• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

August_Marx

After watching Joe's ESO review

26 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who cancelled the ESO subscription after watching Joe's new review? :o

Doshka17 likes this

I pretty much expected that score, in fact I gave it a higher score than what Joe gave it. Was it a fair review? Absolutely, he gave a lot of valid and factual points. But because the game is an MMO, I'll still watch if it gets better over time, if not, well sorry ESO not playing.

I am basically seeing it the same as Rage Dragon, I am waiting to get it if/when it goes f2p. Besides they butchered the face of my favourite race, the argonians look so sad :(. You can make them semi decent though, if you slap that skull face paint on them. I know they looked even worse in an older version, but part of me is questioning whether or not they even put effort into fixing it. I just wish people would stop being so lazy with the beast races, the digitigrade legs were so cool in oblivion, but I know it would be hard and very time consuming to model all the armor specifically for different races. I kinda went off topic, oh well.

Rage DragonX and August_Marx like this

I never expected much of the game in the first place, seeing the review only confirmed my decision of waiting until it goes F2P.

i played the beta and already knew i wasn't going to get it

first time it was cool, by the 3rd and 4th beta invites i didn't play it at all

joe's review is bang on with my thoughts of the game

While I liked the Beta more than I enjoyed SWTOR (Which was a year ago at least) I will admit I had some concerns. Looks like many of the things were not fixed.

Funny thing is I was defending it from people but I am okay with saying I was wrong, I do not need to be right all the time. Likelihood is even when I have money I will not play it. I just have to hope Dragon Age Inquisition isn't bad. Or god forbid Destiny.

August_Marx likes this

After watching I decided to only get the game after it goes F2P

If the game goes F2P, I can't even imagine what a shit game it will be then, it will be worst than now. You will probably have to pay real money to enter a city...because Zenimax.

I can't comment or judge the game fully as I haven't played it, but if it's so bad like many say then things won't be much better when it goes F2P...you will probably get all the shitty equipment and they will make tons of stuff only accessible if you pay...I would rather just pay monthly and get what I get. And who knows if the game will even go to F2P, Zeni and Beth didn't even think about it and all articles I read so far in which they interviewed some dudes from the companies said that they won't go F2P.

If the game really fails, they might think about it...probably.

If the game goes F2P, I can't even imagine what a shit game it will be then, it will be worst than now. You will probably have to pay real money to enter a city...because Zenimax.

I can't comment or judge the game fully as I haven't played it, but if it's so bad like many say then things won't be much better when it goes F2P...you will probably get all the shitty equipment and they will make tons of stuff only accessible if you pay...I would rather just pay monthly and get what I get. And who knows if the game will even go to F2P, Zeni and Beth didn't even think about it and all articles I read so far in which they interviewed some dudes from the companies said that they won't go F2P.

If the game really fails, they might think about it...probably.

It's not that bad, problem is that is the worst ES title until now.

Sigma081 likes this

It's not that bad, problem is that is the worst ES title until now.

I didn't even think ESO would be a solid ES title, but at least I hoped it would be a good MMORPG with ES flavor, but it failed to be a good MMORPG as well...not just a failed ES title, but I don't think the game is THAT bad, I think people are just pissed off because of the price...if it was cheaper or no monthly subs, I think people would of liked it more. With the current price, monthly subs and the shitty Imperial Edition, it seems Zenimax thought they made the best MMORPG out there and that they can price it as much as they want, but it seems to be another average MMORPG using a title that has the best singleplayer games...which now seems to have ruined the franchise or at least made it look bad.

Orpo likes this

I didn't even think ESO would be a solid ES title, but at least I hoped it would be a good MMORPG with ES flavor, but it failed to be a good MMORPG as well...not just a failed ES title, but I don't think the game is THAT bad, I think people are just pissed off because of the price...if it was cheaper or no monthly subs, I think people would of liked it more. With the current price, monthly subs and the shitty Imperial Edition, it seems Zenimax thought they made the best MMORPG out there and that they can price it as much as they want, but it seems to be another average MMORPG using a title that has the best singleplayer games...which now seems to have ruined the franchise or at least made it look bad.

