• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Conor

Assassins Creed Unity

Assassins Creed Unity   59 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for Assassins Creed Unity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. What's your favourite Assassins Creed game?

• Assassins Creed
    • Assassins Creed II
    • Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    • Assassins Creed Revalations
    • Assassins Creed III
    • Assassins Creed III: Liberations
    • Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Assassins Creed IV: Freedom Cry

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

58 posts in this topic

Assassins Creed Unity has been confirmed for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Winter 2014.
It will be set in France during the French Revolution (Which lasted from 1789 to 1799).

Ubisoft said they have been working on the new Assassins Creed game for over three years now and want to give a true next generation AC game.

Ubisoft have also announced two demos have been prepared for E3. Single Player Campaign and a 4 Person Coop Campaign.
 They also said that Coop won't be like in previous games, it will have it's own campaign.

Am really excited to see what is revealed at E3 2014. AC IV: BF improved nearly every complaint I had about Assassins Creed III so I think the series is going to improve again in Unity.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I love the Assassins Creed games, have been playing them since Assassins Creed II and am really excited to see where the series goes after where Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag left it.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag is definitely my favourite in the series, it looks beautiful and there is so much do to in the amazing looking open world. The game added a lot of new combat features/weapons that make it look great, especially how Edward used the environment in combat.

The story was amazing in both Present day and during The Golden Age of Piracy. The story telling was done really well and the present day was great as an introduction so I'd love to see more happen in present day in Unity.

A lot of people say Assassins Creed II is the best, the rooftops and narrow crowed streets were repetitive seeing them over again.
I did love the story, side missions and a lot about the game and it's my second favourite but there are a lot of features not in this game and the combat isn't very great. The only weapons Ezio had were Double Hidden Blade, Sword, Throwing Knifes and Hidden pistol.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Check out the teaser for AC: Unity here:

Sources:
http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-unity-4-player-coop/

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/statuses/457327029198000128

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/statuses/457327902636642304

I agree i love the AC games and i'm defiantly looking forward to unity. Although I have to admit the story telling in 2 and the charismatic Ezio are the reasons why assassins creed 2 is my favorite. Although this also why I loved Edward in 4  because he reminded me of Ezio when he was younger but more piratiey....and he had a ship.

AC: Brotherhood is my favourite thus far. Can't wait for Unity, it sounds like they've put a lot of effort into it and it being next-gen only can only be a good thing

I personally don't like Ubisoft and hate their cash cow mentality of releasing an Assassin's Creed game every year, but I am willing to give this one a try simply because I have a fascination with the French Revolution and the Jacobin Regime in particular. I'll wait till reviews and, if favorable, I'll get it when it drops to $40 or less.

I don't mind a yearly release, they've been doing it it since Assassins Creed II (2009), as long as they keep up the quality of AC IV: Black Flag.

Unity is new gen only and is being worked on by so many people so am sure it will be beautiful.

495711.png

I hope that Unity is better than any other open world Ubisoft game *cough* Watch Dogs *cough* with making the human population not look fuck ugly.

Conor and Milkman255 like this

Five things you might not have known about the upcoming title Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Spoiler: Fact number 5, Unity is made with the ability to have 35,000 A.I.'s at once all going.

Kcdmgirl likes this

I am a huge AC fan and I have been looking forward to Unity and Rogue since they were first announced, though it did surprise me to hear that Ubisoft have been working on Unity since Brotherhood. But this excites me too as if you all remember, Brotherhood was set in just one specific city, Rome, and perhaps now they'll keep Unity to Paris, but have the map be on the sheer scale that Black Flag was. 

However there is one thing I want to bring to the table here; Whats the relationship between Elise and Arno? Ever since Elise's trailer dropped yesterday, rumors and theories have exploded all over the forums/comment sections of youtube. Now whilst a lot of people are thinking "It'll be a love story since Paris is the city of love," I'm not so sure about that, since Assassin's Creed has never truly given us a love story as they're more stories about self-discovery. Sure most of the playable Assassins in the past have been married (Altair to Maria, Ezio to Sofia, Edward to Caroline) but the closest things we've had to full-blown love stories always end in tragedy. What I wish to bring up though, is Arno's biography entry in his Wikia page; "Born to an Austrian mother and a French father with strong ancestral roots to the Assassins, Arno was raised in a noble household in Versailles; due to his upbringing, he was well educated, having access to tutors and books. However, in 1776, when Arno was eight, his father was murdered. He was subsequently adopted by the French Templar Grand Master, though the latter died soon after in a similar manner to Arno's biological father. Wracked with guilt and blaming himself, Arno sought out the Assassins to find redemption, helping those suffering similar injustice." 

