• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sharps

What I fear Star Wars Battlefront 3 will be like.

38 posts in this topic

And I don't even know how EA got on the list. Maybe it's the DLC.

Maybe us gamers need to grow up, even though it is fucked up whatever EA does/decides to do.

Maybe us gamers need to grow up.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Still, being nominated for a third time after 2 wins/losses, It's got to make some kind of impression.

That's because us gamers are vindictive sons of bitches and treat every stupid move like a war crime. Then we blaspheme them as we walk out of the store with our copies of Battlefield, Mass Effect, Titanfall, Madden, FIFA, NFS, and Dragon Age.

In regards to Battlefront, they should take some cues from the Galactic Warfare mod from Cod 4 while incorporating the things that worked from the original games.

DemonsColt likes this

BF 3 was fine, Bad Company 2 was fine, Battlefield 2142 was fine, 2 was fine, 1942 was fine and 4 was iffy. Some of the titles I mentioned had buggy releases none compared to 4 far as I remember or at least I wasn't affected. Overall DICE's track record isn't bad and have you played the original Battlefronts recently? They were cheap rip-offs with Star Wars skin, they were fun but it was mostly because you could pilot AT-ATs and Landspeeders.

BF didn't have Jedi, it wouldn't be wrong to the series if the new one didn't. BF2(gotta love the acronyms) Jedi characters were heavily criticized as I remember for taking away the "common soldier" feel of the game, although I agree I kind of liked it so I'm conflicted but as long as it's balanced.

BF didn't have Jedi, it wouldn't be wrong to the series if the new one didn't. BF2(gotta love the acronyms) Jedi characters were heavily criticized as I remember for taking away the "common soldier" feel of the game

I remember not liking them. Maybe if they had made a class focused on melee and with some unique abilities and it was just a weaker unnamed Jedi it would be fine but running around as a super powered character was always annoying.

Knowing DICE, it'll be released as a buggy as hell game even after it's "Open Beta". Still, I pray they don't fuck it up. Seriously, the amount of bad games coming out lately is like they haven't learned from the Video Game Crash Of 1983.

If this were to happen then 9 years of waiting goes down the toilet. Thanks EA! I'm kidding of course, I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN THE GAME!! SO DON'T WORRY

I hope they don't fuck this up. EA is dangling from a cliff after the whole BF4 mess, screwing this one up would be catastrophic.

EA isn't dangling from a cliff. There is absolutely no correlation between game quality and game sales. To give you an example, Rome 2 is the best selling Total War game to date. Games like Call of Duty? Sale breakers. Angry Birds? Over 1 billion sales. How about a game like Portal? 4 Million. Not that great of a number. LA Noire? Flopped.

Gone too and DemonsColt like this

EA has many many years to go. In fact I'd wager it'll be around for ever.

Video Game Crash Of 1983.

Practicing doomsayers are promising us a new crash for at least 2 years now, yet other than publishers complaining that games didn't sell enough when they've sold a shitload, which is a result of overblown marketing budgets that don't really matter(who buys games based on ads anyway?!) and unfinished games, nothing seems troubling for the "industry"
DemonsColt likes this

Practicing doomsayers are promising us a new crash for at least 2 years now,

I've seen people saying that for a lot longer than two years, I think it's been at at least 5 or 6 now where this became popular. It doesn't even make sense they are talking about AAA crap and large publishers. The problem before was the entire market was flooded with tons and tons of bad, sometimes barely functioning titles. This is not happening now, at all, and now we have things like the internet to look into games before we buy them, as well as a lot more quality control than in the past (even though recently it looks like Steam no longer has any).

Gone too likes this

I remember not liking them. Maybe if they had made a class focused on melee and with some unique abilities and it was just a weaker unnamed Jedi it would be fine but running around as a super powered character was always annoying.

I agree, I think there should also be something like Clone Assassins from the Revenge of the Sith game or maybe the Imperial Royal Guards.

BF didn't have Jedi, it wouldn't be wrong to the series if the new one didn't. BF2(gotta love the acronyms) Jedi characters were heavily criticized as I remember for taking away the "common soldier" feel of the game, although I agree I kind of liked it so I'm conflicted but as long as it's balanced.

Actually the first Battlefront did have jedi, they were AI controlled. Remember In some modes and maps a hero would appear and just patrol but, it wouldnt do much of a difference. As for BF2 I dont recall much criticism for jedi, quite the opposite in fact which leads me to believe the third one should definitely include player controlled Jedi again. Specially if EA/DICE dont want this to feel too much like Battlefield Battlefront. However, they should be reworked, not because they were bad but, for a better experience. Make them have broader move sets that reflect the lighstaber forms each hero uses, make lightsabers clash or something between them so that we could have actual duels, have the force do something worth a damn, basically just make them better. Dont go overboard with force bullshit like TFU though!

More OT: I have some faith in DICE but, im scared OP, EA... I totally see the Jedi mode dlc, I sense the game being turned into an online only game, I feel a forgettable campaign that even a big Star Wars fan like me wont even care about from DICE. Im happy that were getting SWBF3, I truly am but, I have accepted that it will come with a price. And not the 60 that I will probably foolishly shell out...

The dark side is clouding everything.