• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AngryBrute

Stories about being Bullied.

19 posts in this topic

*THE POINT: If you have ever been bullied by somebody in school, please share if you would like to.*

When I was in School, I was not a really sociable person. I was very shy, and kinda insecure about myself. Naturally I became a target for the narrow minded children of that time. Outside of the usual name calling, I was beaten, pushed down, de-humanized, and down right treated like an animal.

When I was in 8th grade a kid walked up to me and just started punching me in the face. I don't know why to this day, it was horrifying watching a circle forming around you with about 30 other kids screaming, and laughing. It felt like being a pit with a giant spot light directly on you. And there is absolutely nothing that you can do to get out of it.

On top of that, I was constantly told that I was worthless. I was nothing more than a waste of meat and I would always be that way. Now, I know that is not true--but at that time, when you're told that enough--you start to believe it. I dreaded going back to school, I looked for ANY excuse to stay home. I cried myself to sleep many nights, hoping and praying that it would all just go away. So that I could fade into obscurity, and recover what was left of my soul.

But still, it came. And the more I stood by and did nothing, the worse it got. There were times where I fought back and won. I was proud of myself, but then it came right back again. 

My school could do nothing. All they could do was put them in suspension, or call their parents. But that just made things worse, either their parents whispering in their ear, or a misplaced sense of revenge cause them to lash back. 

...By that time, I have had enough of it. I wanted it all to end in one fail swoop.

When I was in 9th grade, I was planning to kill myself. I had it all planned out, I would leave a long note beside me, take lots of painkillers (or whatever there was) and just drift away overnight. 

There I was, seconds away from popping the first pill. Then something happened, everything around me faded and I saw something. It was like a voice in a cold silence and it spoke to me. 

It told me that "this is not how you will end. There is much more to life than what you're feeling now. You will go on, have a blessed life, you will have a family, a loving wife, children, and everything that you have experienced will have no hold over you anymore."

I dont know why I believed it, but I did. I put those things away and believed it.

Now here I am. Almost a decade later, I am graduating college, I am getting married this June to my absolute Best Friend ever!

...And absolutely NONE of the things that I have gone through have held me back once. I was so afraid of life here, that I was willing to cut it short. It was but a fragment of the life that I will live. If somebody tells you that you're nothing, they are wrong! You're a human, your life has meaning! Let NOBODY on this planet tell you otherwise.

Because somebody out there loves you.

Kaz32 and hunter_5988 like this

I've been bullied before, although I wasn't the nicest kid growing up (at least to my peers anyway). I always got into name calling and other juvenile behavior with my bullies, never really going anywhere or doing anything to stop it. Then one day I just had enough of it and punched them all in the nose. Needless to say that stopped it right there. I know violence shouldn't solve everything but sometimes someone just needs a good swift kick in the ass to stop doing things. And honestly that's what I think we need to teach kids: Not only should you tell your parents or teachers about it, but if you go to them and that doesn't end it and the guy(s)/gal(s) persist a good fist to the face will quell that right quick.

Berserker, DestinyDecade and Kaz32 like this

*THE POINT: If you have ever been bullied by somebody in school, please share if you would like to.*

When I was in School, I was not a really sociable person. I was very shy, and kinda insecure about myself. Naturally I became a target for the narrow minded children of that time. Outside of the usual name calling, I was beaten, pushed down, de-humanized, and down right treated like an animal.

When I was in 8th grade a kid walked up to me and just started punching me in the face. I don't know why to this day, it was horrifying watching a circle forming around you with about 30 other kids screaming, and laughing. It felt like being a pit with a giant spot light directly on you. And there is absolutely nothing that you can do to get out of it.

On top of that, I was constantly told that I was worthless. I was nothing more than a waste of meat and I would always be that way. Now, I know that is not true--but at that time, when you're told that enough--you start to believe it. I dreaded going back to school, I looked for ANY excuse to stay home. I cried myself to sleep many nights, hoping and praying that it would all just go away. So that I could fade into obscurity, and recover what was left of my soul.

But still, it came. And the more I stood by and did nothing, the worse it got. There were times where I fought back and won. I was proud of myself, but then it came right back again.

My school could do nothing. All they could do was put them in suspension, or call their parents. But that just made things worse, either their parents whispering in their ear, or a misplaced sense of revenge cause them to lash back.

...By that time, I have had enough of it. I wanted it all to end in one fail swoop.

When I was in 9th grade, I was planning to kill myself. I had it all planned out, I would leave a long note beside me, take lots of painkillers (or whatever there was) and just drift away overnight.

There I was, seconds away from popping the first pill. Then something happened, everything around me faded and I saw something. It was like a voice in a cold silence and it spoke to me.

