• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Guest Ioldanach

The Final Verdict....

32 posts in this topic

You really can’t base the game from BETA nor from Joe’s final review.  Seriously, I gave it thumbs down when played beta.  But I gave ESO a chance because of PVP (and Joe’s 2nd Beta review) and I am loving the game.   I’ve been a huge fan of ES since Daggerfall and they did a great job keeping the lore.  The immersion is amazing if you just explore and not worry about leveling up or finding the next quest.  I’m also a MMO nut, going back to Lineage 2.  I’ve played most MMOs since 2003.  ESO is better than GW2, Rift, or any other MMO out there right now.  The game has bugs, endless load screens, falling from the sky when you jump over a rock, losing 40 bank slots after creating a new toon, and a number of other annoying bugs.  Frustrating, but I am still playing the game, and the bugs are being fixed. 

PVP is a blast

Crafting is intuitive, addictive, and fun

Classes and skills allow you to play many combinations and roles.  A sorc tank in heavy is extremely enjoyable.

If you have the time and money, I highly recommend you try ESO.    

BobbyLOD and Silverfox like this

Pretty much sums up how myself and possibly others ultimately feel:

Oh god... i saw IGN and stopped immediately :D ... best was the top comment

"You can tell that IGN was paid for this review.... i could hear the narrator trying to shout "DON'T BUY THIS SHIT!"" and the discussion beneath it lol.

I agree with many points of Aj's review this game is just not good at all and if you played mmorpgs way back in the day and state that this game is awesome makes it even worse. I started with Ultima Online too and produced crazy bills with my 56k modem, that is why i can tell that this game is mediocre to the bones.

But i don't give so much about angry joes score since he lost a crap load of reputaion regarding to mmos with his 10/10 Guild Wars 2 review. That is by the way the first you read sharing his ESO video... "is this the same guy who gave GW2 10/10?". Take his opinion and the ones from others and decide if u want to spend a crazy amount of money to see it for yourself ^^. I may check it out in half a year or later.

tofutuna and Silverfox like this

I'm quite surprised that people still take the reviews on IGN seriously, they're nothing more than hype-building PR.

I just didn't picture this as anything more than an average MMO. As it stands, the Elder Scrolls game still peaked with Morrowind :/ That's a say thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Skyrim, it's damn close. But ESO? Once I pretended it didn't have Elder Scrolls in the name, I just started getting bored with how average it was. The waiting for mobs to spawn, instance hoping like the developers forgot how well no instancing worked for open world quest in The Secret World, it just added to a pretty bleh impression. I think Joe cut his time short but I don't blame him, he just sounded like he was really forcing himself to play on Twitch. Average game, I'm really sad to say I've already left the game behind and waiting now on Wildstar.

Funny how different opinions can be an same game. Its propably based on how high you have some priorities.

Yes. ESO is overpriced. Yes Imperial edidion should be  basic game for all. Not more expensive one. Yes Horses are realy,

realy expensive in comparison to usual loot. BUT even motifs in game is expensive and its defined by to demand (Primal,

Ancient elf about 25k Daedra about 40k). An that is just a craft style. Horse you will use forever.

What is not point out by Joe a for me its much more alarming is Repair cost. When I am fighting long enough you may be

asked to pay repair cost about 1000g on level 20+- for WHITE or green gear. So in the end I am crafting white gear for me

and when its broken or damaged to much I simply make new one. Its Waaay more cheaper than spending absurd amount of money

on repair.

But when I move aside money issues. There is gameplay. To be honest I am playing PvE exclusively solo with high volume

sounds and TS off. So the immersion of my experience is much different from Joes. Also I have certain expectations from

MMOs and so I do not expect SP game atmosfere or grafic. So in the end I am realy happy with ESO. I like qquests, dialogs.

Fully voiced game is must for me when I get used to it while playing my hundereds of hours in mass effect and SWTOR. I love

the way how the game is set. Because of hidden quests, craft materials and so I do not see the world as empty. I love it to

be honest. There is allways to do something. And when I have feeling that I have company of other people I join Morwenna in

Cyrodiil and having great time.

So ESO is game just for me. There is few minor things but for me its more like 8/10

Silverfox and BobbyLOD like this

ESO,?

Well I played the beta and found it to be what it was.! ( A BETA ) but you can see there that the mmo was going nowhere.! I can say that,because I Have been gaming since the first produced game for the computer which was the 3.5 disc edition of wolfenstein for the first Apple Computer I still have. I can not give this mmo a thumb's up at all and I have to give Joe an agreeable thumb's up on his recent review  it's badly produced and is childish in game play over all and I fell sorry for the people that paid the price of admission to play it and got sucked in from the first Online video graphics of the selling video presentation.

