• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

Joe's ESO Review is live!

42 posts in this topic

sweeet! already 19 mins in. sorta glad I didn't pick ESO up. waiting for Wildstar

Dang, I had high hopes for ESO.

Seeing this though, glad I held out. Not a big fan of PVP so if that's all that keeps it alive then, yeah. Darn shame it was merely average. Lots of money and hopes lost on it.

Man, I spent over 6 months watching podcasts and going on there website and waiting for the game. I couldn't buy it cuz I'm broke, so I was going to ask for it for my birthday and see if I like it. I'm not going to anymore. I'm extremely disappointed in this game. I've seen multiple live streams of ESO and, yeah. I've even defended it when it was still being made against people online and even my friends. I can't defend it, in good faith.

Just started watching.... And I agree so far lol. I thought Joe would have liked it after he decided to buy and streamed it a lot.

"Let's pretend to play Elder Scrolls" so true!

Man, I spent over 6 months watching podcasts and going on there website and waiting for the game. I couldn't buy it cuz I'm broke, so I was going to ask for it for my birthday and see if I like it. I'm not going to anymore. I'm extremely disappointed in this game. I've seen multiple live streams of ESO and, yeah. I've even defended it when it was still being made against people online and even my friends. I can't defend it, in good faith.

Didn't you get into the beta? Even though it was just a weekend it was enough to see there was way too much wow in this Elder Scrolls... Might as well play real wow.

I never thought this game would live up to ES but I thought it would be a good MMO compared to wow and GW2. Nope this game is a joke, I really do hope they have completely scrapped the idea of a Fallout MMO that they were throwing around years ago.

The biggest issue I have is how the game constantly breaks immersion like Joe mentions around the 23:00 mark. You get sent on epic quests to kill important NPCs or monsters only to find them either already dead with other players standing around waiting for the respawn or you find them half dead and being beaten on by several other players.

Or sometimes you get lucky and make it to the person you're supposed to kill but during your epic fight motherfucking Leroy Jenkins and his buddies jump in and spoil it.

Honestly if it weren't for this horseshit I could give the game a 7/10.

Ok, so basically it's what I thought it would be. It's an average mmo but a terrible representation of The Elder Scrolls universe. Nothing shown in the video gives me any interest what so ever. I'm clapping for you Zenimax, you successfully "dun fucked it up."  

I have one thing to say. "I told you."

Since the annoucement of ES:O I was saying it will end up beiing awful, average piece of over-priced MMO with no love to the franchise. I wanted to be wrong, I wanted to be wrong so much :(

Finished watching it, 5/10 sounds relatively fair, I'd still get it if it didn't have a monthly fee as I like the idea of daoc like PVP but it's just not worth it to me. I agree with pretty much everything he said, the pacing was overall awful, the bugs game breaking(since you seldom have an alternate quest/area to go to.), the story uninspired and "chosenoneish" which usually works terribly for mmo's and they don't even use instancing to make it look like you're the chosen one.

But the biggest sin of all is slapping Elder Scrolls in it and making it nothing like Elder Scrolls at all. The fact first person is a hindrance and not a requirement due to hit-scan annoys me to no end, and then there's classes and the fact regular spells are all two handed staves instead of Skyrim like spells(imbalanced as they were they worked well as one handed weapons.)

The fact the PVP is the best part in a game from a series known for it's single player immersive(as computer games can be.)  pve gameplay was probably not very smart either.

TESO had that coming no big suprise there...    I can smell ESO going P2W anytime soon after they  turn there Game into a F2P model whit fk ton of Mircotransactions, Still GW2 is the best MMO out there it feels 5 times better than ESO. id recommend not buying TESO till it goes F2P if  you want to experience to pure boredom of TESO.

I'm liking Eso, i agree on pretty much every point of the review but i'm liking it, maybe it's because i never played an MMO before ESO so i don't have any comparison to do.

"you done fucked it up" now where have i heard that >.> (remembers colonial marines)

Glad I waited for the review, guess I'll be waiting till ESO goes free to play or some serious improvements are made to the game/business model.

"Huge expanses of nothing and emptiness in between quest locations."

Sounds like a real open world Bethesda style game, at least they got that part right.

I'm liking Eso, i agree on pretty much every point of the review but i'm liking it, maybe it's because i never played an MMO before ESO so i don't have any comparison to do.

You never played wow? I thought everyone had played wow by now. Even though it became fun to hate on wow I highly recommend it if you like MMO's. It can get tiring after 10 years but there's a reason people always come back.

Well now i know what not To waste money on Instead im getting a new Pc

You never played wow? I thought everyone had played wow by now. Even though it became fun to hate on wow I highly recommend it if you like MMO's. It can get tiring after 10 years but there's a reason people always come back.

Never played Wow and right now i have no plans to do so, one monthly subscription is more than enough, i think i'll stay on ESO for the next 2 months then it's likely i will cancell my subscription and wait for Everquest Next.

Anyway, i have to add a thing about my precedent opinion, i just spent 3 fucking hours trying to complete a bugged quest and this is starting to piss me off.