• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

nickyzhere

Joe's ESO Review is live!

42 posts in this topic

You never played wow? I thought everyone had played wow by now.

I never played WoW either, except for the Leeroy video I don't think I've ever even seen it played.

You know someone needs to make a gif of the time between 12 to 14 seconds or even the first fifteen seconds, one of the best openings with "You don' fucked it up!" that Joe has done I think. XD

Personally as an MMORPG and Elder Scrolls fan I love the game. Without going into too much detail I would give the game a solid 8 out of 10. But again that's me, a an Elder Scrolls fan plus a MMO veteran.

As of now the game maintains a score of 77 on metacritic and I feel that's a nice place for right now, though there is room for improvement. But I do agree with Joe as well as other critics that do not expect an Elder Scrolls game in the traditional sense, instead expect an MMO that has more or less just taken a light to heavy amount of inspiration from the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Still I look forward to playing in the future alongside the Angry Army and others in the PvP zone but admittively it's easier to progress solo in the PvE content with massive use of phasing techonolgy that makes it easier to tag along with random players than actually join a group and coordinate what quest were on.

However it is still one of the smoothest luanches I've experienced though that isn't saying much. ;)

dgwoods likes this

Sounds like a real open world Bethesda style game, at least they got that part right.

Elder Scrolls games are rich in content. ESO is not.

I guess the question now is "Do people still want a Fallout MMO after all this?"

I guess the question now is "Do people still want a Fallout MMO after all this?"

Anyone wants that? Oh the humanity.

I am going to look on the positive side and say that I hope Bethesda learned from this and will do better next time. (if there is a next time)

I had been getting a similar vibe from TESO for some time from other reviews and people I know. The bluntness of Joe definitely reinforces my decision to hold off until FTP. Coming from GW2, so much of it seems disappointing. Would love a trial key or something to try it out though!

I also wonder if anyone's still looking forward to playing it on the X1 or PS4 after all this.

I knew waiting was a good idea and not burning my money on an average MMO like ESO.

When AngryJoe starts a review with "You done fucked it up!" you know it's going to be a great review. XD

Yep. 15 seconds in and you know it's going to be good.

I knew waiting was a good idea and not burning my money on an average MMO like ESO.

Nice forum avatar you've got there.
Glaice likes this

About the part on having to put in credit card information before you can play your first free month, DC Universe Online also did that when it first launched. It's a crappy practice, how many other MMO's do this? DCUO's the only one I've seen so far beside's ESO.

Oh, and Francis shares his thoughts, pretty much in line with Joe's:

I was honestly expecting good things from this game, but also knew that there was a high chance of the company creating it to money grab and mess it all up (as they evidently did). Hopefully Bethseda can pull something great off for the next elder scrolls game. 

All up i thought the review was very insightful and kind of funny at the same time. One of Angry Joes better reviews in my opinion 

The funny thing is that people who are disappointed in this game have mainly only come from a WoW MMO experience. But WoW isn't even that great of an MMO. At the time it was because because it was released after EQ. If you've ever played EQ and have known the grind of Hell levels and Epic Weapons quests then yes WoW was huge. But I bet if ESO was released on the coat trails of EQ instead of WoW when it did, everyone would think ESO would be the second coming.

If you don't like the game, thats fine, if you think its horrible thats fine, but as an Ex Ever Quest player I think this game is awesome and deserves some credit. WoW is an imbalanced crap shoot that took 7 years to finish the Paly and Hunter classes. 7 Years is along time to Beta 2 classes. And guildwars, I liked it, but it is lacking. Its been out how long, would it kill them to bring out a new Race or Class?

All in all I think ESO is a Better game than both WoW and GW2. But thats just my personal opinion :) 

dgwoods likes this