It told me that "this is not how you will end. There is much more to life than what you're feeling now. You will go on, have a blessed life, you will have a family, a loving wife, children, and everything that you have experienced will have no hold over you anymore."

I dont know why I believed it, but I did. I put those things away and believed it.

Now here I am. Almost a decade later, I am graduating college, I am getting married this June to my absolute Best Friend ever!

...And absolutely NONE of the things that I have gone through have held me back once. I was so afraid of life here, that I was willing to cut it short. It was but a fragment of the life that I will live. If somebody tells you that you're nothing, they are wrong! You're a human, your life has meaning! Let NOBODY on this planet tell you otherwise.

Because somebody out there loves you.

Don't ever think of killing yourself ever again. Good thing that voice tells you to move on. There's still lots of games to play and movies to watch!

Funny thing back when I was at school. I made bullies regret ever bullying me by punching them in the face, except girls. They always like to punch me but I don't want to hurt them, except when they went too far so I slapped them. Most of the time I just reported them. If you meet me in person back then, It was like meeting a completely different person than me now. Most of the time stupid kids just try and bully me, and I made them regret it. There's one time where 5 people grabbed me and tried to drag me to a place filled with dogs in school, so I muay thay shin the leader of the group in the nose which made his nose bleed, while the other 4 just pushed me down a puddle of muddy water. After that we went to class, and all is forgiven. This guy is a complete attention seeker that always have to repeat his grade. I never heard from that guy again.

There's this teacher in primary school that I am surprised is even a teacher. He's a prick to the max. He often calls students "you're rubbish" while slapping them more than 5 times, including me. Me and the other students didn't want to report him. I don't know why, perhaps because we weren't taught to do so, and we want to prove him wrong by showing that we are not trash. Good thing I proved him wrong and I passed the year with good grades. A year later he got fired because someone finally reported his missconduct to the principal. Good ridance.

Years passed after that, and whenever a bully tries to bully me, I took the silent approach and just call the teacher. Good thing those people never bully me again.

Moral of my life's story: don't give up, and don't give in to the bullies. Just report them and you'll never have to deal with them again.

Pretty much sums up my child hood.

Then I decided "fuck it," and became an asshole. Bullied the bullies. Felt great. Got the point across.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, this stuck with me.

As for bullying, I can say a lot. However I'll just say this: when all else fails, fight back. Some people don't learn until you feed them their own medicine.

Also, applying eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind to bullying is a shitty thing to do. And so is sticks and stones.

While I'm still at it, why even make this thread?

I was always a nerd, at least after I got into metal and started being a frontman I stopped looking like it, but my bullies were long before that. Since very early on it happened and my response was very aggressive overall, if I could go back I'd be even more vicious might have avoided some things. 

In 4th grade I stabbed a guy's hand with a metal pencil and punched his face after an entire year of bullying. In 5th I lost a fight after doing the same thing to a guy's belly, I was never suicidal but hell did I want to go all columbine on them sometimes, absolute truth? If I had the means of murdering them and not getting caught I'd have done it. After 7th or so I didn't have many problems anymore, moved alot and always established my dominance pretty early on in new circles, I'm not a big guy but I can be menacing it seems. 

I have at least one funny story of brains over brawn. I knew some guys were forming up a racket with the computer lab's old parts that no one would notice, someday very suddenly they decided to pick on me for no good reason to assert their popularity or whatever the hell. The moral of this story is don't screw with people who can screw you worse, they were suspended reported, mothers came in to talk and what-not and never looked in my face ever again.

Because I'm short, shy kid... than any people in school Im always been targeted for bullies. Everyday everyone punched me, mock me, making fun of me and my families. Then I couldn't stand it anymore. I ever wanted to KILL them all. My mind almost turned me into insane. But someday I find some article on TV & Magazine that some successful people are once a victim of bullies. Then I realize "Hey, maybe when in the future I can take revenge to my bullies when Im become successful too". That taught always cheer me up and even Im still bullied, I just ignored them. Until I moved to another city when Im 10th grade, Fortunately I meet some wonderful friends with less bullies.  :)

Now im in college, Even I'm still being targeted for bullies, I just ignore them and think positive. Thank God now Im have many good friends and buddies so I can continue my life.

Only one way to deal with bullies

IrishRogue and Kaz32 like this

I've suffered my own incidents of bullying thanks to my aspergers syndrome and sheer bad luck.

Only three incidents really stand out in my head, two at high school/college and one on a MMO.

The first, at high school actually could have killed me when someone pushed me so I went face first into some stone paving slabs hard enough to be out cold for a few seconds.  My friends said they had a small idea who did it as they saw someone run off laughing as I was being helped.

