to kick ass with you guys in this event

FOR THE REPUBLIC, FOR HONOR AND GLORY