So maybe Elise isn't really Arno's girlfriend, perhaps a possible love interest, but I'm thinking its more likely she's a childhood friend of Arno's who could be trying to persuade him to come back to the Templar Order. But hey, like I said before we've never had a real love story before with maybe the exception of Cristina and Ezio, so maybe Unity may just be that, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.  :)

I am a huge AC fan and I have been looking forward to Unity and Rogue since they were first announced, though it did surprise me to hear that Ubisoft have been working on Unity since Brotherhood. But this excites me too as if you all remember, Brotherhood was set in just one specific city, Rome, and perhaps now they'll keep Unity to Paris, but have the map be on the sheer scale that Black Flag was. 

However there is one thing I want to bring to the table here; Whats the relationship between Elise and Arno? Ever since Elise's trailer dropped yesterday, rumors and theories have exploded all over the forums/comment sections of youtube. Now whilst a lot of people are thinking "It'll be a love story since Paris is the city of love," I'm not so sure about that, since Assassin's Creed has never truly given us a love story as they're more stories about self-discovery. Sure most of the playable Assassins in the past have been married (Altair to Maria, Ezio to Sofia, Edward to Caroline) but the closest things we've had to full-blown love stories always end in tragedy. What I wish to bring up though, is Arno's biography entry in his Wikia page; "Born to an Austrian mother and a French father with strong ancestral roots to the Assassins, Arno was raised in a noble household in Versailles; due to his upbringing, he was well educated, having access to tutors and books. However, in 1776, when Arno was eight, his father was murdered. He was subsequently adopted by the French Templar Grand Master, though the latter died soon after in a similar manner to Arno's biological father. Wracked with guilt and blaming himself, Arno sought out the Assassins to find redemption, helping those suffering similar injustice." 

So maybe Elise isn't really Arno's girlfriend, perhaps a possible love interest, but I'm thinking its more likely she's a childhood friend of Arno's who could be trying to persuade him to come back to the Templar Order. But hey, like I said before we've never had a real love story before with maybe the exception of Cristina and Ezio, so maybe Unity may just be that, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.  :)

I share the same kind of excitement and interest of what this all means. Specially this new view on Templars. In Rogue our main character makes it seem the Creed has done something to him so horrible that he turned coat. In Unity, Arno is helping Elise (which sure could be a love interest) but even so, he is helping a Templar rise and take the throne.

I wont lie after Assassin's Creed 3 I fell off with the series. Maybe not for the same reasons as everyone else, but the character Desmond had to do one last thing in which I lost it. Hated so much I skipped Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, just because there are small mentions of Desmond in the game. I bring Assassin's Creed 3 up though, cause I believe it gave us our first Templar who I agreed with the entire game Haytham Kenway. I agreed with him so much I believe that the Templars are the good guys. Both these points I will talk about separate.

Desmond to me was the most annoying, terrible, unlikable, horrifying protagonist of all time. Quoting Hitler from Epic Rap Battles "Everything you do is an epic FAIL!" I can't stand him so much I just skip Black Flag cause I knew he was mention in the game, even if he wasn't a big part or a side thing. But now with Unity I am glad to hear they are trying really hard to keep stepping away from the Desmond story. This time you play yourself, odd but alright. I don't know how they will do that, but my guess is the modern sections will be very short and not much inbetween. Our character might not even talk. As long as we keep going away from Desmond's story I am more than happy to jump back on.