The second was later, at college after me and my friends from high school had gone their seperate ways.  I was walking home when a group of 6 formers on mountain bikes came across me and thought it would be fun to chase me through town, calling how they wanted to run me over.  Luckily I got away from them but I was scared out of my mind.

The third was more of a annoyance to me personally and occured on Eve Online.  A player going by the name Black skull 929 decided that I should, and I quote 'get in the bath, drop a hairdryer in after me and end my retardedness for everyone else'.  At the time I was heavily depressed by real life and this guy crashed the scope channel where my fellow corp mates were cheering me up how I should kill myself...for a second I actually concidered it.

In all three cases the bullies never got into trouble...hell black skull 929 got free stuff from CCP last I heard.

That said, its nice to find a guild like the AJSA who are fulol of friendly considerate fellow gamers.

Yeah i had only a few "psychological" bullies, the ones i was tormented by, until i was 15 and started to stand up and do something about it, were more the kind of bullies who beat the crap out of you. The big problem is when you try to stand up asking for help to someone and they say to you that "you got to fight your own battles or you will never grow up", yeah...that worked pretty well when those lovely guys decided to lock me in a closet and tear off my fingernails with tongs and nobody cared (yeah fucking nobody from my teachers to my parents to the delightful police officer i asked for help the next day). As if i needed more reasons to hate school...

damn pretty crazy stories in here, never been bullied personally

can't stand bullies, years ago in school when seeing someone who was bullied id go over and see what's up and they'd automatically think i was a bully myself and be so reserved and suspicious. its a sad thing to see

but by the time i was in the later years of school all the guys that got bullied just learnt to stay around me and my mates, stopped people messing with them.

I was bullied when I was younger mostly due to my autism and timidness. But most recently, it happened again due towards YouTube jealousy. In turn, several people decide to humiliate me by posting stuff on Twitter for the sake of driving me into depression. If that isn't bullying, I don't know what is.

I know who they are that's responsible for doing it and I can list names... unless people don't want me to.

The point is, thanks to some of these people, I'm reduced to being a doormat and I hate that. I feel like I want to get my revenge on them and make them pay. I struggle and that's what sucks. :(

I was bullied when I was younger mostly due to my autism and timidness. But most recently, it happened again due towards YouTube jealousy. In turn, several people decide to humiliate me by posting stuff on Twitter for the sake of driving me into depression. If that isn't bullying, I don't know what is.

I know who they are that's responsible for doing it and I can list names... unless people don't want me to.

The point is, thanks to some of these people, I'm reduced to being a doormat and I hate that. I feel like I want to get my revenge on them and make them pay. I struggle and that's what sucks. :(

I want names.

I've always been chubby or fat so I have been teased/bullied a few times. I am also a rather quiet person who minds himself (most of the time) so I'm not one to "fight back" at least not physically, and it never became necessary anyway. Generally I've always had friends around that would back me up and I'd do the same for them. Normally anyone who would honestly try to bully me wasn't because of me, rather they were lashing out because of a poor situation they had. There was one guy who used to bully a number of people and we all just couldn't stand him. Turns out his father was a drunk, he didn't have a mom and he was constantly being put down at home. Once I found that out I quit feeling anger towards him and instead felt pity. I find incredibly sad that people have to direct their anger at others because they see something they can latch on to and make fun of.

I want names.

I've always been chubby or fat so I have been teased/bullied a few times. I am also a rather quiet person who minds himself (most of the time) so I'm not one to "fight back" at least not physically, and it never became necessary anyway. Generally I've always had friends around that would back me up and I'd do the same for them. Normally anyone who would honestly try to bully me wasn't because of me, rather they were lashing out because of a poor situation they had. There was one guy who used to bully a number of people and we all just couldn't stand him. Turns out his father was a drunk, he didn't have a mom and he was constantly being put down at home. Once I found that out I quit feeling anger towards him and instead felt pity. I find incredibly sad that people have to direct their anger at others because they see something they can latch on to and make fun of.

You want names? I'll tell you.

PKSparkxx, Cobanermani456, BlahBlahLPs and TailsChannel and all of it happened on Twitter and I have saved some evidence. Also, they are the most well known people on YouTube and the reason why they do it is because I am jealous of their success and that I would never be as successful as them. I'm not kidding.

Anyway, I have a real story of how I was bullied once and it happened during sophomore year. It was cause of a few kids deciding to make fun of me since I was different. I was too nice a kid, too timid and someone that had no backbone. They made fun of me. Yeah, it wasn't physical. More or less emotional and mental. It went on all day until I broke down into tears and told a teacher about it. I didn't rely on violence or anything. The teachers disciplined them and they stopped ever since. But this serves as a reminder of how easy back then people can be bullied. It happened in a Special Ed. School no less which sucks even more. Nowadays, bullying can happen to anyone, anywhere at anytime and the results are disastrous.