I'm sorry but there are so many things wrong with this comment. First off, you saying a beta is beta, well what else is it going to be; it's obviously not the final thing. You can say whatever you want but ultimately your argument is bad as you claim ESO has no hope and your reason is claiming to be an expert? even your expert reasoning is bad. ESO just came out and it's definitely not worst than a lot of MMOs out there. Only two MMOs come to mind that I would recommend over ESO and that's WoW and FFXIV and other's would put Guild Wars 2 though I haven't played it so I can't say. Yes the game as bugs at launch but it's an MMO so some bugs are expected though we still hope for no big bad bugs. I mean look at Battlefield 4, that had a beta and we all know how great that turned out and millions bought it some even defend it for some weird reason and it's only a FPS.

Funny how different opinions can be an same game. Its propably based on how high you have some priorities.

Yes. ESO is overpriced. Yes Imperial edidion should be  basic game for all. Not more expensive one. Yes Horses are realy,

realy expensive in comparison to usual loot. BUT even motifs in game is expensive and its defined by to demand (Primal,

Ancient elf about 25k Daedra about 40k). An that is just a craft style. Horse you will use forever.

What is not point out by Joe a for me its much more alarming is Repair cost. When I am fighting long enough you may be

asked to pay repair cost about 1000g on level 20+- for WHITE or green gear. So in the end I am crafting white gear for me

and when its broken or damaged to much I simply make new one. Its Waaay more cheaper than spending absurd amount of money

on repair.

But when I move aside money issues. There is gameplay. To be honest I am playing PvE exclusively solo with high volume

sounds and TS off. So the immersion of my experience is much different from Joes. Also I have certain expectations from

MMOs and so I do not expect SP game atmosfere or grafic. So in the end I am realy happy with ESO. I like qquests, dialogs.

Fully voiced game is must for me when I get used to it while playing my hundereds of hours in mass effect and SWTOR. I love

the way how the game is set. Because of hidden quests, craft materials and so I do not see the world as empty. I love it to

be honest. There is allways to do something. And when I have feeling that I have company of other people I join Morwenna in

Cyrodiil and having great time.

So ESO is game just for me. There is few minor things but for me its more like 8/10

Don't understand why people call the 42.5k gold horse expensive though, knowing it's the best horse around.

42.5k gold is easily obtained if you know what to do or look for. Guess it was around lvl 25 where it took me around 2-3 hours to accumulate that amount. Maybe it's me being used to playing mmos, dunno.

Some may say it doesn't feel worth it compared to the cheaper horse, but once you upgraded it fully (which is gonna take far too long in my opinion), it will be the better horse.

I've gotten the imperial edition because I loved the Imperial armor look, wanting it from the start. The imperial horse (comparable to the 17k horse) I hardly used, unless it was for huge distances. In between quests, running to mobs, mount/unmount speed made it hardly worth it.

At the moment sitting with a few 100k gold, and not a clue what to do with it. Which weirdly enough brings me to the repair cost...

Indeed! The repair costs...never repaired a armor set myself. Paying 1600g for a set that cost me a 300g worth of materials is just wrong, and it's not something I see myself do. Kinda got used to putting my money into things that are worth it, and repairing armor you can craft yourself so much cheaper isn't one of them.

Went into ESO with the mindset of it being a MMO instead of a SP game aswell, and besides the repair cost and the lack of a global market system, I'm quite enjoying it. Untill today, every day I wanted to log in and continue my progression. Not because it's p2p, but because I'm totally enjoying myself.

So far sitting around 10 days of gameplay, maybe some frustration here and there, but compared to alot of games, I hardly get that many gameplay hours, and still feel the need to continue. So money wise, it was worth buying ESO for me.

I'm not much of a pvp guy unless I reached endgame, and want something else than hugging dungeon bosses. So far only did quests and dungeons with a mate or 2, and haven't run into any problems. The only time phasing split us was when we explicitly took different quest choices. Me wanting the goblins to ravage the area, mate wanting to save the humans in the area. It would've been stupid if we were in the same phasing, with me seeing him/them running through mobs unnoticed, or him/them seeing me being beaten by air.

Phasing made it feel like your quest choices had an actual impact on the environment, because it was visually different. Nothing like "You have saved us from <enemies>, they retreated. They'll think twice before attacking us again. Thank you" and running around seeing npc's fighting said enemies. Seen that happen in too many MMOs so far, and glad it wasn't the case here.