Haytham Kenway, was the first Templar I agreed with. Every time him and his son Connor talked I always thought the same thing "Haytham is right!" Now we have two games which are focusing a story plot of the Templars or certain Templars being good or in the right. I feel in the early years, yes the Templars were these horrible people. But it seems there was this turning point in history. Where the Templars started to be on the right side, and the Assassin's continuing this hateful battle. I feel Unity is this turning point, where Assassin and Templar work together for a common goal. It may work, but many Assassins will be blinded by centuries of hate and continue this battle. Which may lead us all the way to Rogue. Where the Assassin's 'Creed' seems to have fall off and become nothing. To the point even Assassins are turning coat, because of the Creeds ignorance.

One thing I am worried about and was hoping to see was this 'Eve' person. Back in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Juno tells Desmond that only he the same of Adam, and her the daughter of Eve could save this world. Ever since than we have seen no hide or tail of this 'Eve' daughter. I thought since Arno is not part of Desmond's family line that we could see this 'Eve' character finally. Maybe even make her/ or will be a Templar. Giving a reason to force both Assassin's to clean up the mistakes of Desmond from Assassins Creed 3, and mend centuries of war between factions.

I share the same kind of excitement and interest of what this all means. Specially this new view on Templars. In Rogue our main character makes it seem the Creed has done something to him so horrible that he turned coat. In Unity, Arno is helping Elise (which sure could be a love interest) but even so, he is helping a Templar rise and take the throne.

I wont lie after Assassin's Creed 3 I fell off with the series. Maybe not for the same reasons as everyone else, but the character Desmond had to do one last thing in which I lost it. Hated so much I skipped Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, just because there are small mentions of Desmond in the game. I bring Assassin's Creed 3 up though, cause I believe it gave us our first Templar who I agreed with the entire game Haytham Kenway. I agreed with him so much I believe that the Templars are the good guys. Both these points I will talk about separate.

Desmond to me was the most annoying, terrible, unlikable, horrifying protagonist of all time. Quoting Hitler from Epic Rap Battles "Everything you do is an epic FAIL!" I can't stand him so much I just skip Black Flag cause I knew he was mention in the game, even if he wasn't a big part or a side thing. But now with Unity I am glad to hear they are trying really hard to keep stepping away from the Desmond story. This time you play yourself, odd but alright. I don't know how they will do that, but my guess is the modern sections will be very short and not much inbetween. Our character might not even talk. As long as we keep going away from Desmond's story I am more than happy to jump back on.

Haytham Kenway, was the first Templar I agreed with. Every time him and his son Connor talked I always thought the same thing "Haytham is right!" Now we have two games which are focusing a story plot of the Templars or certain Templars being good or in the right. I feel in the early years, yes the Templars were these horrible people. But it seems there was this turning point in history. Where the Templars started to be on the right side, and the Assassin's continuing this hateful battle. I feel Unity is this turning point, where Assassin and Templar work together for a common goal. It may work, but many Assassins will be blinded by centuries of hate and continue this battle. Which may lead us all the way to Rogue. Where the Assassin's 'Creed' seems to have fall off and become nothing. To the point even Assassins are turning coat, because of the Creeds ignorance.

One thing I am worried about and was hoping to see was this 'Eve' person. Back in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Juno tells Desmond that only he the same of Adam, and her the daughter of Eve could save this world. Ever since than we have seen no hide or tail of this 'Eve' daughter. I thought since Arno is not part of Desmond's family line that we could see this 'Eve' character finally. Maybe even make her/ or will be a Templar. Giving a reason to force both Assassin's to clean up the mistakes of Desmond from Assassins Creed 3, and mend centuries of war between factions.

Although most of the time I didn't really care about the Modern day Desmond story because it was just too over the top to me, but you are right, however I feel that Connor was very childish when he approached some situations, but I did wish to play as Haytham again, but Haytham was raised by Edward, the main protagonist of Black Flag and in the book Assassin's Creed Forsaken, which I highly recommend to any fan of the series, Haytham does tell how even though he remained a Teplar, he did have Assassin ideals and carried out some of their traditions due to Edward. But Ubisoft did confirm we will be seeing Haytham in Rogue, which takes place during 3 and Unity taking place just afterwards. 