You want names? I'll tell you.

PKSparkxx, Cobanermani456, BlahBlahLPs and TailsChannel and all of it happened on Twitter and I have saved some evidence. Also, they are the most well known people on YouTube and the reason why they do it is because I am jealous of their success and that I would never be as successful as them. I'm not kidding.

I have honestly never heard of those people, but now that I know what they are like I can avoid them. Don't worry about what kind of success they have, just stay focused on you and what you do with your channel. I actually started watching your BlazBlue series and I'll probably marathon it in a few days when I have the time, as well as go back and start your other series'. I like your content, glad I found you on these forums.

To OP, sorry I kind of got off topic. I was just curious about his situation.

DestinyDecade likes this

I got bullied my whole school life. I'm a big guy (2,01m, 280 pounds wand not all fat) but I never used this to my advantage and so they found an easy target in me. I got kicked around, verbally bullied and punched through my whole "high school" time. All I ever heard was "also show them the other cheek. they will stop" but they never did. In my last year I snapped and punched one of them. The teacher only saw what I did but did not care for the abuse before this so I had to deal with the backlash. 

Then one time at the end of school we travelled to italy and I stayed with nearly all of my bullies in one room which was hell in a nutshell. After several days of bullshit I just sat there staring at the wall and never blinked. This did go on for one hour. At first they made fun of me and joked around but to the end it drove them crazy and somehow they realized what they were doing the whole time through this. It suddenly stopped but left scars within me to this day. It is one of the causes for my diagnosed depression.

I'm not even mad at those guys today. They are the ones that had something going wrong in their lives so they had to carry it out to an easy target to find relief for what goes wrong in theirs.

I got bullied my whole school life. I'm a big guy (2,01m, 280 pounds wand not all fat) but I never used this to my advantage and so they found an easy target in me. I got kicked around, verbally bullied and punched through my whole "high school" time. All I ever heard was "also show them the other cheek. they will stop" but they never did. In my last year I snapped and punched one of them. The teacher only saw what I did but did not care for the abuse before this so I had to deal with the backlash. 

Then one time at the end of school we travelled to italy and I stayed with nearly all of my bullies in one room which was hell in a nutshell. After several days of bullshit I just sat there staring at the wall and never blinked. This did go on for one hour. At first they made fun of me and joked around but to the end it drove them crazy and somehow they realized what they were doing the whole time through this. It suddenly stopped but left scars within me to this day. It is one of the causes for my diagnosed depression.

I'm not even mad at those guys today. They are the ones that had something going wrong in their lives so they had to carry it out to an easy target to find relief for what goes wrong in theirs.

Whoa. That really... there are no words. No words to describe the insanity. I'm hoping that you are doing okay. I really hope that you are okay. :(

Whoa. That really... there are no words. No words to describe the insanity. I'm hoping that you are doing okay. I really hope that you are okay. :(

It is getting better yeah. Thanks :)

I have been bullied for a long time and in 5th grade i lost it. I was being insulted and then it was as if a volcano of Pure unstoppable Rage had been unleased pushed the kid to the floor now i can deal with people like that

You have to realize that people are just animals acting off of instinct; logic, rationality, and empathy are just a facade. And like all animals humans have to be trained to act a certain way, like Pavlov's Dog. So when it comes to bullies, you have to train them through the use of negative reinforcement, the same way you would use a shock collar on a dog when it shits on your rug.

I understood this as a kid, though not in such sophisticated terms. I had a crew and anyone who fucked with us got an ass beating. Strength in numbers works wonders, even if it is just a 2 vs 1 scenario. Intimidation is your best defense against a bully after all. They may not understand logic and empathy but they will understand the threat of pain.

In some cases you may not have backup, like a scenario that happened to me once. In Middle School I had a class that none of my crew was in and a bully was trying to give me a tough time. I waited patiently and bided my time. Eventually on the way back from lunch we passed down by the bus ramp which was supported by steel posts. I positioned myself in line behind the bully and when he walked close to one of the posts I rushed forward and slammed the fuck out of his head into it, just about knocking his ass out. I was suspended for 3 days but when I came back I stared the bully down, looking him straight in his eyes and he backed down. Like Pavlov's Dog he had learned his lesson, he had been conditioned to not fuck with me because he knew I was willing to take things to a level of violence that he wasn't.

The most important lesson I want to share though is to NEVER take shit from ANYONE. Humans are predators, once they see you take shit once everyone will assume that they can give you shit and that you'll just take it like a bitch. It's like painting a target on your head that says "Fuck with me, I won't try and stop you."