• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BSB

Musical Association: What do you Game to?

8 posts in this topic

Alright, I bring this up because I noticed today the way I relate the band alt-J to League of Legends. The moment I hear their music I start thinking of League and the character I often play while listening to them, Jayce. Similarly said is how I associate Fuel by Metallica to Test Drive: Off-Road Wide-Open. And again Massive Attack/Noisia to EVE Online.

So what about you guys? Do you have a musical association that correlates between tune and controller trigger?

I wanna hear it, let loose!

Listening to "mellow/chill" dubstep makes me wanna play Mass Effect and Metroid Prime lol.

All Battlefield Themes Mix - For Battlefield 4/Other FPSs

Dubstep Mix - Strategy

Epic Music - RPGs

Individual awesome songs - Everything else

I associate Daisuke Ishiwatari and Galneryus to Blaz Blue and Guilty Gear.

Jesus, Sol. Dat Signature.

Sol Omega likes this

Jesus, Sol. Dat Signature.

It's amazing isnt it (btw, if it gets taken away, heres how it looks like) ---> 420Bunny.jpg

I like to listen to the OSTs myself most of the time. Whenever the game has no soundtrack I get my... Wait for it, soundtracks folder! FPS with no music usually go to my techno collection(Prodigy, Fatboy slim, Juno Reactor, Pendulum, deadmau5 and what-not.) I hardly listen to Metal or music that has lyrics in general as it easily gets in the way.

In general the techno bands I mentioned go with Valve shooters(other than hl2 that is.) for example. Also Bobby Prince and other classic FPS tunes. I like to Battlefield to Battlefield themes(2, 2142 and the first one had a lot more tracks than the ones today.)

Strategy games I like to listen to Frank Klepacki or other composers like the Blizzard guys - Tracy W. Bush, Derek Duke, Jason Hayes & Glenn Stafford

v73MnMV.jpg

BSB likes this