However just because there is one character you don't like, doesn't mean you should let that ruin the entire game for you. Black Flag was a total change in direction from the other games with less focus on the Modern day and more on Edward, it even leads in to Assassin's Creed 3 a little bit as we do see Haytham in a post-credits scene. Seriously, play Black Flag, its less about the whole Templars vs. Assassins and the Relics of Eden and is more a story of self-discovery and well, I'd even say watching Edward change from a boy to a man and for me is about ten times more relate-able than Connor anyway.  

Am I the only one who's going to miss ye olde AC multiplayer?

I wanted to see that brought into the next gen with older modes like Corruption and that 3 teams of 2 Manhunt mode returning.

Ah well.

I'm playing AC4 right now, actually, and there is one thing I'm finding annoying: Climbing the ships during boarding.

I can't count the number of times I've tried to jump forward only for Edward to jump to the left, grab the hook, and swing back down to the deck.

Or the number of times I've plummeted to my death trying to jump from a mast to rope that leads to the next mast.

Hopefully with the climbing being more dynamic in Unity, such problems will be nonexistent.

Although most of the time I didn't really care about the Modern day Desmond story because it was just too over the top to me, but you are right, however I feel that Connor was very childish when he approached some situations, but I did wish to play as Haytham again, but Haytham was raised by Edward, the main protagonist of Black Flag and in the book Assassin's Creed Forsaken, which I highly recommend to any fan of the series, Haytham does tell how even though he remained a Teplar, he did have Assassin ideals and carried out some of their traditions due to Edward. But Ubisoft did confirm we will be seeing Haytham in Rogue, which takes place during 3 and Unity taking place just afterwards. 

However just because there is one character you don't like, doesn't mean you should let that ruin the entire game for you. Black Flag was a total change in direction from the other games with less focus on the Modern day and more on Edward, it even leads in to Assassin's Creed 3 a little bit as we do see Haytham in a post-credits scene. Seriously, play Black Flag, its less about the whole Templars vs. Assassins and the Relics of Eden and is more a story of self-discovery and well, I'd even say watching Edward change from a boy to a man and for me is about ten times more relate-able than Connor anyway.  

I know my hatred is childish. To let one character ruin a series for me, is not logical in anyway. But I just can't accept letting it go. I could go on for hours of how crappy Desmond as a character as a whole pissed me off. But it's the events of Assassin's Creed 3, mainly the end which was the turning point for me. I am a fan, sure I don't read all the comics or books. I don't see all the little movies or shorts of Assassin's Creed. I take my knowledge right from the games. Do I miss out of key information that will explain a character more. Sure, maybe. But there is nothing to explain what Desmond did at the end of Assassin's Creed 3 in my mind justified. That same year Mass Effect 3 had came out, and people shit and attacked that ending cause of the betrayal they felt. Our Lord Commander was one of these. I stand and say Assassin's Creed 3's ending is much worse, and while Bioware went back and fix a mistake. Ubisoft has not fixed or justified at all, but instead slowly try to sweep it under the table. Because Ubisoft understands the corner they put themselves with such a baffling ending.

Sure in Mass Effect 3's original ending its was color coded. But fuck atleast you got a choice. Atleast half way through explaining loosely what each ending was Star Child just picked and ending. That's what Desmond did to us. When both Juno and Minerva come out at the end and explain each others ending. You get Juno who goes into great detail about if Desmond chooses Minerva plan. But the second Minerva goes to tell Desmond Juno's plan Desmond just say fuck it and picks Juno. I understand Desmond doesn't want the world to end, or have history repeat. But why not hear out Minerva about Juno's evil plot. How Juno has the power of the Apple. How she can bend reality and control minds. How Desmond releases a God who wants to rule the world. While Desmond just says to his friends "Oh you guys got this GOOD LUCK YOLO!" I don't think I would have mind it as much if he atleast heard Minerva out. So you could understand the weight of Juno ruling the world would mean. But no he just does it. That moment I felt betrayed. Everything you fought for, only for Desmond to say Yolo and release a God on to the world who can't be stopped by normal humans. You had Assassin's Creed Black Flag try and tie this in poorly as if they didn't know what to do with it.