The franchise is not ruined, sure they can ruin it but i want to be positive about it, i wouldn't be aple to keep playing after another devolution Bioware style.

The franchise is not ruined, sure they can ruin it but i want to be positive about it, i wouldn't be aple to keep playing after another devolution Bioware style.

Yeah, it was a poor choice of words...I'm sure if they keep on with the franchise and decide to make a singleplayer ES game like before that it will be a great game, but ESO so far isn't that good for a ES title...personally I don't even consider it a real ES title...I consider it a ES title, but outside of Elder Scrolls...I don't know how to to explain it lol

I wasn't too surprised when I saw his review, I honestly didn't have any faith in ESO since it was announced. Even my hard core Elder Scrolls fan friend hated even thinking about it.

It isn't bad it's just average. I'm going to get a character to max level then cancel my subscription. Going to hold off playing for a while though so the starting zones can clear out first, sick of people jumping into my battles. <_<

I cancelled my pre order when they announced it was going to be a P2P mmo. I played the beta and thought it was meh not worth 60 dollars plus 15 dollars a month.

Had it been a Buy to Play game like Guild Wars 2 I might of said Fuck it and bought it and hope it would get better through patches and what not. Im waiting it to go F2P or B2P. As of right now Joe was 100% right on whats wrong with ESO.

Without a sub I'd have gotten it for the PVP, I rarely hope for a game to fail hard as it's usually just selfish... But ESO's failure will mark the downfall of the monthly fee model and who knows maybe big investors finally realize that making wow clones is not working out after the last two blew up in their faces, ESO and TOR.

was never interested in ESO. I had always the feeling that the Game is barely connected to the Elder Scrolls Universe.

I watched the review and some other reviews and decided to get the game anyways. I have had a different experience from most of you it seems because I think it's pretty decent so far. 

dgwoods likes this

I enjoy it for the freedom of character building. Every other MMO I've played pigeon holes you. Your this class so you are doing this job and that is it. I enjoy the trinity, and as for the rest of the game. Well all MMO's have quests, bugs, and things that get implemented sooner or later. I'm looking forward to the Thief Guild update and the crime implementation :)

I also felt Joe's review was pretty accurate on the game, but so far if I have to make a choice between WoW or ESO, I pick ESO. But I still play DDO, SWTOR, and Tera from time to time.

I hope Joe goes back in 12 months and does a one year from Release review.

dgwoods likes this

No interest in ESO in the first place so wouldn't have gotten it anyway $60 for game + $15 a month, that pretty much guarantees I'm not buying it. If it ever goes F2P I'll check it out.

I think it's even too early to judge ESO as it is now. It's a MMORPG, look at WoW for example. It has tons of features, tons of this and that, most played MMORPG ever (idk if it still is), but WoW was updated for years. How long has it been since it's release? Almost 8 or 9 years? That game was updated and upgraded for 9 freaking years and that's why it is like it is today. I'm sure WoW was like any other MMO you get today, buggy and it didn't have all the features it has now.

Give ESO a year or 2 and it will be a completely different game, hopefully better if Zenimax listens to the community and improves upon player's requests. In 2 years it will be a much better game or it will fail, there isn't a middle. If they update and upgrade the game right, it will be a lot better than it is now.

I would also like Joe to make a review one year from now.

dgwoods likes this

Wow Joe can pretty much tell you to jump off a cliff and you'll do it. That's scary.

dgwoods likes this

I played in beta where it became pretty clear the game was a crude version of SWTOR with an Elder Scrolls skin. Only redeeming qualities IMO is the graphics look kinda nice and Cyrodil is clever.

How is it a reskinned SWToR? The only thing I see similar other than the usual MMOness is the Voiced quests, and thats done like an ES game. All I got from SWToR is a cluttered interface of 5 billion abilities to memorize No auto attack and again 5 billion buttons to mash. If SWToR had a combat system more like TERA then it would be more similar to ESO but at a much faster pace.

I would say ESO more resembles a marriage of DDO and GW2....or better yet Elderscrolls.

EDIT: OMG I just realized, TERA Combat with LIGHTSABERS!!!!!!!!

dgwoods likes this