• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BlondishMist748

State of the Rust server - Request towards leadership of AJSA !

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am fairly new player who bought Rust thinking I will play with the AJSA as this is officialy supported game.

But I was wrong. People on Teamspeak in the room played different game just were in that room. I was playing 3 hours straight, NOBODY joined. After those 3 hours one guy joined. Magically found where I was (you know that big chance you spawn next to the only other person on the server), killed me, laughed to my face and logged out. 

I know this is the part of the game. (I am suggesting he was a cheater tho or he was really lucky ) I am cool with dying. But there is NO officer for Rust as far as I am concerned, there is no official room for Rust in TeamSpeak, and the one that is there is under the Unofficial games (wait what ?...). 

It would be nice to have a officer and play together as AJSA, games like Rust are always better played with others. I will try to contact someone on higher position who will be online so we get someone to play. 

Rust is very good game and I desire to spend a lot of time playing it, but if I should stay on the AJSA server, to build something there depends if it will be organized, I know it is about betrayel, about not trusting anyone, but within the AJSA we could work together and have great time. We just need someone to organize it. 

Let's make a list of what is wrong with AJSA Rust server: 1. It is mostly dead ! 
                                                                                           2. There is no leadership for this server ! 

And now let's look what we could have if there would be a stable leadership and player base : 1. Very nice cooperativly based game
                                                                                                                                                        2. Nice time playing with other in AJSA
                                                                                                                                                        3. Organization of people (in Teamspeak) and in-game to behave nicely and follow the rules. 
                                                                                                                                                        4. Teams of people building their own towns and working together and competing against other teams. 

I think it would not be hard to find someone to be an officer even there is not many people online. He could make people start playing by putting rules together etc... It is more of a discussion. 

With this post I am asking anyone within the leadership of AJSA to respond and tell me (please) Yes or No towards this proposal + (if possible) a reason for negative response. As it stands I will be actively trying to get people into Rust, on TeamSpeak or other chats, also I will ask them to join the AJSA. 

For any responses, I have made a long and constructive criticism towards AJSA Rust server and said how to improve it or eliminate the problems. Even here everybody has a right to free speech (if not using vulgarism or attacking someone). So please responses "Rust sucks" etc... Don't even try to write you will look like an arse.                                                               

To anyone who tries to accusate me of trying to get a position of an Officer, I am not ! I would be honored of course. But I am not suggestiong I should lead by any streach of the imagination. All I am saying we NEED officer. Someone who will play enought to keep it running. And honestly why to host a server where are 2-3 people/day ? It costs money and does not bring anything to the table.

Thank you for any responses and/or support in this matter. If anyone wants to solve this matter (any form of leadership) I am ussualy on TeamSpeak around 9pm GMT+2:00. Or you can PM me and I will come when you want me to. 

Recoveryanonymous likes this

My responses are below in red

Hello, I am fairly new player who bought Rust thinking I will play with the AJSA as this is officialy supported game.

But I was wrong. People on Teamspeak in the room played different game just were in that room. I was playing 3 hours straight, NOBODY joined. After those 3 hours one guy joined. Magically found where I was (you know that big chance you spawn next to the only other person on the server), killed me, laughed to my face and logged out. 

I know this is the part of the game. (I am suggesting he was a cheater tho or he was really lucky ) I am cool with dying.

We take accusations of cheating on our servers quite seriously if you intend to pursue this please pass the details on to the game officer in charge.

But there is NO officer for Rust as far as I am concerned,

There is a game officer, it should be clear from the posts on the sub-forum that this is Bast50 if it is not clear then we shall make it clear. You can contact him on TS or via the forums with PMs with any concerns you may have. As he has put a lot of work into the RUST server over the past several months but has recently been involved in ESO too I feel it is a matter of disrespect to dismiss his involvement.

there is no official room for Rust in TeamSpeak, and the one that is there is under the Unofficial games (wait what ?...). 

RUST as it is not an officially supported game and so does not have an official channel. The reason why it is not officially supported is because the game is in early access and as a rule we do not officially support early access games. The server exists as an experiment by Joe in gauging interest in the community in early access games.

It would be nice to have a officer and play together as AJSA, games like Rust are always better played with others. I will try to contact someone on higher position who will be online so we get someone to play. 

If you had asked any moderator, officer or commander on TS or the players in the RUST server I'm sure they would have either directed you towards Bast50 or someone whom could have done that for you.

Rust is very good game and I desire to spend a lot of time playing it, but if I should stay on the AJSA server, to build something there depends if it will be organized, I know it is about betrayel, about not trusting anyone, but within the AJSA we could work together and have great time. We just need someone to organize it. 

Let's make a list of what is wrong with AJSA Rust server: 1. It is mostly dead ! 
                                                                                           2. There is no leadership for this server ! 

The first point has been addressed by the game officer for the game in one of your other topics in this sub-forum here (http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/17752-is-ajsa-server-dead/) and the second is patently untrue.

And now let's look what we could have if there would be a stable leadership and player base : 1. Very nice cooperativly based game
                                                                                                                                                        2. Nice time playing with other in AJSA
                                                                                                                                                        3. Organization of people (in Teamspeak) and in-game to behave nicely and follow the rules. 
                                                                                                                                                        4. Teams of people building their own towns and working together and competing against other teams. 

I think it would not be hard to find someone to be an officer even there is not many people online. He could make people start playing by putting rules together etc... It is more of a discussion. 

The code of conduct for RUST is a pinned topic (http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/12689-rust-ajsa-server-rules-of-conduct/) in this subforum made by the game officer Bast50. We'd appreciate everyone reading it before playing on the server.

With this post I am asking anyone within the leadership of AJSA to respond and tell me (please) Yes or No towards this proposal + (if possible) a reason for negative response. As it stands I will be actively trying to get people into Rust, on TeamSpeak or other chats, also I will ask them to join the AJSA. 

For any responses, I have made a long and constructive criticism towards AJSA Rust server and said how to improve it or eliminate the problems. Even here everybody has a right to free speech (if not using vulgarism or attacking someone). So please responses "Rust sucks" etc... Don't even try to write you will look like an arse.                                                               

To anyone who tries to accusate me of trying to get a position of an Officer, I am not ! I would be honored of course. But I am not suggestiong I should lead by any streach of the imagination. All I am saying we NEED officer. Someone who will play enought to keep it running. And honestly why to host a server where are 2-3 people/day ? It costs money and does not bring anything to the table.

Thank you for any responses and/or support in this matter. If anyone wants to solve this matter (any form of leadership) I am ussualy on TeamSpeak around 9pm GMT+2:00. Or you can PM me and I will come when you want me to. 

If you wish to discuss this further contact either Bast50 or myself on the forums or TS.

Hello and thank you for your response Dogfish.

As I said I am a newbie in Rust, but it seemed as cheating to me, of course it could have been a simple luck he found me.

I did not know there was a officer for RUST, I will contact him and did not mean to disrespect him.

It seemed it is officialy supported as it has AJSA server. Sorry my bad.

Anyway thank you again for your response. I will contact the officer. I admit I did not do enough research. I value you made time to respond.

Hello Bast50, I apologize for not contacting you directly.

I will play more of Rust and if I would have I qill contact you.