• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Traveller800

help

12 posts in this topic

I am desperate to get at least to lvl 20...but my char gains XP at a pitiful rate.

I seem to be unable to get beyond lvl 11 without running into quests at least 2 levels above my grade.

Still stuck on Auridon as a result.  Yet I saw at the last event that almost everyone was 12 levels or higher above me.

Is there any trick to actually getting better levelling or am I doomed to grind/dying alot?

The only possible advice I can give is to do whatever quests you have because you'll most likely come across new quests on the way that might be more your level.

Also make sure to do the public dungeons, private dungeons and world bosses. In the case of world bosses you might need to wait for other people to show up or try asking within the guild if anyone wants to tag along.

I've found levelling up so far to be reasonably balanced with the odd occasion of having to do higher level quests. Also remember to keep a stock of soul shards for your level range so you can rezz whenever you do die.

Explore, explore, explore. Look for any blank section of the map, and go see what's there, discover every location, complete every quest that comes with it, and do every public dungeon.

I was in the same boat as you in the beta. It felt like I was always a level under the requirement for everything.

You need to explore. You get sooooo much experience from it that it will boggle your mind once you spend an hour off the beaten path.
Then you go into the public dungeons and find a quest and a skyshard, you do the Dolemens, you check out the point of interest. And then you walk away with even more experience.

Open chests. They are easy once you get the hang of it. Watch for the tumbler to jiggle. Then release the LMB and move to the next tumbler.

Craft.

Kill enemies.

Press P, use the magnifine (spelling?) glass, search for a dungeon, and do those 3 dungeons. Guild members are usually ALWAYS up for a dungeon run.

And most of all. Try to ignore the level requirement if it's only 2 levels higher. You will be fine. As long as it's yellow, you can do it.
If you're having problems with the living aspect of doing a quest 2 levels higher; Remember to block, even without a shield when enemies are using heavy attacks. Remember to interrupt their spells (look for faint, thin red lines) and MOVE OUT OF THE RED ON THE GROUND.

With that you will be kicking butt in Tamriel all day every day. =]

Oh and don't forget to block. aside keeping your health up, blocking a strong attack against you will make opponent dizzy, during which time a strong attack by you will knock em to the ground.  Double taps in any direction will consume some STAM, but will quickly roll you out ov a given area (perfect for dodging seige weapons in Cyrodiil I find.)

And if your Sick of PVE leveling, you can always level through PVP. Slow as hell but it's all in good fun.

If you can hang out 'till tomorrow night. I'll help you out. Im off 'till tomorrow or thurday.

Patience young squire. Things become boring and grindy if you just rush through quests, I suggest and implore you to slow down and go through all the dialogue, you'll enjoy it much more that way.

Food is your friend!  If you don't want to make food, just grab bread or whatever you see lying around.  Gives you a nice boost to health, magica, or stamina.  And get Minion addon and add the skyshard map.  Its a must.  If you don't have quests, go explore or find skyshards to boost your skills.  With proper skills. You can beat mobs 10-15 levels higher than you.

Shyshard addon is nice! When Im bored, I go shard hunting... at one point I had 15 unsuded skill point ;-) 

Patience young squire. Things become boring and grindy if you just rush through quests, I suggest and implore you to slow down and go through all the dialogue, you'll enjoy it much more that way.

Well said. After all, this is an elder scrolls game, and whilst I have to say I personally don't think it has the same feel as Skyrim and (probably) Morrowind or Oblivion, it does feel like an elder scrolls game in its own way. For most of this game I have gone solo, but I have taken my time, upgraded my armour, got more gold, explored, talked to NPC's who don't even trigger anything, checked every sack, crate and barrell and it is in this sense that you can tell, it is an elder scrolls game, thus to reiterate: "Take your time".