Now it seems Unity wont even or very little notice this as well. So you gave us a ending that was a betrayal for everything you fought for. Now you just silently sweep it under the carpet.

That's my childish hatred. I know its stupid, but I can't just ignore what Desmond did.

I know my hatred is childish. To let one character ruin a series for me, is not logical in anyway. But I just can't accept letting it go. I could go on for hours of how crappy Desmond as a character as a whole pissed me off. But it's the events of Assassin's Creed 3, mainly the end which was the turning point for me. I am a fan, sure I don't read all the comics or books. I don't see all the little movies or shorts of Assassin's Creed. I take my knowledge right from the games. Do I miss out of key information that will explain a character more. Sure, maybe. But there is nothing to explain what Desmond did at the end of Assassin's Creed 3 in my mind justified. That same year Mass Effect 3 had came out, and people shit and attacked that ending cause of the betrayal they felt. Our Lord Commander was one of these. I stand and say Assassin's Creed 3's ending is much worse, and while Bioware went back and fix a mistake. Ubisoft has not fixed or justified at all, but instead slowly try to sweep it under the table. Because Ubisoft understands the corner they put themselves with such a baffling ending.

Sure in Mass Effect 3's original ending its was color coded. But fuck atleast you got a choice. Atleast half way through explaining loosely what each ending was Star Child just picked and ending. That's what Desmond did to us. When both Juno and Minerva come out at the end and explain each others ending. You get Juno who goes into great detail about if Desmond chooses Minerva plan. But the second Minerva goes to tell Desmond Juno's plan Desmond just say fuck it and picks Juno. I understand Desmond doesn't want the world to end, or have history repeat. But why not hear out Minerva about Juno's evil plot. How Juno has the power of the Apple. How she can bend reality and control minds. How Desmond releases a God who wants to rule the world. While Desmond just says to his friends "Oh you guys got this GOOD LUCK YOLO!" I don't think I would have mind it as much if he atleast heard Minerva out. So you could understand the weight of Juno ruling the world would mean. But no he just does it. That moment I felt betrayed. Everything you fought for, only for Desmond to say Yolo and release a God on to the world who can't be stopped by normal humans. You had Assassin's Creed Black Flag try and tie this in poorly as if they didn't know what to do with it.

Now it seems Unity wont even or very little notice this as well. So you gave us a ending that was a betrayal for everything you fought for. Now you just silently sweep it under the carpet.

That's my childish hatred. I know its stupid, but I can't just ignore what Desmond did.

I don't think Ubisoft is abandoning it per-say, but it just sounds like they're really taking a step back and reflecting on what could be the next move to go in the modern day story, but even though I never played Mass Effect (It just doesn't really appeal to me) it really did help Ubisoft to get some criticism for once, like Gearbox with the Borderlands and Aliens Colonial Marines (Which honestly I really don't think they've learned from) and I do think eventually that they might eliminate the modern setting altogether. 

However like I said before, just because you didn't like one character, don't let it ruin the entire game for you. A lot of people hated Ashley from Resident Evil 4, yet a lot of people consider that to be the best Resident Evil game getting the perfect balance between horror and action. In Black Flag, they really don't ignore what Desmond did, but they just tone it down a little bit (but I do think its funny how they satirize themselves as well as the previous installments of the franchise) not to mention you get a real taste of how much of a creepy weirdo Warren Vidic was, but it also allows you a glimpse inside of Abstergo, since from just working in one division, you learn not everybody who works at Abstergo are Templars, they're just like bees in a hive really, doing all the work whilst the Queen or the Templars, just watch over and bring in more workers. 

The thing with Juno is that she hasn't played her hand just yet. She hasn't declared herself a viable threat, the only Assassin who really knew anything about her was Desmond, and the Templars are really only concerned with Desmond's ancestors, not the man himself.

So until Juno finally steps into the role of Big Bad, I think they're trying to blur the lines between Assassin and Templar a bit. Show that the two groups have worked together in the past and make it viable for them to work together once again in the present day against a bigger threat.

If Juno just showed up and the Assassins and Templars immediately starting singing Barney songs, we'd all call bullshit on it.

Kcdmgirl likes this

The thing with Juno is that she hasn't played her hand just yet. She hasn't declared herself a viable threat, the only Assassin who really knew anything about her was Desmond, and the Templars are really only concerned with Desmond's ancestors, not the man himself.

So until Juno finally steps into the role of Big Bad, I think they're trying to blur the lines between Assassin and Templar a bit. Show that the two groups have worked together in the past and make it viable for them to work together once again in the present day against a bigger threat.

If Juno just showed up and the Assassins and Templars immediately starting singing Barney songs, we'd all call bullshit on it.

I think it was Shaun in 3 who said Assassins and Templars have worked together in the past and it had never really worked out, but in Unity and Rogue we are seeing something unique come to the table, Arno was raised by the Templars yet became an Assassin, and Shay was an Assassin who became a Templar. Granted in earlier games the Templars were just outright sh!tlords (especially in AC2 and Brotherhood) I think Ubisoft is trying to show that as time went by, things got more and more complex and in a way, the orders actually took on each others ideals. 

I think it was Shaun in 3 who said Assassins and Templars have worked together in the past and it had never really worked out, but in Unity and Rogue we are seeing something unique come to the table, Arno was raised by the Templars yet became an Assassin, and Shay was an Assassin who became a Templar. Granted in earlier games the Templars were just outright sh!tlords (especially in AC2 and Brotherhood) I think Ubisoft is trying to show that as time went by, things got more and more complex and in a way, the orders actually took on each others ideals. 

I do agree with this mainly with how the earlier years with AC1, AC2 trilogy the Templar's were without a doubt bad guys. But with Assassin's Creed 3 bringing us Haytham and now with Arno working with the Templar Heir and Shay turning coat. It seems to show the lines have blurred and each others motives have changed. I can't want to play Unity and get myself back into the Assassin's Creed games. Specially with a iconic era to be in, with a twist of Arno and his character and what the Templar's mean to him.

I don't think Ubisoft is abandoning it per-say, but it just sounds like they're really taking a step back and reflecting on what could be the next move to go in the modern day story, but even though I never played Mass Effect (It just doesn't really appeal to me) it really did help Ubisoft to get some criticism for once, like Gearbox with the Borderlands and Aliens Colonial Marines (Which honestly I really don't think they've learned from) and I do think eventually that they might eliminate the modern setting altogether. 

However like I said before, just because you didn't like one character, don't let it ruin the entire game for you. A lot of people hated Ashley from Resident Evil 4, yet a lot of people consider that to be the best Resident Evil game getting the perfect balance between horror and action. In Black Flag, they really don't ignore what Desmond did, but they just tone it down a little bit (but I do think its funny how they satirize themselves as well as the previous installments of the franchise) not to mention you get a real taste of how much of a creepy weirdo Warren Vidic was, but it also allows you a glimpse inside of Abstergo, since from just working in one division, you learn not everybody who works at Abstergo are Templars, they're just like bees in a hive really, doing all the work whilst the Queen or the Templars, just watch over and bring in more workers. 

I understand all this, and I am not saying Black Flag is a bad game just for mention Desmond. I am hoping Unity is that breaker, which can help convince me of backing off my hatred. We'll see but I am picking up Unity.

Good talk though, usually on the internet people hang on another for having different thoughts.

I do agree with this mainly with how the earlier years with AC1, AC2 trilogy the Templar's were without a doubt bad guys. But with Assassin's Creed 3 bringing us Haytham and now with Arno working with the Templar Heir and Shay turning coat. It seems to show the lines have blurred and each others motives have changed. I can't want to play Unity and get myself back into the Assassin's Creed games. Specially with a iconic era to be in, with a twist of Arno and his character and what the Templar's mean to him.

I understand all this, and I am not saying Black Flag is a bad game just for mention Desmond. I am hoping Unity is that breaker, which can help convince me of backing off my hatred. We'll see but I am picking up Unity.

Good talk though, usually on the internet people hang on another for having different thoughts.

Oh believe me if I had enough money I would buy the equipment and software I need to make theory video's and trailer analysis on Assassins Creed on Youtube everday, but until that time comes, I am always up for a good chinwag as they say where I'm from, but it does seem like I'd enjoy Unity more than Rogue and maybe when I think I've got enough from Unity, which wont be for a while, I'll buy Rogue when the Christmas Sales are on. That and Unity is one of the reasons why I bought a PS4. But yeah, its like you said, its always good to talk and I'm surprised how little trolls there are here, although you do get the occasional douche bag 

Honestly that's the sort of thing I've been looking forward to from the series for a while. They've said from the start that both sides are neither right nor wrong, yet up until now Templars have always been evil purely for no other reason than because we're playing as an Assassin. I want to actually SEE it, you know?

Although considering Templars in the present like Vidic and that the Assassin's aren't really the driving force they were in the past, it seems the Templars went back to being assholes again at some point. Trying to brainwash the entire world to save us from ourselves doesn't lend them much sympathy. But again, we're only seeing specific members of the current order who are assholes. Perhaps there's some good ones amongst them that we haven't seen yet. But I doubt nice people tend to land high-ranking jobs in such a company as Abstergo.

Honestly that's the sort of thing I've been looking forward to from the series for a while. They've said from the start that both sides are neither right nor wrong, yet up until now Templars have always been evil purely for no other reason than because we're playing as an Assassin. I want to actually SEE it, you know?

Although considering Templars in the present like Vidic and that the Assassin's aren't really the driving force they were in the past, it seems the Templars went back to being assholes again at some point. Trying to brainwash the entire world to save us from ourselves doesn't lend them much sympathy. But again, we're only seeing specific members of the current order who are assholes. Perhaps there's some good ones amongst them that we haven't seen yet. But I doubt nice people tend to land high-ranking jobs in such a company as Abstergo.

I think the Templars went back to being these huge shitlords when the earliest versions of modern day technology started coming out. Templars have always been big industrial players so when they probably realized how much industry and politics can influence a population, they most likely jumped at the chance but as per tradition with the Assassins, they prefer to take a more subtle approach. During the revolutionary period or age of exploration when everybody was grabbing land for their country, the priorities of the Templars and Assassins changed almost becoming the same to the point where their interests would align enough for them to work together and cause both sides to question their morals. 

I got bored halfway through playing AC3 as it's the same game each time with an additional battle mechanic and change of scenery. Then I read that Unisoft openly came out saying that as long as they think people will keep buying the games they will stretch it out as long as possible, bringing a game out each year just to make money. (They actually said that in as many words)

The only thing keeping my interest up to AC3 was the apocalyptic storyline and how the previous generation of humans were going to help us overcome the threat that was coming. To find that the story would be prolonged and probably butchered along the way just to keep bringing out more games made me really dislike the series from that point on.

If you haven't played Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag you have done yourself a grave injustice.  I loved it.  I hated Assassin's Creed 3 but adored 4.

Kcdmgirl likes this

I hope I can find some people to play co-op with me though since all of my friends either just have 3DS's for Pokemon or all have Xbox ones. I have a PS4 and though I wouldn't sell it or buy and Xbox one, I feel a bit sad about the fact I wont be able to test a feature the developer has been going insane for.

I hope I can find some people to play co-op with me though since all of my friends either just have 3DS's for Pokemon or all have Xbox ones. I have a PS4 and though I wouldn't sell it or buy and Xbox one, I feel a bit sad about the fact I wont be able to test a feature the developer has been going insane for.

With the PS4 community I am sure you will be able to. I know I will probably be picking the game up. I believe many others are as well.

So... Ubisoft has become the new EA?

I mean this is confusing cause before all this. Activision was the Activision, than EA become Activision and turned it into being EA. Now Ubisoft is being the EA and changing it to the Ubisoft.

So... Ubisoft has become the new EA?

I mean this is confusing cause before all this. Activision was the Activision, than EA become Activision and turned it into being EA. Now Ubisoft is being the EA and changing it to the Ubisoft.

Actually, I think this is just to get everything a little bit quicker you know, like how you usually just start off with a sword and hidden blade then as you go you get all of your gear? Maybe its just to get it quicker, but even then I think that would ruin the game if you had everything from the start rather than having the satisfaction of questing for it like in Black Flag for the best upgrades